The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fuck you Apple - Turnabout is Fair Play, pussies (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=22356)

strommsarnac 07-20-2009 06:26 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Yes they did. To the tune of 400 MILLION dollar they were forced to give to apple back in 1991. That money was the only thing which kept apple from going out of business.

Apple is a bitch. I've had to deal with them from their start. I hate their practices. They are MUCH worse than Microsoft. The average person just never hears about their crap because they sue anyone who even thinks about telling the public.

Apple pretty much steals their tech since about 1993. They absolutely stole the tech behind the Ipod, hell even the name. They even forced the guys who developed the original itunes to sell to them or fight for years in legal battles.

Somehow, even though they have monopolized digital music distribution, they aren't a focus of any government. Double standard when compared to Microsoft, etc.

I think their Mac Vs. PC commercials speak everything as to what they think about consumers and their specific customer base.

Point 1. Macs ARE PCs. Same hardware from the same plants from the same designers. Apple doesn't engineer their own computers anymore. They take pieces-parts from other companies and put them together just like Dell, HP, Alienware, etc. Don't see Apple saying that in their commercial though.

Point 2. Apple is banking on people being stupid and believing their commercial. MAC are the biggest target for virus creation. Apple refuses to admit that it's a problem.

Point 3. Apple can't say what they want to say in those commercials because they know they'd be sued (and lose) for liable and slander. What they want to say is "Mac OS vs. Windows". The problem is that what they say in the commercials is many years out of date.

Point 4. Apple's OS is SIMPLE compared to Windows. It doesn't have to do with the varied hardware that makes up the PC market. What many people don't realize is that Microsoft is not responsible for DRIVERS. The hardware manufacture is. So when people bitch about Windows not working with their video card, sound, NIC... I just roll my eyes and think "Go yell at the hardware company who chose to half-ass the drivers".

Point 5. Apple is a bitch!

cyberjones 07-20-2009 06:48 PM

Click for Larger Image
Your Price $128.95

Availability In Stock
Item # 977599
Mfg Part # MC094Z/A
Shipping Usually ships same day
Email to a Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard
The biggest Mac OS X upgrade ever, Leopard features 300+ innovations.

Meet the world's most advanced operating system. Again. Find what you're looking for. Get information with a single click. Create. Explore. Share. Mac OS X Leopard takes all the advancements of Tiger and accelerates them into a brand new Mac computing experience. Leopard makes it easier than ever to find, access, and enjoy everything on your computer. From organizational tools to the super-human speed of the new and improved Safari, Leopard is the operating system you've been waiting for.

Apple OS X Leopard at a Glance:

?Desktop

?Finder

?Time Machine

?Safari

?Boot Camp

Desktop
The new desktop has a semitransparent menu bar and a reflective 3D Dock that perfectly frame your desktop picture - whether you use one of the beautiful included images or customize it with a favorite from your iPhoto library. The Dock has a bright active-application signal, and the look of Leopard extends to all applications. Every window has a consistent design theme, and active applications are even more distinct, casting deeper shadows. Now you can actually see your files in the Finder - not just as icons, but as they really look. Using Cover Flow, you can flip through your documents as easily as you flip through album art in iTunes. Cover Flow displays each file as a large preview of its first page, and you can click through multipage documents or play movies.

Leopard brings new power to your old friend, the sidebar. Items are grouped into categories: places, devices, shared computers, and searches - just like the Source list in iTunes. So with a single click, you're on your way to finding what you need. Combine Cover Flow with Spotlight and you've got one amazingly powerful search tool. Just type your keywords in Spotlight or specify search criteria, then browse through the search results using Cover Flow. You can easily save your searches for future use. Or use the prebuilt searches in the sidebar, such as Yesterday or All Images. You'll soon be doing less searching and more finding.

Finder
Ever need something on your Mac when you were thousands of miles from home? With Back to My Mac and a .Mac account, you can connect to any of your Mac computers at home from any Mac over the Internet. Your home computers appear in the Shared section of the sidebar - protected from any eyes but yours - and you can browse their contents using Cover Flow in the Finder. From the Finder or the menu bar, Spotlight in Leopard lets you search for more specific sets of things. Use Boolean logic to narrow search results by entering AND, OR, or NOT in a search request. Search for exact phrases using quotation marks, or search for items by dates or ranges using > and < symbols. And now you can even use Spotlight to perform simple calculations. Just enter numbers and operators, then hit Return. Very handy.

