forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
jesus is my homeboy

Credits: 5,183
Candi Apples is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Talking

I hate all sports.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Depression hurts, but I dont have to

Credits: 12,296
Stl is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
You hate sex??

I consider that a sport. Anyone can do it you don't even have to be in shape
Old 10-05-2008, 12:00 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 10,065
BarryMcCockiner is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I've always seen so much more heart in college. My friend played O-line for VT, probably could have gone pro but had no desire. He played because of what it meant to put on that jersey every Saturday, because he was a Hokie, he chose to be there, had the desire to give his all every game and juggle that extra work with getting a free education. He didn't even try to get into the NFL because he had no allegiance there, he had grown up wanting to have that VT on his helmet. Merely from the standpoint of a fan, I grew up with Hokie blood, my dad went there in the '70's, my brother went there the year before I did, I didn't even apply to another school, I always knew I was going to be a Hokie and going to a game in Blacksburg is something that will always be special to me. Granted I've only ever been to Panthers games in the NFL and I cannot imagine a worse group of fans, I've just never seen the devotion and enthusiasm that I've seen in the Lane. I love having the band playing the school songs, the cheers (though it's a shame the "stick it in" cheer was banned from our games), the instant camaraderie that I feel when I see another Hokie, personally I've never seen that with anything professional. I just hate how after any NFL game, the players just cruise into the field and laugh and talk it up with the other team. If you lose a game in college, you're on a knee looking at your dreams for that year float away (unless you're to the point where you're used to losing, which is just sad). I don't know, I'm ranting now, but it might just be because I've just been around a very tight, loyal college community and haven't witnessed anything close anywhere else, but I have never been able to get into pro sports because they don't have the same effect on me as what I've seen at VT.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 15,650
jizzay is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Yes, most of them do. You forget they are students first. They are not there to get payed, they are there to get an education and develop their skills.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 88,524
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

Code:

you're right; theyre there to get the athletic directors and their department paid. a lot.

a lot a lot.

a lotttt.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:33 PM

Code:

That's right, The AD's work there, not get payed to get an education.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Dicktowel.com

beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

Code:

You're missing the fundamental difference; ADs make money off of student-athletes, who are NOT paid.

In the NFL/NBA, etc, GMs, Presidents, VPs, etc make money off their athletes, but the athletes are compensated.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM

Code:

No I understand the difference. No one forces these people to go to college. The CFL or overseas is always an option. They knew the deal when they signed the letter of intent. This was never a question when all these kids were skipping college and getting drafted. Remember it is not athlete-student, it's student athletes. And technically they are getting paid while in college. Free meals, travels, housing, education. Of course they can't buy houses, and rims with their student cards. That must be what they are looking for...more money for chains and grills.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Dicktowel.com

i know no one forces them to, but just like the electorate in america, the system is set up so that, especially for football, the only way to make it in a professional league is to go thru the ncaa.

brandon jennings is one of the first to bypass the ncaa in the sport of basketball, and i applaud him for it. hopefully it will work, and more and more athletes will realize they dont need the farce of the one-and-done rule and can make a living right out of high school.

again, you're right. no one told these athletes to go to college.but their other options, as you state, like the cfl, or playing overseas is not a way to get into the nfl. its much more difficult to play pro football here in the states than in other countries, since we are the ultimate. thats why the ncaa system is flawed-it relies on talent staying local.

hopefully brandon jennings will do well and prove the ncaa isn't necessary(at least for bball)
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 10,065
BarryMcCockiner is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

There are always going to be flaws with every system, rules are put in to benefit the greatest number of people, there are always going to be those who feel like they get screwed by the rules. For me, I think NCAA football definitely is a must because the size/strength difference is so incredibly drastic between high school and the NFL. If we let high schoolers go straight to the NFL, 99% of them won't play their first 2-3 years anyway because they're still developing physically, much less talent-wise. If they jumped right into the NFL, there would be a lot more athlete fatalities. I've got to side with Jizz here, the ones that have their heads on straight know that they're getting paid in a round-about way by getting their scholarship, free training, meal plans, and landing with the right coaches will have you much more prepared if you are trying to go pro.

I think it's much less of an issue for basketball, there have been quite a few to take the jump from HS and be very successful, but all the same, college can be a good buffer to see how someone competes against a higher tier of competition.