The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   itunes (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=9073)

MEGADOUCHE 08-19-2008 07:38 PM

itunes

I have an Itunes question. my playlist is set to shuffle. can i permanently link two songs together so they always play together? Any help would be great. also, if i link them, will they become one song? it would be nice if they were only linked in shuffle. I'm a dumbass, so don't be afraid to spell it out for me. Thanks!

danieldamone 08-20-2008 12:42 PM

I'm pretty sure you can't. I know, it's frustrating when you have one track thats an intro that is supposed to lead right into the next track on the album. I'm almost 100% possitive that iTunes looks at each track seperately in shuffle.

The Godfather 08-20-2008 03:34 PM

When I have 2 mp3s that I would like played in succession such as a song intro and then the song, I just use Audacity to join them into 1 file.

carajas 08-20-2008 04:32 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

That's what I was thinking... there has to be some kind of program to join two mp3s, and then either delete the other two songs of uncheck them on itunes.
But I don't know if you loose quality when you join them.. :confused: hopefully not

dogstain 08-20-2008 04:51 PM

It looks like you can do it when importing from a CD, but after the fact, I don't know.

-----------------

Joining CD tracks
When you import songs from a CD into iTunes, you can combine songs so that they always play together (even when shuffling songs).

To join tracks:
Insert an audio CD into your computer's CD or DVD drive.

When the songs on the CD appear in the iTunes window, select the ones you want to join (hold down the Shift key to select multiple songs).

Choose Advanced > Join CD Tracks.

MEGADOUCHE 08-23-2008 06:11 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I'm guessing this is from the itunes help file. It seemed a little confusing (or not appropriate) to me. thanks, everyone for the help.