forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Follow
Hinduism 4 5.63%
Judaism 4 5.63%
Buddhism 4 5.63%
Shinto 1 1.41%
Confucianism 0 0%
Taoism 3 4.23%
Christianity 31 43.66%
Islam 0 0%
Wiccan 1 1.41%
pray nightly to the porcelain gods 23 32.39%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 01:37 AM
2 smileys, 1 cup

Credits: 22,088
Glen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP totalGlen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP totalGlen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP total
Glen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP totalGlen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP totalGlen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP totalGlen Quagmire laughs at your paltry REP total

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
That question mark is so appropriate there.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:10 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,498
ata033 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I was raised Baptist, and I also used my brain to question the Bible. In spite of being force-fed certain things, I stil believe in God and Jesus Christ and still identify myself as a Christian. I just don't believe everything my church or any other church tells me without question, but I also don't believe that there is no God. In my opinion, the world is just too complicated of a place for there to be no Supreme being. I mean that our bodies are far too complicated for us to have just evolved into the machines we are, at least without some form of guidance. But we all do question; that's only natural.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,019
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Um, you left off NONE.

They're pretty much all rip-offs of each other. The older ones can be linked to even older beliefs and histories.

Not to mention it's funny how many say they are unaltered, but when you do a bit of research you can easily find different versions of the "same" book.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 18,828
Geaux Saints is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Not to get into any type of war, here, but if you do not believe there is a God or supreme being, what is YOUR opinion of how we all came to be? Just curious.

"You rise, you fall, you're down, then you rise again...what don't kill ya, make ya more strong" - Broken, Beat & Scarred -Metallica
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

Credits: 6,972
goonarms is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Raised Roman Catholic.... Now a Biologist.... sums it up

Evolution is a motherfucker
Old 08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 62,222
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough
Default should there be more

Does Christian include say Gnostics? or Mormons? I went to a church when I was young that didn't consider Catholics as Christians. What about the Adventists?

And then there are the Jews who believe in Christ. I can't remember the correct term.

Anyway. I think I'm way out on the skepticism meter. I think that it's certainly possible that God exists. And because I have been surrounded by some form of Christianity or another most of my life that is what I listened to but don't completely buy. I think the council of Nicae (spelling) hosed up the bible six ways from sunday as did the hundreds of translations and transcriptions over time. And I think that modern christianity is not what was intended IF the bible was the word of God.

However, I'm betting that any thinking man would have the same problem with most any religion that he looked into. So based on where you lived you would have the same healthy skepticism. But it has been noted before that many of the fundamentals of human interaction that have guidance in any of the holy books are very similar. Sure each has it's own special features. Maybe they're all right to some extent and a bit wrong. And it's likely that some current interpretations are very wrong because 1)we want to interpret things that way or 2) someone pulled a fast one in the first place and God never said what some scribe wrote 2000 years ago!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:37 PM
jesus is my homeboy

Credits: 5,183
Candi Apples is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Smile

I classify myself as a Christian,as it's a religion that is similar to the value's I was brought up with.

That being said,I am not a bible thumper,nor do I attend church.

I went to church with an aunt a few times as a child,and it just wasn't for me.

I don't care what religion anybody else is,or if they are an atheist.

I am a firm believer that people have a right to their belief's,and religion is something I normally don't discuss with people.

Although,I don't mind discussing it.

Last edited by Candi Apples : 08-07-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,547
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

I'm a christian jihadist and a meat Popsicle. Or maybe a seventh day mustachist

Last edited by Trips : 08-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 5,465
Badcat is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I read somewhere that there were a lot of people that put Jedi down for religion. Use the force Luke....
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,019
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

After lots of reading of translations of ancient tablets and such I lean more towards current humans being the result of genetic manipulation by more advanced beings. No, not the little grey aliens either. I think it happened a long time ago. I'm a firm believer in evolution, but accept that some intelligent modifications may have occurred. I just don't believe that "intelligent design" equates to a God.

I do not believe in "God". There's too many contradictions to "God". To many religions have a different "God". Even within the same religion, there's different views as to who their "God" is.

Too many people have played with the "Bible" for political and social reasons. Sure, it has some great morals to follow. But there's a lot of wacked out horrible stuff that we shouldn't follow too. Worse, pretty much all of it's stories can be found in older records from other cultures.

Something else I have issue with are all these things that religions say people shouldn't do. No, not the moral things like killing people, stealing, etc. Things like don't eat pork or beef or fish. Don't bathe, women aren't allowed to show their face, etc. I mean, wow, those concepts might have had value back when they were "current" a few thousand years ago, but people can grow with the times. Looking at some, I understand why some of them existed back then. Take pork for example. It used to be thought that since pigs wallow in mud and dirt, that they were "dirty" and could cause sicknesses.

There are some points of the bible that as a more learned world, we no longer follow. At least in many 1st world countries, most minors aren't allowed to drink alcohol. We've learned how it adversely affect development. Yet, the bible is constantly mentioning everyone drinking wine. Are we sinners because we now drink more water? It makes sense that people in the bible drank more wine than water. Why would it be important for Christ to turn water into wine? Why not wine into water? Because water typically wasn't drank. It was usually too polluted and everyone knew that you'd get sick. Wine and other alcoholic drinks were much safer due to the alcohol killing bacteria. Sure, alcohol has long term problems and makes you feel good (always a good point when your life is harsh), but you didn't die in a few days from drinking it.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I guess it comes down to I don't have a religion is (at least IMHO) simply a method to control the masses and empower a select group of "elites".

Scary thought. The religious fanatics of modern times aren't any different than those current major religions grew from. Scary huh?