forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: What is your take on Al Gore and Global warming?
This is just hype to sell his books and make a earmark for him in history. 8 34.78%
Global warming is real and dangerous. 10 43.48%
It?s all a scam to make people scared about much about nothing. 8 34.78%
I have my own opinion on global warning (Please explain) 1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Virginty is overrated, so give me yours.

Credits: 181,788
Mr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSF
Default The sky is falling, the icecaps are melting

Alarmist Al Gore has been warning us about global warming for years. No two scientists can agree on the severity or how long or whether the hole in the ozone is damaging to the planet.

What are your thoughts?

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Last edited by Mr Handlebars : 12-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 7,242
Volfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the rough

Code:

I think the sentence you wrote is patently misleading. The vast majority of credible scientists studying agree that there is climate change and that a significant reason for it is man-made emissions into the atmosphere.

There's also a more important point that is seemingly never brought up by the Flat Earthers. If we "go green" as the cliche goes, even their lives will be better lived, healthier and stronger. It benefits everyone. Thus I never understood the irrational denial of it.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:42 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 25,265
skywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker is a glorious beacon of light

I think it is a real problem.
First of all the science makes some sense logically.
I watched a show called The 10 greatest threats to humanity I think it was the discovery channel which is probably pretty liberal but I hope not too politically biased towards one side. The 10 threats consisted of things like nuclear war, plague, asteroid impact, and a couple of out there ones like artificial intelligence, and aliens.
I think it ranked them on several categories.

Number one was climate change because it said it had the highest likely hood of happening this century. Kind of scary.

I think it is pretty scary that people seem to make up their mind on this topic based on their political affiliation.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Virginty is overrated, so give me yours.

Credits: 181,788
Mr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSF

Code:

Code:

Volfie ..... I wasn't denying the evidence of environmental damage, what I was disputing was the timetables that Al Gore tries to bring. With him everything is the world is going to die tomorrow unless you hug a tree. The purpose of the poll was to ask people if Gore's agenda is bias, using scare tactics to endorse that agenda. It is my feeling that as a statesman, every time Gore cause an alarm, people send him money, monies the he may or may not richly deserve. Just because it's a non-profit doesn't mean he doesn't get paid (which I don't know that he does or doesn't) or enjoy the fruits of labors with travel, meals and other perks.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:11 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 7,242
Volfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the roughVolfie99 is a jewel in the rough

Code:

Oh. Well, that shouldn't shock anybody: a rich greedy politician wanting to be richer and more powerful. And just because Gore may be a douchebag, doesn't mean he's not right. It's two separate issues; greedy rich people are always going to make money from things like these--that's why they exist. The other issue, I want my ass and my children's asses and their children's asses to still be here a 100 years from now to bitch about greedy rich people in 2109...
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Would you like some making fuck, berzerker!

Credits: 2,027
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

I'm not sure I buy into the whole global man-made warming business. If you look at the history of temperatures, there's an ebb and flow to it, a rise and fall. That's nature. I also believe that if we were the destructive force that Gore and his cronies make us out to be, that nature would find a way to extinguish us. I believe humans are very destructive, and I'm sure we've caused more extinctions during our short time on earth than happened for eons before we were around, but I just can't buy into humans having that much power over the whole of nature/earth. To me that's as arrogant and over-confident in the human race as believing that we're the only intelligent life in the universe when there's intelligent life here on the planet that won't have anything to do with us. (I think the dolphins and whales are purposefully ignoring us.)

-SRD
Breach my ringmeat weirdos.
Always THAT asshole
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 89,149
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

it only makes sense that if you pollute the environment (as we and the rest of the world have for the past centuries), there will inevitably be a negative consequence.

to those who deny global warming, my only understanding of their pov is that its so "far away" it shouldn't be a concern now. the only issue with that is we should do what's right for future generations or else they're fucked (which they probably already are). for examples, see: social security, our economy, etc. these examples are very recent, too. just imagine how much our impact as modern-day humans will hurt future populations.....

and i know this thread was set up to be globalwarming-hating(just look at the title), but hopefully it will be full of calm discussion.

also, in ref to the scientists who got hacked: yeah, they're idiots, and yeah, im not defending them. even if they did that, it just proves that everyone has dumb motherfuckers who have the same viewpoint. you have bill o reilly, we have these idiots.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 12,794
loadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP total
loadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP totalloadbreak laughs at your paltry REP total

I think the real question here should be " do you think it's OK to wreck the American economy to send jobs and HUGE sums of our money to other countries to keep them from attaining sustainable energy on their own?". The current bills on congress will raise the costs of energy in this country. Can our economy take more job losses from manufacturers moving over seas to countries that still have cheap energy and cheap labor? I personally feel that this money could be better spent on preparing for the effects on this so called "climate change" right here in this country.

P.S. Al Gore is a douche bag of the highest caliber.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM

Credits: 79,165,090
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Gore may be off about the time table, but he is not off about the general message.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 89,149
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

Code:

hey loadbreak, did you say the same thing when we began the iraq "war" and the afghanistan "war"?

at least this cap and trade will do something positive. yeah, itll cost real money, but its necessary. and i do agree, other countries need to do their part; its just whether or not they do. for all the talk of being self-sufficient in energy production, we should do the same if countries like china and india can't help out with greenhouse gas caps. make walmart stop importing cheap chinese-made goods. but that would go against capitalism, right?

its all connected