The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Music Discussion (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rapidshare Changing/New Model (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=28181)

tokerjoe 12-28-2009 10:00 AM

so is the general consensus that rapidshare is better except for the megamanager add-on? Does rapidshare download quicker or have a search function? any other advice you guys would have for someone who would purchase one or the other?

Fever 12-28-2009 11:41 AM

I have & use both - as Tatts says, RS is more popular and definitely more generous for the rewards points if you intend to share - but my MU speeds are far better.
It seems like RS is consistently under 100KB/sec - with occasional (1:5) spikes to faster, while with MU single link files (music or flix) I often get >1.2MB/sec.
But I don't use any of their 'managers'.

Get RS if you can only do one, just because it is the 'standard'; and I also remember that MU free was easier/faster.

tokerjoe 12-29-2009 08:35 AM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

makes sense, thanks post

Bookpimp 01-11-2010 01:18 AM

I pay for RS and feel ok about it. I post my own uploads on a collector account so they never get deleted. The added benefit, in my humble opinion, is that RS is becoming the standard, even for the rare shit. If I am on a tear and posting to the Steppin Razor thread, I search Rapidlibrary for albums not in my collection. I download them first to check the bit rate (thanks, Postmoves) and if they are acceptable, I post the existing link rather than buy/find/upload from elsewhere. US$20 bucks for three months of RS is worth it to me for all the music I traffic in this forum. Incidentally, I guess I just upload the obscure/boring/unpopular stuff, because I certainly don't generate anything in the way of reusable rapid points. I believe the most I ever made from an upload is 30 points. I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong, but it works for me.

diesel_d 01-18-2010 07:52 AM

in my opinion the only download manager to use is internet download manager. its the bomb. will download from pretty much any file hosting site and is incredibly quick.

yeah i have a rs premium account and yeah you gotta pay for i.d.m but its worth it.