forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:52 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Google Chrome...

has alot of promise but is still pretty flaky at this time. It has proven to be a mixed bag. Some good, mostly bad things. I personally am advising against using it at this time but remember it is still a beta.

By the end of the year we should have google chrome, IE8, and FF3 all competing in the browser wars. Chrome could also be considered an operating system soon (rumor has it).
Old 09-07-2008, 10:25 AM
kicked the fuck out

Dell finally announced the Inspiron Mini 9 netbook yesterday with prices starting at $349, but if you want to get an even better deal, find out if any of your friends or relatives are in the market for a new Dell computer. The company said on its blog anyone purchasing a Studio 15, XPS M1530 or XPS M1330 laptop, will be able to get the Inspiron Mini 9 for $99.

That's not bad considering the Dell's Studio 15 laptop starts at $649 and features an Intel's Pentium Dual Core, Windows Vista, 160GB hard drive, 1GB memory, and comes in a variety of colors. Sounds like a great back to school computer, especially if you're getting a netbook for $99.

The blog doesn't say which Mini 9 configuration will be part of this promotion, but I'm sure it will be the Ubuntu Linux version which currently sells for $349. This is too good of a deal to pass up. For $750, you could potentially buy two computers and either keep the Mini or sell it online.

I don't see this promotion being advertised on Dell's website yet, so spread the word my friends. If it's on Dell's blog then it must be true, right?

I already got an Acer Aspire One last week, and so far so good. The keyboard is not as big as the Mini's but you just can't beat the price.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,550
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
heheheh I'm kinda fucking giddy right now. I *may* have bought 10 minis for the 99 without purchasing the necessary laptops. I ordered 5 for my sister and she just got confirmation. I did this all tongue in cheek thinking they'd catch me, but holy fucking asscrackers. Can't want to put these up on flea bay. Also they're saying they come with a GSM 3G sim slot so maybe they have the air card already built in. Just thought a fellow nerd would be intrested
Old 09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
kicked the fuck out

Keep me updated!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
kicked the fuck out

Evidence tabs will get more attention in future Firefox releases

Google's Chrome developers -- some of whom have worked, and are still working, on Firefox -- acknowledged their debt of gratitude for Firefox's inspiration. But today's latest development in Firefox 3.1 suggests it's now playing catch-up.

Last week's release of Google Chrome placed a new emphasis on the tab as the repository for a Web browser, rather than the Web browser as the central location for tabs. Whether or not that catches on, the concept may be compelling developers to treat tabs more seriously, and the latest alpha build of Firefox 3.1 is an indication of this.

Shiretoko, the code-name for Mozilla's forthcoming Firefox 3.1. One of the features noted on the change log for Shiretoko is added support for dragging and dropping of tabs between open browser windows.

Now, if you're a veteran Firefox user already, you may think you can already do this. Yes, you can drag a tab from one Firefox 3.0 browser window into the workspace of another open browser window, with the result being that the URL from that dragged tab will be loaded into the other window's tab, taking the place of whatever was there before. And you can drag a tab into the address bar of another open window, accomplishing the same thing. In both cases, what Firefox 3.0 will do is simply trigger the receiving window to reload the same page from the Web.

What the Shiretoko team is working on is an effort at what they describe as, essentially, no longer faking it. What they want to do is move the content of the already open window without reloading the Web page, enabling the existing page to be scooted from container to container.

Sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it doesn't. A Web page with mostly text and no editing controls, could be transferred from open window to open window without the recipient window ever reloading the page. When this happens, the open tab in the "from" window disappears, so you really are shuffling tabs between windows without intervention from the Web.

When that page had a more sophisticated DOM construction, however, the situation changed. On a page that has a multitude of editing controls, we tried entering text in some of those controls, to see whether that text would survive a transfer between open windows. It does survive...about six times out of ten. And about one time in ten, Shiretoko cheats and reloads the original page from the Web, Firefox 3.0-style.

Also in our first tests of Shiretoko this afternoon, we noted that you can take a tab from one window and drop it into the links bar of another open window. In other words, the toolbars are now receptive to drags and drops from other windows. For Shiretoko's sake, this is a minor feature addition; but the underlying meaning could be more profound: Firefox's window adornments are becoming receptive to outside input...like Chrome's.