So you're flipping through files in the Finder. But you're looking for something specific and you don't have time to open lots of files to find it. Enter Quick Look. It gives you a sneak peek of entire files - even multiple-page documents and video - without opening them. Quick Look works with nearly every file on your system, including images, text files, PDF documents, movies, Keynote presentations, Mail attachments, and Microsoft Word and Excel files. Just tap the Space bar to see a file in Quick Look, or click the Quick Look icon in the Finder window (if it's not there already, add it by selecting Customize Toolbar from the View menu in the Finder). Then click the arrow icon to see the same file full screen - even video as it plays.

Time Machine
Time Machine is the breakthrough automatic backup that's built right into Mac OS X. It keeps an up-to-date copy of everything on your Mac - digital photos, music, movies, TV shows, and documents. Now, if you ever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything. To start using Time Machine, all you have to do is connect an external drive (sold separately) to your Mac. You're asked if you want it to be your backup drive, and if you say yes, Time Machine takes care of everything else. Automatically. In the background. You'll never have to worry about backing up again.

Time Machine backs up your system files, applications, accounts, preferences, music, photos, movies, and documents. But what makes Time Machine different from other backup applications is that it not only keeps a spare copy of every file, it remembers how your system looked on a given day - so you can revisit your Mac as it appeared in the past. Enter the Time Machine browser in search of your long-lost files and you see exactly how your computer looked on the dates you're browsing. Select a specific date, let Time Machine find your most recent changes, or do a Spotlight search to find exactly what you're looking for. Use Quick Look to verify the file's contents if you wish. Then click Restore and Time Machine brings it back to the present. Time Machine restores individual files, complete folders, iPhoto libraries, and Address Book contacts. You can even use Time Machine to restore your entire computer if need be.

You can designate just about any HFS+ formatted FireWire or USB drive connected to a Mac as a Time Machine backup drive. Time Machine can also back up to another Mac running Leopard with Personal File Sharing, Leopard Server, or Xsan storage devices.

Safari
The fastest web browser today, Safari loads and draws pages up to 3 times faster than Firefox 2 and up to 5.5 times faster than Opera 9. And it executes JavaScript up to 2.7 times faster than Firefox 2 and up to 2.6 times faster than Opera 9.1 What does all that mean for you? Less time loading pages and more time enjoying them. Type a word into the new Find banner below the Bookmarks Bar, and Safari shows you the number of matches and brightly highlights matching terms while dimming the rest of the page. So you can view and browse every instance - in an instant.

With tabbed browsing in Safari, you can open and switch between multiple web pages in a single window. Drag and drop your tabs to rearrange them, open one in a new browser window, or merge all your current windows into one tabbed window. Safari resizes each tab depending on the number you have open. You can bookmark a set of tabs or revert to the tabs that were open when you last closed or quit Safari. The new PDF controls in Safari let you zoom in and out, save a PDF file, or open one in Preview - all from the comfort of your browser.

Boot Camp
When you're ready for Windows, the Boot Camp Assistant sets up your hard drive for you. It leaves all your Mac data in place while it creates a separate partition on your drive for Windows, and then begins the installation process. Boot Camp includes a PDF setup guide, so you can refer to it as you go. When you install Windows using Boot Camp, you won't need to search the Internet for drivers or burn a disc. After you run Boot Camp, simply insert the Leopard DVD to install the necessary drivers. Everything you need to make your Mac work with Windows is right there. When you use a Windows application, you'll have full access to unique Mac features (iSight, Apple Remote, trackpad, specific keyboard keys, keyboard backlighting) and connectivity (wired and wireless). After you've installed Windows using Boot Camp, you can start up your Mac using either operating system. Simply hold down the Option key when you power up and choose one or the other. If you're already working with Boot Camp Beta, you're practically finished before you start. All you need is some new drivers. To install them, simply start up your Mac in Windows and update the drivers from the Leopard DVD.

Apple OS X Leopard Features:

?Semi-transparent Menu Bar

?3D Dock

?Improved Finder Interface

?Automatic Backup with Time Machine

?Safari - Browse the Web at Lightning Speed

?Boot Camp - Run Windows on your Mac!

All the above info is taken from an online retailers decription of OS X Leopard. If there OS is so much better why is it a selling point that it can run that other less reliable OS?

cyberjones 07-20-2009 06:56 PM

As someone who builds PC's for a living I also find it very offensive that Apple doesnt allow clone builds. If I want to install leopard on a non-mac I have to tweak the bios as well as patch\hack it. Windows requires me to open the drive try insert the disk and wait 20 mins.

rdc2007 07-20-2009 07:27 PM

Code:

Eew, the one that doesn't shave her pits? I'll keep my PC!

