The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nba (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=11209)

carajas 05-20-2009 10:47 PM

Does anyone know where I stream the games live on line.. I'm at work :(
oh yeah and I'm using a Mac
thnx

tlock 05-21-2009 09:58 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

this site says it will have the lakers v nugs

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

carajas 05-21-2009 02:38 PM

Code:

Thanks tlock

MillyMc 05-31-2009 11:11 PM

Code:

my bad for taking so long to respond...

i dont think teams tank that bad anymore. the wiz kinda did...but it was kinda smart to not push arenas after all those knee surgeries. it wasnt as bad as it was like 2 years ago when like almost every team like shut down their star player and killed my fantasy playoffs.

and i think for the most part that most teams try. (at least pre-recession). that sports guy talk about crappy gms is mostly just hype for him to have an angle. there are so many variables that go into running a team and getting players. the "trendy" strategy is always changing to follow whoever won but you cant always change directions that quickly.

and to have the lakers, heat, ny, and the celtics drafting high every year just isnt good for the league. its good if you are in those towns, but not if you are in the ones that cant pull the big free agents. i pretty much stopped watching baseball bc my O's arent competitive (theres an example of an owner that doesnt try). parity is important- just ask the NFL.

plus i enjoy having the good players on a crappy team for a couple years for fantasy purposes. i personally dont like watching the lakers and heat and suns and celtics 20 games a year. id rather watch portland, memphis, minn, or the okc. teams with young players allowed to just play, not have to play second fiddle and be a piece of the puzzle. its also better for fantasy bball.

and i actually like the sixers, they have some great pieces. and i disagree with the sports guy about brand, and I think he could get them further. they are fun without him but it is obvious they are going nowhere. they are also the perfect example of why the draft works- make good picks near the bottom (igudola, young), pick up important piece by trading fading star (miller), sign some qauality late round guys (carney, williams, speights, smith) and have some defense (evans and dalembert- who is def overpaid admittedly, and smith- mentioned him twice bc i really liked what he did). then just when they are on the verge...sign an allstar- brand.

there is much more hope for your sixers then my wiz.

and in the end, with the salary structure the way it is, its impossible for small market clubs to get stars without either drafting them or trading for them with draft picks. otherwise it will be the yankees and the red sox in the nba every year.

thermos 06-03-2009 01:33 PM

Code:

actually some very good points in there, I can't argue....and you're O's inclusion was killer....nobody gives a fuck about them or the Pirates.

but I think I'm a star-gazing sports fag. I liked watching MJ kick ass and I'd liked watching Shaq, Kobe, the Glove and the Mailman play together....even though I hated them all. As a business model, I like parity....but it's boring to me. I like to see dominance over teams beating each other up for .500 records. Which is perhaps tied to my strap-on sex fetish but whatever.

I dunno what I'm even saying anymore. I do know that the Magic actually play like a team and yet they bore me. Hedo Turkoglu is way uglier than Sam Cassell too.

Oh and fuck you for unloading Eddie Jordan on my team.

danieldamone 06-09-2009 11:40 PM

Dammit! Kobe! Fuck!

roccostiff 06-10-2009 08:18 AM

Glad to see the Magic win at least one game.

danieldamone 06-10-2009 10:12 AM

It's ok. It just means LA will get to win the Finals at home.

tlock 06-10-2009 12:04 PM

Code:

the finals are 2 - 3 - 2 meaning they would have to lose one more game to close out at home

danieldamone 06-11-2009 08:00 PM

Code:

oh are they? i guess i was thinking they were 2-2-3. Oh well. It would be nice if they won in la though.