forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:34 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,586
ichigo84 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Need Serious Help, Please

(Sorry, Guess would belong in this one better, huh? Been a while since I've been on here)
Hello I'm Dave.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I figured you guys were the only one I could go to with this, you all seem to know your computer stuff. Okay well today(Yesterday Friday) I bought an open box AVCHD Panasonic (yeah I know smart). So pretty much no manual, no nothing...anyways, I know nothing about computer and HD.

So my question is this. What program or converter will I need to play/load it. I wanna make a few short films for youtube. I have a few video converters, but nothing I guess for an MTS? (no idea what that even is) Yeah so I guess it saves under mts files.

Thank you. (also I have windows XP, emachines, think its 2003 model)

Also I have VLC and Divx player. VLC won't play it...well kinda, the picture is frozen with choppy sound, Divx player plays real slow.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:18 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,085
victor6er will become famous soon enoughvictor6er will become famous soon enoughvictor6er will become famous soon enough

Try using google.

I found several different posts on several different forums.... most notably...

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
the gist of it is that if you're going to save and use mts files try to get the whole folder on the recorder not just the file.

Then use Nero7 or 8

"NeroVision 4.9.6.6, the NLE which comes with Nero 7, WILL import and process MTS files. You simply need to tell the file browser to look for ALL FILES, not just video files.

If your computer is slow, maybe you won't be able to preview the MTS files in the editor or split and trim them, but you can still simply import them and then export them to a format compatible with your machine. Nero allows exporting files in just about any format, high definition or standard. Once exported, you can re-import the file in scene clips and re-edit any way you want."

shamelessly stolen from that posting cuz I'm tired as fuck and can't believe it's your second fucking post in like a year.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,586
ichigo84 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Thanks.

Yeah I'm trying it now, let you know how it works. And yeah, I know. I suck. I actually am kinda a busy person. Plus I work overnight shifts, but yeah I finally figure I stop lurking and finally post something. Sorry y'all. I'll go ahead and introduce myself, in the thread.
Closed Thread