forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Advertisements are one thing... but for Apple to say "we won't allow you to have access to the APP Store if you don't let us track your position" (and share id with companies) is fucking bullshit.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
satan666

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
SO then what do i do if i Pre-ordered my iPhone last week and then Apple announces this bullshit today?

Here's the flaw in your logic:

It's just like when people say "If you don't like how facebook handles privacy, dont use it". The problem is that they constantly CHANGE privacy settings and opt you in by default.

As with facebook Apple fucks with you in a similar way: You buy something then they tell you later "Oh, btw you must let us geo-track you and share this with our advertisers or else you can't have access to the app store"

The apps are what makes the iPhone worth a shit because god only knows that as a phone itself, the thing sucks ass.

If you were one of the many people that pre-ordered, i'd be pissed about this little detail that they just now decided to tell everyone.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,241
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Code:

That will change if Android overtakes Apple. There has to be a number 1, and the advertising is relative to the return and potential of the platform. I don't think Apple would be so stupid to ruin the experience of their product with adverts, they have other more inventive ways of being stupid (hello, iPad).

The main freakout about this whole thing seems to be about user privacy, but what does everyone have to hide? How much personal info can be gathered by knowing where you are when you want to play Angry Birds? If an app asks you for info you don't want to release then don't send it, they don't care about your cock size, they just want data on their demographic so future products can be targeted better and satisfy peoples needs.

There is a dark side to big business, but the way I see it, it comes into play with dodgy deals, poor treatment of employees and things like that, not directly attempting to fuck with their customers lives and sabotage their own products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator24 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Scots are awesome! They like to yell and drink and fight and make the best Scotch in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foetus View Post
they make pretty cool tape too
Old 06-23-2010, 12:41 PM
satan666

Code:

Oh, and gimmebeer,

Don't like the thread? Don't click into it!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 PM
satan666

Code:

Omg this is so fucking retarded it doesn't even warrant a response. Talk to anyone that works in internet security for the answer to this.

Code:

It's not that anyone thinks that companies have nefarious intent with your info... it's that Apple is, once again, forcing people into the direction they want consumers to go by witholding features (apps) until you comply. I look at it like this: I PAID APPLE my MONEY to buy an iPhone. I PAID the developer for HIS/HER APP. WHY must i still watch adverts? Ok, fine... i'll watch your adverts. What? Oh, not only must i watch your adverts but i need to let you GEO track me and supply this info to all these 3rd party companies as well? When does this end?

That's like PAYING Samsung for a TV. Then paying Samsung for the TV shows. Then samsung still makes you watch adverts on the tv that you paid for to watch the TV shows that you paid for. If this example was APPLE it would go a step further... Apple would make it so that you can't use any non-Apple DVD player with their Apple TVs. And if your TV needed a repair you couldn't use anyone but Apple.

Bullshit.

Apple counts on the sheep to not see anything wrong with this and to just go along with the herd.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
gimmebeer or gimmepussy

Credits: 189,762
gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.
gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.

Code:

start a thread about it?

try to get your money back if your no longer happy with the deal, that usually works in developed countries

Code:

you're supposed to know things may change, it usually says so before you "accept the terms of use". if not, you are completely right and apple is screwing up. if it does and you are unhappy with the change, leave (or don't join).

Code:

heheheh, this made me laugh

Code:

no worries, i don't!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,479
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

If I'm paying for the phone: I shouldn't be forced into shitty calls from the manufacturer.

If I pay for a program: I shouldn't have to deal with advertising for similar products- I paid for the fucking thing. If I'm getting it for FREE, then fuck myself and my poor ass that wanted it.

Biggest problem: Geo-Tracking + internet service. My phone number and info is attached to the service through the telco (AT&T), how long until some Goatsey individual figures out how to get into it? The only sure fire way not to have information not to fall into the wrong hands, is not to use it for asinine purposes. Fuck it, I'm just going to use my social security number for everything, I wonder if gmail has it available. ALSO, I'm paying for the internet service (ON A CAP NOW), how much will the overages be if I go over and Apple deems it necessary that I NEED to know that although I'm at Mc Donalds, Burger King is right around the corner and will give me flame broiled spam for lunch instead of the fry-co-waved squirrel that I am currently enjoying?

Google does the same shit with google maps I'm sure, but I have an alternative. There is NO alternative (legally) for the appstore.

/rant off- and I wasn't even upset about it.

/now I need to shit
Old 06-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,241
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Code:

Lol, I guess everyone has to say something retarded eventually.

I do understand the issues, but it seems like Apple can't do anything without everyone completely losing their shit. I don't see anything new here, and yeah it sucks, but it just seems like this issue is nitpicking away at things that may or may not be malicious. I am not saying we should just bend over, but I guess I am missing how people seem surprised by companies behaving in this way.

Of course they will, and its the responsibility of the consumer to look at what they buy and consider the consequences. Buyer beware and all that shit. So I guess in enlightening us with the fact Apple has a policy that maximises the features of their products to help entice advertisers by using our data, and specifically our location then I guess it helps that.

Forcing people to release certain information is a risky move, and if it turns out people are against it then they will stop using it and Apple will have to think of something else. If people don't care then I guess you are going to have to buy something else. Thats about as democratic as it gets.

I am naturally suspicious of large companies and with that comes an expectation for them to cross the line on occassion. For this to work, there probably will be a shift with manufacturers along the lines of your Samsung example, and yeah consumer culture is driving us all towards direct control of our lives and spending by the largest companies.

It sucks, and its why I am striving to start my own business which I hope to use to help independent and socially responsible companies and give them a more even competing ground, but I don't get my knickers all in a twist about it because the problem is much further along than that. I believe there will be much more major issues and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I get a bit rattled when people make out that a paragraph in some policy is the biggest issue when it isn't, there are much bigger things to worry about.

Fuck I don't know, I don't think I could get my point across without writing a report on it. Believe it or not I am on your side, not the big bad Apple's, someone attempt to translate my gibberish into something meaningful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator24 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Scots are awesome! They like to yell and drink and fight and make the best Scotch in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foetus View Post
they make pretty cool tape too
Old 06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,360
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Love my Droid; and from what I can tell, the apps are similar (I even downed the bubble level ). But before it, I would have been tempted to break my no-Apple policy for the iphone, except I hate AT&T service even more.

They all want in our pockets, Google included.
I got this from Google a few days ago:
Code:

As far as I can tell, Google Places is how they track my location and offer my shit up to GPS-focused adverts. The difference seems to me that there is a clear path for opting out, without threatening performance/value/service repercussions.
Apple sucks ass. They've obscured their innovations with the most manipulative and arrogant policies of any corporation in the free market - they just wrap their shit in a hipster fanboy slick-ass marketing packaging.
Even the big bad 'evil' Microsoft wouldn't try to pull their shit - because at their base they have always been closer to the open sourcing of technology, and because of the anti-trust lawsuit backlash that seems to hit everyone but Apple.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Credits: 319,903,651
The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.
The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.

I run my unlocked/jailbroken 3GS on T-Mobile. 80% of the hard-on with almost none of the tease. OS 4.0 has been cracked already and I'll have that installed by the weekend.