The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Suggestions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=50700)

MosesCohen 06-12-2012 03:04 PM

Suggestions

You guys may or may not have noticed some changes around the forums so far.
I'm still hard at work.

But I'd like to know what you guys want done around here. This is a place for you to tell me what to do, and who knows i may just listen!

Someone wrongfully banned, forums edited-moved, ui reconstruction, new integrated features. Anything off the top of your head that you'd like to see...

Doesn't hurt to ask, and if you ask in a public channel like this we can all brain storm and see whats best for the community itself..

And let me know how im doing please?

I don't expect all of you to like me, honestly im probably one of the most narcissistic people you'll ever meet... But God complex aside I try.

The Godfather 06-12-2012 03:17 PM

Showing up and doing something, anything is a great start. I won't ever like you, you weren't born with the right equipment. Although, I hear that can be rectified in Bangcock.

There used to be a feature in the control panel where you could limit the size of pics. Couple folks got no problem posting pics 8000 pixels wide. Would love to have that option back.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 03:23 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

yes, that was really good. Think the code went bad, and no one knew how to fix it.

MosesCohen 06-12-2012 03:26 PM

so you like big pictures? or you want it to resize them if they exceed x= amounts of pixels

Striker 06-12-2012 03:36 PM

Code:

Well, since you mentioned it...

There were a few people that were wrongfully banned back in the day.

Shasturbator
bigmac63
BlackCrypt
Mrs.BlackCrypt (simply because she is the wife of BC)
pendragon142000

Now, if you look at the banned list, you won't see any of those accounts. That's because, for some reason, Lucas changed the account names to "DSF Guest X" where X represents a number. I've looked through threads and used Google to find posts to ident them. I looked for a quote that would show who was who. I can provide those source links if you'd like proof. Anyway, here's the rundown:

DSF Guest 1 = Shasturbator
DSF Guest 2 = bigmac63
DSF Guest 3 = BlackCrypt
DSF Guest 4 = Mrs.BlackCrypt
DSF Guest 8 = pendragon142000

I believe DSF Guest 6, who was pat_riot, was also banned wrongly, but can't remember the specifics. I can also provide you with account names for the rest (7, 9 and 10), but not 5 as that account had no posts and was probably just a spammer. However, 7 & 10 were justified bans and I doubt anyone wants them back, and 9... well, I don't think she'd come back anyway.

IIRC, the reason 1-4 and 8 were banned was because they started calling Lucas out on some shady shit he was doing; namely, editing people's posts to make them say something they did not originally say. I'm sure he tried to pass it off as a joke, but it's not cool and obviously an abuse of power so I believe they were justified in being pissed about it.

Why fix these accounts? Simply so they could come back in with all their previous posts and sign up dates intact, if they so choose.

Moses, you've already shown that you are different from Lucas by choosing mods. Fixing these unjustified bans would be icing on the cake.

EDIT - Also, I 3rd this:
Code:

These giant pictures are annoying.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 03:37 PM

Code:

I like big pictures, but this add on had a option for you to set the max size an image would be displayed in the forum. So you can post a giant pic, and it won't show up larger than 1200dpi for instance. But when you click on it, it will go to it's original size and back.

Foetus 06-12-2012 03:38 PM

Code:

yes..

MrGoutHimself 06-12-2012 03:46 PM

It was an image auto-resizer for the people who wanted to see the pimples on Katy Perry's from Saturn. I'd love to see that back.

I'd also like a little less restriction on how often we can rep people. It might not matter now that there is more activity, but I never liked having to find random fucktardn00bs to rep so I could show some rep love to my p33ps and shit, dawg.

Also, can you tell Predator24 I'm not black?

MosesCohen 06-12-2012 03:46 PM

Code:

orly??

MosesCohen 06-12-2012 04:07 PM

Code:

The only problem with having no limit on rep timer is the potential for abuse. People play favorites, its a known fact. No system is perfect, some use thanks buttons we us rep!

I'll review the rep system accordingly.

The Godfather 06-12-2012 04:09 PM

Code:

...aka DSF Circle Jerk

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 04:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqCTq...ure=plpp_video

MosesCohen 06-12-2012 04:16 PM

what size do you want it? 620x280?

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 04:23 PM

Code:

I want to set it myself. I prefer, 1200 dpi wide, and I don't care how long. It was an option in our options panel.

MosesCohen 06-12-2012 04:23 PM

Basically what happens is performance may decline a little. Current input is 10 meaning u can upload 10 images at a time. if i set resize to 620x280 and u attempt to upload 10 1000x1000 each individual file goes into que to be resized causing server strain.

but im willing to try it if you guys want. Let me know what u think.. going to dinner be back later

The Godfather 06-12-2012 04:27 PM

When we had the option, I set mine to 1250.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 04:29 PM

Code:

we used to be able to post 40 images in one post. No one ever does that though. I try to spread them out so the page loads faster.
I am totally against resizing pictures if we can't click on them and get the original size.
It would totally fuck up my playboy thread.

