The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - stepPOLLS (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   their/they're, your/you're, to/too (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=7422)

Shasturbator 07-10-2008 07:51 AM

their/they're, your/you're, to/too

I've noticed a lot of bitching about this and was wondering, just exactly how many people does this actually bother? I could care less, hell this is the internet. It only annoys me whenever I see the owner of the company I work for use the wrong wording (usually there for their) but hell he's a fucking millionare and doesn't give a shit...so why should I. Does it really bother you?

Thomas 07-10-2008 07:57 AM

i dun giv a fuk

i sms/txt so much ur lcky i dont type like dis outta habit!

Omaplata 07-10-2008 08:07 AM

Honestly, it annoys me. That said, I don't think I would ever say anything about it.

MickC 07-10-2008 08:08 AM

Yeah, doesn't bother me, unless they are writing a book or something...

I do hate the txt talk on comuters though. understandable on a phone, but for fuck sake, on a PC you have 101 Keys as standard (or 99 if you are Nekyo).
My daughter txt talks on MSN and emails and I hate it (even does it in homework!!)

"hi ppl wot u up 2? "
"kthxbye"
"no ddy, dnt tch me there"..

SexyLion 07-10-2008 08:16 AM

Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. Really bugs me when someone is trying to make a point in an argument. But, if it is a toss off answer, then nope, do not care.

ReverendPete 07-10-2008 08:20 AM

Doesn't bother me per se, but I do notice it.

Badcat 07-10-2008 08:31 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

This really made me laugh.

It doesn't bother me.

Striker 07-10-2008 08:42 AM

To/too doesn't bother me so much, just like then/than, but your/you're and their/they're do. 'They're' and 'you're' are contractions of two different words and are in no way interchangeable with their or your. It's just flat out laziness to not use those correctly. However, to/too and then/than are a lot easier to get confused so it's much more excusable. I would never point out those two being used incorrectly, but I will point out their/they're or your/you're.

It also bugs the shit out of me when people shorten words or use single letters in place of a word. Come on people, you are saving yourself 2 or 3 letters, are you really that goddamn lazy? "hey wat r u up 2?" is not acceptable grammar you lazy piece of shit.

maxbailey 07-10-2008 08:52 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Caught me out there Mick, had to double take.

I'm guessing a few folks missed that one.

And for the record, bad grammar bugs the absolute fuck out of me. Especially "I would of done..."

Fuck, it's got me annoyed now.

staroffurby 07-10-2008 08:56 AM

It does not bother me, but the embarrassing part is i know i do it and i bloody write for a living. I am just too lazy to check my posts and i type too fast so i make errors. If i was paid to post as i am to write then it would be a different matter :D

Even text speak does nor bother me, i spot mistakes from spelling to grammar but as long as the post says something valid i feel that's the main point.