forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: How many times have you finished reading the BIBLE?
1. More than 5 times 4 5.41%
2. 2-4 times 8 10.81%
3. 1 time 7 9.46%
4. I start but never finish it 16 21.62%
5. I am currently reading it 3 4.05%
6. I don't read fiction! 36 48.65%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I am Cricker... You are MAMON!

Credits: 55,122
SirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Haha. That whole book is all about tits.

And I've never read it from cover to cover.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 1,261
Liquid is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

More then 5 times. Was raised catholic but now I read it as an atheist so I can argue better on the internets.

Ezekiel 23-

11 "Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister. 12 She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men. 13 I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way.

14 "But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans [a] portrayed in red, 15 with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea. [b] 16 As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. 17 Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust. 18 When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her nakedness, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister. 19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. 21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled. [c]

lol

Last edited by Liquid : 08-12-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Has the odd ability to always find himself under falling anvils.

Credits: 75,161
Kyle E. Coyote is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I was a good Catholic boy, read it once. Then, unfortunately, I reached the age of reason, and used it as firewood.

However, as much as I hate it, I can't argue that it's easily the best book of all time. Any book that can actually convince 80-some percent of America that there's a cosmic jew-zombie in the sky, who is his own father, who was born unto a woman impregnated a ghost, who wants you to symbolically eat him and telepathically accept him as your master so that he can cleanse from you an evil present in your soul since birth, all because a woman made out of a rib and a pile of dust ate a magic apple from a talking snake just days after the earth was created in seven days some 5,000 years ago is a pretty goddamn good book. J.K. Rowling can't even come close.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:04 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,755
jrd0582 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'm a "catholic" and went to catholic school and managed to ignore the "good word" as much as possible. I coulndt tell you how to find something, or who the fuck wrote it.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:12 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Credits: 0 [Check]

I've read it twice. Some books more than others. Being raised Lutheran, I was given a copy of the "Good News" bible when I completed Catechism. Do I believe any of it? I dunno. Every story has a grain of truth. I'm not compelled by it. However, there is wisdom to be found in it.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:54 PM

Credits: 234,131
VonPapel is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Get your hands on....

The Vestibule of Hell, great reading, awesome book, it demonstrates the similitudes between Zoroastrian cult of Mithras and the early myths of Judaism. Plus, you actually learn something.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,019
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Oddly enough, considering I'm not religious in any way, I've read more than 50 distinct version of the bible. I think I became not religious when I started comparing them about 3rd grade. Then found that it rips off much older stories from other areas and lastly that it was pieced together and edited by a group of religious and political leaders from a pool of over a thousand documents. The "this is the book of truth" and the "word of god", yet there being huge differences just ruins it all. Makes a good conversation piece though.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:46 AM

Credits: 7,995
hydeist is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default My thoughts...

atheism_motivational_poster_18.jpg

Religion is nothing but total fiction. That poster is great. Read it!
It's tiny but I still don't know how to post it bigger.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 13,377
rocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud ofrocker182 has much to be proud of

Does playboy count as a bible?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,481
godet is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

more than 50% don?t read fiction....well, beeing fussy: what about all the books like harry potter or lord of the rings? this is fiction, too, and you don?t read it...?
would call me something between agnostic and atheist. haven?t found reliable evidence of existence yet....

edit: first post...saying hello to all of you