forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: What do you think of the LPGA requiring all Players to speak English
Hell yeah I agree! 23 52.27%
No I disagree! 14 31.82%
Who cares they are all lesbians anyway! 4 9.09%
What is the LPGA? 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,214
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Default LPGA to Require all Players to Speak English

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The LPGA Tour boasts players from all over the world, and it wants all of them to be able to speak English.

The LPGA will require players to speak English starting in 2009, with players who have been LPGA members for two years facing suspension if they can't pass an oral evaluation of English skills. The rule is effective immediately for new players.

"Why now? Athletes now have more responsibilities and we want to help their professional development," deputy commissioner Libba Galloway told The Associated Press. "There are more fans, more media and more sponsors. We want to help our athletes as best we can succeed off the golf course as well as on it."

The tour held a mandatory meeting with South Koreans last Wednesday at the Safeway Classic to inform them of the new policy, which was first reported by Golfweek magazine.

There are 121 international players from 26 countries on the LPGA Tour, including 45 players from South Korea.

The South Koreans were informed of the rule, however LPGA commissioner Carolyn Bivens has not given them - or anyone - a written explanation, Galloway said.

But the message already appears to be lost in translation. The magazine said every South Korean player it interviewed believed she would lose her card - not be suspended - if she failed the English evaluation.

Angela Park, born in Brazil of South Korean heritage and raised in the United States, said the policy is fair and good for the tour and its international players.

"A lot of Korean players think they are being targeted, but it's just because there are so many of them," Park told the magazine.

Galloway said the LPGA is a "global tour and is not targeting any specific player or country."

Seon-Hwa Lee, the only Asian with multiple victories this year, said she works with an English tutor in the winter. Her ability to answer questions without the help of a translator has improved in her short time on tour.

"The economy is bad, and we are losing sponsors," Lee said. "Everybody understands."

The policy was endorsed by at least one tournament director, Kate Peters of the LPGA State Farm Classic.

"This is an American tour," Peters said. "It is important for sponsors to be able to interact with players and have a positive experience."

Galloway denied the move was based on sponsors and said interest in the tour has never been stronger.

"We are connecting with fans and sponsors like never before," she said. "But we want things to continue to get better, to continue to grow."

Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 62,112
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

I don't see the problem here....they come here to earn a living, they should at least be able to conduct an interview and help promote their sport...

about a man and his horse
Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 AM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 106,549
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

It pisses me off when they come over here, win, and then need a translator to thank every one.

TITS or GTFO
Old 08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,816
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Who cares....they probably should learn english though

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,100
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura

It's a private company, they can do what they want.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 62,112
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

I just happen to have a strong opinion on this...we transferred our manufacturing from NJ to KY a few years ago. Colombians, Mexicans, and Dominicans, all spoke very little, if any english except for the Manager, she was bilingual. She told me that moving here was the best thing they had ever done, for the simple fact that, there was no need to speak english in NJ, they have their own "spanish speaking" communities. Here in KY we do not and she had to set up housing, utilities, cable, everything for ALL of her employees on top of getting her own family situated. Living here forced them all to learn english. It's not only the immigrant's fault, but partly ours too for not forcing them to have to learn it.

And, her husband received his US Citizenship last year, something she said would have never happened if they had stayed in NJ.

about a man and his horse
Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,100
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
But he problem is, if people want to venture anywhere out of their little language specific community, they have to speak english.

I do know that parents want to have their kids learn english for that very reason.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 106,549
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Plus they make a pretty mean Chicken Chimichanga....
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,480
El Duderino is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

It's not that big of a deal the LPGA requires its golfers to speak English. Other than swearing, the only English I use when I golf:

"I'll take my mulligan."
"That's a gimme."
"You wanna toss me another water ball."
"Where's the beer lady?"
"Fore!!!"

Seriously...what more do you need to know?!?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 71,752
curleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to beholdcurleyman39 is a splendid one to behold

Why do I have to select English everytime I use an ATM?