:D

zipcity 07-21-2009 12:15 PM

Man, some of you PC people are bitter. Lighten up ... I mean, I own a Mac, but it's not like I have any value judgments against folks who don't. It's a godamn computer. That's all. OK? Is this going to be like those guys who get drunk and get into fistfights over Ford vs. Chevy?

strommsarnac 07-21-2009 01:40 PM

Code:

:) Don't get me started on that! Chevy RULES!!!!

Well, except when it comes to managing their money...

satan666 07-21-2009 01:54 PM

Code:

Bwhahaa... good one.

I really didn't mean for this to be a "HATE on apple" thread but i guess maybe i shouldn't have named it "fuck you apple" :D

Pobs 07-21-2009 03:56 PM

Code:

I don't think that helped guv

Striker 07-24-2009 08:41 PM

iPhone 3GS Encryption is Useless

hahaha Apple megaFAIL.
Apple claims that hundreds of thousands of iPhones are being used by corporations and government agencies. What it won't tell you is that the supposedly enterprise-friendly encryption included with the iPhone 3GS is so weak it can be cracked in two minutes with a few pieces of readily available freeware.

"It is kind of like storing all your secret messages right next to the secret decoder ring," said Jonathan Zdziarski, an iPhone developer and a hacker who teaches forensics courses on recovering data from iPhones. "I don't think any of us [developers] have ever seen encryption implemented so poorly before, which is why it's hard to describe why it's such a big threat to security."
Zdziarski said it's just as easy to access a user's private information on an iPhone 3GS as it was on the previous generation iPhone 3G or first generation iPhone, both of which didn't feature encryption. If a thief got his hands on an iPhone, a little bit of free software is all that's needed to tap into all of the user's content. Live data can be extracted in as little as two minutes, and an entire raw disk image can be made in about 45 minutes, Zdziarski said.
He added that the ability for the iPhone to self-erase itself remotely using Apple's MobileMe service isn't very helpful, either: Any reasonably intelligent criminal would remove the SIM card to prevent the remote-wipe command from coming through.
On top of that, the iPhone isn't well protected in general usability, said John Casasanta, founder of iPhone development company Tap Tap Tap. He said though Apple's approval process scans for malicious code, a developer could easily tweak the app to send a user's personal data, such as his contacts list, over the network without his knowing.

"Apple can see if something is blatantly doing something malicious in the approval process, but it wouldn't be very hard to do something behind the scenes," Casasanta said.

Evidently, it isn't difficult to sneak unauthorized content into the App Store. In May, Wired.com reported on an exploit demonstrated by the iPhone app Lyrics. Apple initially rejected the app because it contained profane words, and then Lyrics' developer snuck the profanity into the app with a hidden Easter egg. Apple then approved the application.

Zdziarski added that there are other weaknesses with the iPhone: Pressing the Home button, and even zooming in on a screen, automatically creates a screenshot temporarily stored in the iPhone's memory, which can be accessed later. And then there's the keyboard cache: key strokes logged in a file on the phone, which can contain information such as credit card numbers or confidential messages typed in Safari. Cached keyboard text can be recovered from a device dating back a year or more, Zdziarski said.

Striker 07-24-2009 08:48 PM

Here's another article about it.
Zdziarski and other data forensic experts have also documented a wealth of information that the iPhone stores that users may not even be aware of. A lot of delete data is in fact not deleted--as on most disks, the iPhone's storage merely marks blocks that held deleted data as "available"--and those files can often be recovered if not overwritten. The iPhone stores a large cache of keystrokes to aid the typing auto-correction, but that cache stores keystrokes from almost every field. Every time the home button is pressed, the iPhone takes a screenshot of the whatever was going on to make switching back to the previous app seem faster, even though that screenshot might have sensitive information on it. The device also stores all kinds of other information that we don't even think about, such as recent GPS coordinates, wireless networks used, un-listened-to voicemails, Safari passwords, and more.

Apple has continued to make improvements to iPhone security, both in its hardware and its software. Still, Zdziarksi argues that the data security does not go far enough. "iPhone 3GS encryption is like putting privacy glass on half your shower door," he told Ars. "What, pray tell, is the advantage in that?"