forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,968
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

not sure if anyone had addressed the pay scale for the Affliction fight in this thread but i had heard on the radio that lots of bonuses were i each of the fighters payouts.

i heard that Fedor got a way less on the base pay then Tim but he maded way more for the overall payout. to the tune of 5mi overall i heard.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,817
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
They are going to pay Barnett or else the show will suffer immensely. As far as I know, they are not in exclusive contracts because Barnett has a "wrestling match" in Japan on August 15th.

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

TUF news for next season

Code:

Old 08-02-2008, 09:41 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,075
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

hahaha, st pierre-serra II is about to come on "ufc wired" here. i wonder who's gonna win
Old 08-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Brock Lesnar interview

Code:

Old 08-03-2008, 01:29 AM

More bitterness about the UFC pay scale. Roger Huerta speaks out

Code:

Huerta is one of a growing number of Zuffa-contracted fighter who feel that there is a disconnection between the company’s success and the way fighters are compensated. Huerta’s disillusionment with the UFC began when he did press tours for his employer in Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, and London and received a $50 per diem for his troubles. It sounds like a a good deal until you factor in time away from training, friends, and family, days often stretch twelve hours or more, and an exchange rate of one UK pound for two American dollars. “Why do you think I don’t do PR for the UFC any more?” he asks.

He’s also unhappy with the terms of his current contract, but to Huerta, the press tours underscore a larger point: by and the large, Zuffa does not treat its contracted fighters with sufficient loyalty or respect. He argues that many UFC fighters barely make enough to cover their training expenses. He brings up teammate Keith Jardine repeatedly, incensed that a main event fighter is working for ten and ten- $10k to show and 10k to win - while his opponent regularly makes ten times as much.

Huerta’s expression hardens and becomes more animated as talk turns to endorsements. The common counter-argument for complaints about fighter pay is that fighters often make more from endorsements and sponsorships than they do for competing. But Huerta has soured on the system after receiving lowball offers from companies who expect fighters to jump at the chance to endorse products. He rails against a Fortune 500 company for offering a deal to build him as a spokesman that included unpaid work. “Are you serious?” Huerta ask. “I know Dale Earnhardt Jr isn’t doing appearances for free.”

“The truth is, I don’t really care if I fight in the UFC or somewhere else,” Huerta says. The fighter says he understands that Zuffa has to keep an eye on the bottom line, but he wants to work, “For a company that is as loyal to me as I am to them.”

The piece elaborates on Huerta’s contract status with the UFC. Roger has two fights left on his contract and if he beats Kenny Florian he could be held out of competition and be subject to the Zuffa Freeze-out, as used on Andre Arlovski and Brandon Vera during contract negotiations. Huerta has a back-up plan in case this tactic is used, as he can enroll in college and finish up his business management degree this fall at Augsburg College.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:14 AM

Credits: 103,584
TylerB is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Have these guys never heard of negotiating? They signed the contract. They have managers, they have agents. A company is never going to offer the best deal, you have to work for it, and ask for it.

I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:03 AM

Credits: 738
Omaplata is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

While not directly related to MMA, I watched Never Back Down last night. I didn't really want to watch it like a TUF fanboy would, but I forced myself to watch it. I can honestly say it was close to 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back and it probably set the sport back about 5 years. This movie is everything "real" MMA fans are not.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:13 AM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,983
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I'm going to hold out until it comes on HBO.

From the previews it looks like The Karate Kid & The OC got together to have a retarded MMA love child.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 AM

so frank mir is going to be a coach for TUF and not one comment from the prez of the Frank Mir fanclub about this?