A browser window that "listens" to more user events may, in future alpha builds, have the freedom to go beyond the ordinary browser window enclosure, operating as a more independent, more functional device. A bigger, better gathering place for tabs is one possibility.

Another major new feature being tested in Firefox 3.1 is its built-in video and audio codecs, which enable use of the <VIDEO> and <AUDIO> tags that will be part of the next XHTML HTML 5 standard.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,550
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

Mother fucker, just got word that the American version of the mini9 JUST has the sim slot sans the needed internal antenna infrastructure. If I hadn't exploited michael dell's bountiful cornhole I'd be upset
Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
kicked the fuck out

As part of its $300 million marketing campaign to promote Windows Vista, the company is planning to deploy customer service reps into major retailers like Best Buy and Circuit City, where they can "help people with their PC purchases." (Hey, they can't spend all that money on Jerry Seinfeld alone!)

The company says it will have 155 so-called "gurus" in stores by the end of the year. What will gurus do? "Answering questions" and "giving demos" is all that this MSNBC story mentions... but one has to imagine the truth is going to involve a little bit of the old hard sell.

In explaining the move, Microsoft says that it's "borrowing a page from Nordstrom with that retail customer experience," and at least one observer is comparing the program to Apple's retail "geniuses." The analogy isn't quite perfect, though: Both Nordstrom and Apple customer service reps work for the stores in which they are stationed, while Microsoft will be positioning its own reps in stores owned by someone else. That's significant, because those stores sell products from companies other than Microsoft, including (at least in the case of Best Buy) Macintosh computers. If I was Apple, I'd be less than thrilled at having a competitor stationed in a retail outlet to guide buyers away from my products and toward Vista... but I guess all's fair in love and business.

Other challenges are likely ahead, like how the "gurus" handle recommendations for products from different manufacturers. HP and Gateway computers will be side by side on the shelf, so what criteria does a "guru" working for Microsoft use to recommend one brand over another? Will they have hands on experience with every computer they promote? Just curious, that's all.

Microsoft says gurus won't be paid on commission but rather on the crunchier metrics of customer satisfaction and the "ability to translate the technology to a language consumers feel comfortable with." Why, I feel more comfortable already
Old 09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
kicked the fuck out

Vista Smoker Pro v1.2

Everyone has heard of and probably used XP Smoker. Same company now has Vista Smoker. If you like to tweak it is hard to go wrong with this one.

Vista Smoker Pro 1.2- Vista Smoker Pro allows you to change various settings in the Windows Registry. These settings can improve the performance for your computer drastically. Our service manager allows you to use service presets to stop and disable services without needing any knowledge. Vista Smoker Pro includes a One Button Autotuner that will tune your system to perfection based on your system's configuration. Simple for beginners. Powerful for experts. Compatible with all 32 bit versions of Windows Vista™ only

Code:

Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
kicked the fuck out

OK... I use both XP and Vista. I like both OS's. I like Vista a little better now that sp1 is out. I have been running Vista since I installed sp1 WITHOUT A CRASH! I recommend Vista now to all my clients. I am reposting an article from Extremetech for a good general reults comparison of XP and Vista.

For removing the confusion Extremetech performed various tests with PCMark05, 3DMark06, Crysis, World in Conflict and Supreme Commander, which are here in front of you.

Synthetic Results

Vista outperformed XP in PCMark05's overall score, but its important subsystem scores (CPU and Memory) were very close to the older operating system.

The PCMark main score separated the two OSes by around 1000 points—but it's really hard to see any discrepancy in any other PC-related activities.

Game Results

It's clear that driver issues in Windows Vista have been largely ironed out, as the five to 10 percent performance drop compared to Windows XP is virtually gone. In fact, the only test out of these three in which Vista didn't match its predecessor was in the pre-SP1 World in Conflict result.

Vista is now equal to XP in gaming. In CPU/Memory test it outperforms XP. If you have Geforce 8 or 9 series card and, play latest games then you can't think of going back to XP because of DirectX 10. It's good to note that Vista performs better in latest games.

In the office environment and home use Vista is now better than XP.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 293,555
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

Code:

let me know if you really got them at that price. i'd buy one from you, even with a little profit for you.

not my links. always virus check.
Closed Thread