The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Your Home Team Sucks (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   College Football (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=9469)

tlock 11-17-2008 06:50 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

the president-elect should have better shit to do in these up coming months. how about fixing the economy???? The BCS won't go away, too much money involved

Captain Obvious 11-17-2008 07:00 PM

Shouldn't adding additional playoff games make more money? I saw something that said otherwise, but I can't figure out how.

beastley 11-17-2008 09:26 PM

Code:

this i agree with. i think the main issue is that major bowls wont get the same revenue. like allstate, tostitos, etc may get fucked since theyre not holding their own special bowl. they must put loads of cash to get their names on these bowls which have rich history.

also, the 6 major BCS confs could get fucked if their teams have like 3 losses and even if they win their conference, they wont be assured a spot in that playoff....i dont actually know what im saying right now, but shit would get fucked up, thats all

tlock 11-17-2008 10:27 PM

Code:

If the rose, orange and sugar (for example one season) become playoff games the advertising value/revenue will be significantly less that year. also, fans may not travel to the first playoff game (ie USC fans traveling to Miami and then to Fiesta for final) and hold out for their team to be in the finals which could lead to smaller attendence numbers for the "playoff" games.

tradition to a lesser extent also is a factor, especially with the Rose Bowl

Captain Obvious 11-17-2008 11:06 PM

I say forget tradition in this case. The integrity of the game should be the issue. Maybe flip a coin to make the first round at one school or the other? And money? I say screw the sponsors and the universities. The schools get something like $15 million for earning a BCS bid and yet a scholarship athlete who comes from a poor background can get his NCAA eligibility revoked for accepting a $20 meal from a booster.

On a side note, I do get a kick out of the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, it sounds lke something that should be on the menu at Taco Bell.

joepoochie 11-18-2008 01:35 PM

Obama or not, the college football system will never change drastically from where it is now. Too much money involved as it is and as long as the bowl committees and the university president's are happy, it wont change.

beastley 11-19-2008 12:38 AM

well whats interesting about that is that a few univ prezs have spoken out about the bcs and how unfair it is...so i think it will change sometime soon

beastley 11-23-2008 05:09 PM

UF NUMBER 2 in AP....gonna be number one at the end of the season, but now I think we'll be Number 1 for the natl championship game...OU should jump to number 3. what a beatdown..

beastley 11-29-2008 05:50 PM

WTF the gators just kicked a fg...i didnt even know we had a kicker anymore....its weird not to have a drive end in a TD :(

beastley 11-29-2008 05:51 PM

haha im just fucking around...but i hope the noles can get good soon while we still are; fsu-uf means nothing nowadays....GO GATORS