The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What was the first Concert you ever went to? (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=1835)

tstabone 02-08-2008 02:46 AM

Ozzy Osbourne
Alice in Chains
Blind Mellon

October 1992

Who would guess Ozzy would outlive the other 2 lead singers

idread 02-08-2008 01:13 PM

I would

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

I saw Def Leopard open up for Ozzy on his first tour after getting fired by BlackSabbath, That was around what 1982. He's outlived two of those cats from Def L, as well and they were just teenagers then. BlackSabbath's members are all still around. They don't make em like they use to. Now days cough syrup is taking the fuckers down...

trekgod3 02-08-2008 02:58 PM

Mine was AC/DC back in '96 I think. Here in west palm.

surfchef 02-09-2008 11:09 AM

my oh my how we age

My first was INXS with Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers. MTV's Calling all Nations tour. 1987 I think was the year. But the best concert by far had to be the Ramones at a place called The Boat House in Norfolk, VA. It ended up being their last tour and I am proud to say I saw them.

aesposit 02-09-2008 12:58 PM

mine

The first concert i went to was some crappy battle of the bands type of deal in Merrillvile, Indiana but it did have a pre-famous era Fall Out Boy, who was pretty bad. But i think the first actual concert i went to was Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger at the House of Blues in Chicago...i think somewhere in 2000ish to 2001ish. It was awesome.

oh, i read somewhere near the front you guys liked the Smashing Pumpkins, i met Billy Corgan in an elevator because he used to live in a condo on Lake Michigan where my uncle lived. it was a very awkward experience though cause i didn't know what to say and i was like 16, ha ha

Off Sides 02-09-2008 01:24 PM

U2 Zoo TV Tour at Giants Stadium back in August of 1992. I was 14 at the time. Awesome show.

EZE123 02-10-2008 09:46 PM

Kiss - 1979 at the Forum in LA

xjdempseyx 02-12-2008 05:05 AM

First live performance was Kenny Loggins at my mom's company party in like 1988. First actual show was Bad Religion in Palo Alto, then Rage 2 days later in San Jose in '96.

darkurthe 02-12-2008 05:05 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Only Steve Clark from Def Leppard is dead, but not for the lack of Ozzy trying! :)

darkurthe 02-12-2008 05:07 PM

First concert 1987, Def Leppard @ McNichols Arena in Denver. Also happened to be the concert that the videos Pour Some Sugar On Me, Armageddon It and the full length In The Round, In Your Face were shot. Tesla opened. A great concert.