forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,817
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
the president-elect should have better shit to do in these up coming months. how about fixing the economy???? The BCS won't go away, too much money involved

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:00 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 9,697
Captain Obvious is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Shouldn't adding additional playoff games make more money? I saw something that said otherwise, but I can't figure out how.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 89,287
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

Code:

this i agree with. i think the main issue is that major bowls wont get the same revenue. like allstate, tostitos, etc may get fucked since theyre not holding their own special bowl. they must put loads of cash to get their names on these bowls which have rich history.

also, the 6 major BCS confs could get fucked if their teams have like 3 losses and even if they win their conference, they wont be assured a spot in that playoff....i dont actually know what im saying right now, but shit would get fucked up, thats all
Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,817
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

If the rose, orange and sugar (for example one season) become playoff games the advertising value/revenue will be significantly less that year. also, fans may not travel to the first playoff game (ie USC fans traveling to Miami and then to Fiesta for final) and hold out for their team to be in the finals which could lead to smaller attendence numbers for the "playoff" games.

tradition to a lesser extent also is a factor, especially with the Rose Bowl

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 PM

Credits: 9,697
Captain Obvious is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I say forget tradition in this case. The integrity of the game should be the issue. Maybe flip a coin to make the first round at one school or the other? And money? I say screw the sponsors and the universities. The schools get something like $15 million for earning a BCS bid and yet a scholarship athlete who comes from a poor background can get his NCAA eligibility revoked for accepting a $20 meal from a booster.

On a side note, I do get a kick out of the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, it sounds lke something that should be on the menu at Taco Bell.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM

Credits: 2,047
joepoochie is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Obama or not, the college football system will never change drastically from where it is now. Too much money involved as it is and as long as the bowl committees and the university president's are happy, it wont change.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Dicktowel.com

beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

well whats interesting about that is that a few univ prezs have spoken out about the bcs and how unfair it is...so i think it will change sometime soon
Old 11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Dicktowel.com

UF NUMBER 2 in AP....gonna be number one at the end of the season, but now I think we'll be Number 1 for the natl championship game...OU should jump to number 3. what a beatdown..
Old 11-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Dicktowel.com

WTF the gators just kicked a fg...i didnt even know we had a kicker anymore....its weird not to have a drive end in a TD
Old 11-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Dicktowel.com

haha im just fucking around...but i hope the noles can get good soon while we still are; fsu-uf means nothing nowadays....GO GATORS