The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ronnie James Dio passes away - May 16, 2010 (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=34391)

MikeNesmith 05-16-2010 03:28 PM

Ronnie James Dio passes away - May 16, 2010

Yes, this is legit this time. One site jumped the gun but it's confirmed now.

Wendy Dio, wife/manager of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away.

"Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all.

"We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us.

"Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss.

"Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

It was only a month ago that Dio, 67, spoke about his battle with cancer with the Artisan News Service on the "black carpet" of the Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which took place on April 8 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. When asked about how he had been feeling since he was diagnosed with the disease late last year, Dio said, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect ? the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it, then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."

Earlier this month, HEAVEN & HELL canceled its summer tour plans in Europe due to Dio's treatment for stomach cancer. The band said in a statement that Dio wasn't "well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

Ronnie James Dio had performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO. Other musical projects included the collective fundraiser "Hear 'n Aid". He is widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal, renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He was most recently involved with HEAVEN & HELL, a project which also included former BLACK SABBATH bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. Their first and only studio album, "The Devil You Know", was released on April 28, 2009.

Cranking Black Sabbath - Mob Rules at the moment. RIP, Ronnie.

gimmebeer 05-16-2010 03:32 PM

that sucks

Jules 4D 05-28-2010 12:05 PM

Sad Day

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I loved Ronnie James Dio... It is a sad day. I wonder if he is going to "Heaven or Hell" where ever you go rock on!

gman41 06-25-2011 07:06 PM

Dio was a Rock God.... Very sad Day

MEGADOUCHE 07-06-2011 06:13 PM

Code:

Great first post. Next year I'll check back to see if you responded.

Wood Dragon 07-06-2011 11:28 PM

Code:

I'm hoping he realizes this happened last year and is just adding his belated condolences. Not that he thinks it just happened. That would make him special,

short bus special.

TheSNakE 07-06-2011 11:34 PM

Did Dio die again!?

ThatHaole 07-07-2011 01:37 AM

Magic moments with the jailer all on fire and then he dies then he dies

Wood Dragon 07-07-2011 02:46 PM

Code:

No but he did come back to say that between autotune (Willow Smith) 80s Tee shirt inspired lyrics (Rhianna) dress up gimmicks and shit music (Lady Gaga) and a slew of teeny boppers singing about heavy duty emotional shit they know absolutely nothing about. He plans on spending eternity spinning in his fucking grave.

Foetus 07-08-2011 06:51 AM

hey, did you guys hear that Ronnie James Dio died? its a sad day:(