Predator24 06-12-2012 04:35 PM

Code:

SRD wears Big Bang Theory underoos!

Code:

Lucas supposedly adjusted the settings on giving out rep after he stopped awarding it to us when we would answer a question about the forum correctly or impressed him with a truly sick thread or post.

Please look into something to do with our "credits".

FAHQ 06-12-2012 05:28 PM

Was there ever an option for Avytards to ever change their own avatar? Think that option would be nice. Also, I'd like to change my custom title. Sadly I cannot or unless I am extremely retarded and can't figure out how. If the option is there I can't see it. Also, I've always wanted a pony..............

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 05:39 PM

Code:

I can't change your avy or user title. Only Moses can do that. I tried changing mine and it got all fucked up.

smeegs 06-12-2012 06:39 PM

How about ammending the approved file hosts. I keep coming across albums to post, but the hosts are unapproved. Since the meltdown with file hosts, the PB's been looking kinda empty.

Striker 06-12-2012 06:40 PM

Code:

The option they are talking about is something that will just limit a picture to displaying no larger than a certain size. It doesn't actually change the image size. Whatever option you are talking about is not the one they are. I'm sure it was a forum plugin that Lucas probably just removed when it broke so you'll have to go get it again from the vBulletin site.

Code:

He should be able to enable both of those. That was something I was actually going to try and get done. Lucas had it disabled so he could amuse himself easier. Wouldn't be any fun for him if you could just change it right back.

However, I'm not 100% if he can enable you to change your own avy without having to enable everyone to do it, including non-avy people. Lucas was manually setting it with the global setting disabled. Might have to get an add-on that would allow to be set per user.

OR it's possible/likely that it can already be set on a per group basis so then he could just create a group for people that have avys and have it enabled for that group only. Setting up groups for stuff like this was something I had mentioned to Lucas long ago and he brushed it off like he had no clue how to do it. Makes things much easier.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 06:41 PM

Code:

I've been meaning to talk to moses about that. I'm for removing all restrictions. They are all pay sites now, so there is no use in restricting any of them.

Eccles 06-12-2012 06:42 PM

The only thing I can think of right now is that the celebrity gif thread be made a sticky. Please.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 06:43 PM

Code:

exactly.
I'm not crazy about the avy idea though.

Striker 06-12-2012 06:44 PM

Code:

As long as we're are talking about removing stuff, I think we need to remove the requirement that all links reside inside code tags. It's annoying. I'm sure there is some way or some add-on to get that will automatically make all posted outgoing links go through an anonymizer first. Or at least change it so you either code the link or generate the link using
Code:

first.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 06:45 PM

Code:

why? It's mostly crap.

Striker 06-12-2012 06:45 PM

Code:

Why? You don't think people with an avy should be able to change it without having to bother Moses? Are you Lucas? ;)

Eccles 06-12-2012 06:46 PM

Code:

You cut me to the core, sir.

Just shut up and do it :D

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 06:47 PM

Code:

the coding links rule is to keep people from tracing back to our forum. It's only for content links, like in the PB. It got out of hand and everybody codes everything, but the only place they have to be coded is when you post "borrowed" content.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 06:48 PM

Code:

I'm against it. There are better threads that are not sticky. How many threads should be sticky?

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 06:51 PM

Code:

ah, I guess I don't care. I liked when satan would play around with the avys. I thought that was a fun part of the forum. But it's a lot of work, so whatever.

Striker 06-12-2012 06:52 PM

Code:

It has most certainly gotten out of control.

How about we only code links that are for downloads? It's ridiculous that I had to go back and code the links to the SCP website I posted in the creepy thread. Who cares if they trace back to here? It's like a wiki site.

Eccles 06-12-2012 06:54 PM

Code:

Not in the celebrity trash section. It's a general thread for everyone and various women get posted.

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 07:09 PM

Code:

well, with almost 1 million views, I guess it is a popular thread. As my first official action, (I hope MM, and MC don't mind), I made it a sticky. You tell me to shut up again, and I will make you a sticky, in the new gay section.

Eccles 06-12-2012 07:12 PM

Thanks Snake.

I thought of something else, you could make it possible to edit comments in the avvy section. Unless there was a good reason for that

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 07:16 PM

Code:

yes, there is a good reason. Satan didn't want people posting tits, then getting an avy, and then deleting the pics.

Eccles 06-12-2012 07:18 PM

Code:

ah I see. Who's responsible for handing avvys out now you & MM or Moose?

TheSNakE 06-12-2012 07:20 PM

Code:

I can't edit people's avys so I guess that would be moses.

rocker182 06-12-2012 07:27 PM

Whatever happened to my avatar ?