The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions

The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/index.php)
-   I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Thoughts V3.0 (forum.drunkenstepfather.com/showthread.php?t=24661)

Striker 09-10-2009 04:56 PM

Code:

Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only.

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

yeah we wear a full chem suit and then when they call an attack we have to put on the mask and gloves and seek shelter. Which is a pain in the ass when you're trying to work cause then you have to stop what you're doing, put that shit on, gather up tools and shut down whatever you're doing and then go to a shelter. And because it's half-assed like everything else, half our shit is 'sim'ed, aka simulated. Vehicle shelter? Oh that's the open square marked by aircraft wheel chalks. Your bunker? Oh that's either the office building or any of the 3 small white trailers with windows sitting on the flight line.

amylikewhoa 09-10-2009 05:01 PM

Code:

Diet!

amylikewhoa 09-10-2009 05:13 PM

Code:

They're paying me out my pension in october.
They gave me an estimation of how much.

I think my dm put it down that I was fired for misconduct.

Predator24 09-10-2009 05:14 PM

Try being an Avionics soldier and having to continue working in MOPP-4 while using your soldering iron to work on radios and other pieces of equipment.

If you wanna fly?? The radios have to work, not to mention (because they're classified) other components.

Code:

Predator24 09-10-2009 05:19 PM

Code:

Ok then, you will have to still claim because the DOL needs to know who is not working. You'll have to work out the pension deal with the DOL because if you don't mention it, THEY WILL FIND OUT because taxes are involved.

The whole misconduct claim is just that, a claim. Did she give you a pink slip? Just go and you may have to go to a hearing with your old DM or someone in HR at it and defend yourself on it. Don't worry though, as long as it wasn't for not coming in to work or drugs/alchohol you'll get your bene's eventually. Odd how you are being forced to cashout your pension but then again, I've never had a job long enough to earn a pension :(

Please keep me in the loop on this Amy.

amylikewhoa 09-10-2009 06:37 PM

Code:

If its a under a certain about they pay it out to you. Its a force thing, its a courtsey thing, they won't hold onto your money, its an independent bank that does it.

Hopefully it'll be hr and not my dm.

MEGADOUCHE 09-10-2009 06:40 PM

Hello. How are you?

strommsarnac 09-10-2009 07:03 PM

Code:

That'll mean that you are not eligible for unemployment! If your exit paperwork says something different, you'll have to argue your case. I had to do that once and it took much longer to get benefits. It came down to the state telling the employer that they had a copy of my exit paperwork and that paperwork said I was let go due to budget cuts. Even weeks after that when I companies were calling for a reference check, they were still saying I was fired. I had to have a lawyer send a letter threatening to sue before they started telling the truth.

Your pension will count against your unemployment payout too. Also, I hope they told you about the penalties for early cashout. Doesn't matter that you're vested. Usually, it's %20. Then there's the %10 tax penalty. When you file your 1040 for 2009, that %10 is counted as income and affects your adjusted income. So if you made $50,000 and your cashout was $2000.00, your total adjusted income is $50,200.00. There a line on the 1040 for that %10, but it's been 14 years ago that I last dealt with it.

Or, you could roll it over into an IRA and not incur any penalties at all. Smarter too as it'll build more interest for you which you'll really want when you retire.

strommsarnac 09-10-2009 07:06 PM

Code:

Was this a 401K? Either way, if it's set up specifically for retirement savings, they can't force you to cash out. They can force you to transfer to another bank/investment account, but they can't dictate that you cash out. They may not tell you about your options though. If you cash out, they can keep up to %20 as a "fee". If you rollover to another 401/IRA/etc, they don't get a dime of your money.

MEGADOUCHE 09-10-2009 07:08 PM

All this financial talk is getting my 5 3/4" dick hard.