The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Making Myself Famous of the Day (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does anyone watch the Olympics? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=8164)

jizzay 07-27-2008 11:52 PM

Does anyone watch the Olympics?

I for one find them boring. I have never been into track and field, I just don't see the sport. Soccer makes me want to stab someone. Gymnastics? Pass!! I know I didn't cover all the events, not even close but overall it is just dull to watch.

lastlineofd 07-27-2008 11:55 PM

I watch the winter olympics and am stoked that they are coming to Vancouver / Whistler in 2010...summer not so much

jizzay 07-27-2008 11:57 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Yeah the Winter Olympics are way better, hockey and curling. Woo Hoo!!

lastlineofd 07-27-2008 11:58 PM

alright so I'm Canadian.

jizzay 07-28-2008 12:05 AM

Code:

oh sadly when you said that "Blame Canada" was blaring in my head. Kidding, I like Canada. I go twice a year to get my Cubans from Windsor.

TheSNakE 07-28-2008 12:26 AM

I love the Olympics! Of course I do not watch all of the events, but I try to watch as much as I can.

jizzay 07-28-2008 12:32 AM

I can only compare it to watching grass grow or paint dry.

lastlineofd 07-28-2008 12:33 AM

I never understood the fascination with Nascar (round and round they go)... different strokes for different folks

jizzay 07-28-2008 12:36 AM

Code:

Neither do I. If I wanted to watch cars go by me, I would sit beside the highway and drink beer.

DSF Guest 6 07-29-2008 11:54 AM

usually i think of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ when I think Olympics. But some of the stuff is pretty cool to watch if you take the time to check it out. And hell, every once in a while there's a decent looking foreign chick to look at.

tlock 07-29-2008 12:15 PM

I like watching the olympics for the pride factor...

jizzay 07-29-2008 12:49 PM

Code:

There is a lot of pride right up until the drug test results come back.

beastley 08-09-2008 01:45 AM

sports i like to watch during the olympics are:

bball
gymnastics(cmon, remember strug?)
swimming
diving
track

w3stcoast 06-21-2012 03:53 AM

So when I was a teen I loved to watch women's gymnastics for the obvious reasons. Now I'd probably feel to dirty but... I'll probably watch anyways.

I don't care for most of track & field except for the hundred & the last mile of the marathon.

Basketball since it's competitive now & not a free gold for the US.

There are random sports they play that are fun to watch kayaking, mountain biking, diving on occasion.

Would I watch most of the sports they show on a regular basis? Probably not, but once every four years ain't so bad.

Magnusrex 06-23-2012 10:37 PM

Code:

damn right i watch the Gymnastics. you can't spell Gymnastics without Nasti :D
and i don't give a shit about the whole underage thing cuase these are all college girls we have in the USA team. and yes i do watch the mens Gymnastics to. it's the closest you get to seeing superhumans those guys and girls are amazing.

Bob27 06-24-2012 09:21 AM

i generally watch the events like Cycling or the track sports and sometimes the swimming if the womans line up is hot enough.

kim 06-25-2012 01:35 PM

I was in France for the Tour last year. I'll probably watch all the cycling I can.

And the gymnastics. All I can say is holy shit while they bounce and swing around and shit. Just amazing.

ipsni 09-10-2012 10:28 AM

I didnt actually get into the regular olympics, but the para olympics were where its at!! blind soccer, was brutal! People just running up and kicking everyone in their way until they finally hit the ball. One legged high jump was pretty great too. Seriously, it was some of the best tv Ive ever watched.

Still though Im hoping for kickboxing with those amputee leg blades, but I have a feeling thats much too risky, I suppose you cant decapitate people on live public access.

MadamMeow 09-10-2012 10:52 AM

Code:

I knew about the para olympics, but they really have blind soccer in it? It's so wrong, but so entertaining to think about. :evilgrin: