forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,692
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Thumbs down Chris Cornell's new album

What the fuck!? can you believe this shit? I am at a loss. I love/d Soundgarden.
I really like/d Temple of the Dog. Audioslave, although no Rage or Soundgarden, was nice to hear Chris using his chops. Now this.........Justin Timberlake Britney spears Beyonce ified Chris Cornell. I say Fuck that!

The record has good songs and production and if it was a never heard of artist or even Justin Timberlake I would say great album, but would never listen to this type of music.
I don't get it, is this a joke, what is he gonna do, dance?

WEIRD.........Thumbs waaaaaaaaaay down.

Your artistic street cred is revoked, Mr, Cornell.

Booooooooooooooooo!:

Old 02-04-2009, 02:04 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 4,459
Nickc is being mentioned in polite conversation

I have to agree with you.I have been a fan of every band he has been in and most of his solo stuff but this.....Was terrible.I respect him trying to do something different but i could not get into it at all.It made me feel like he sold out and i hate saying that shit because most of the time the phrase is used in the wrong way.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM

Credits: 1,704
roccostiff has a spectacular auraroccostiff has a spectacular auraroccostiff has a spectacular auraroccostiff has a spectacular aura

I also agree. This is was a major disappointment to me. I understand trying to do new things but this is not very good.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,466
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

100% agree Trondi!!
From Wiki:
Timbaland has referred to the recording sessions as "The best work I've done in my career," and predicted that Cornell will be the "first rock star in the club". Cornell called the new album "a highlight of my career."

Highlight!!!

I say, Good Day, sir.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 PM

Credits: 8,692
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Ha, Good Day, Sir.

I gave it another listen, and it is really not a bad record. if it was Justin Timberlake I might think it to be awesome, maybe, but its like Pavoratti put a country album.

It feels weird listening to it, like walking in on your parents having sex. :

Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 42,013
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Chris Cornell has always sucked. Everyone just thinks he's awesome because he was in one of the first grunge bands to hit it big on MTV in the early 90's. Because of that, he's one of the "originals" and because of that he's always going to have this flawless stigma about him, but everyone is too blind to see that Chris Cornell, has always, and will always, suck a big fat floppy dick

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,466
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Pretty harsh gallow.
Not the biggest Cornell fan- his voice doesn't stand up to all songs- but I think it's more than just luck that he's stuck, when noone else has.
15% of Soundgarden, 30% of Temple of The Dog, and 30% of Audioslave are classic; and he was at least at the helm. He pulls off songs like "Spoonman" & "Set It Off" with that gravel scream better than most. And even "Fell on Black Days" & "Like A Stone" will be radio ready after we're gone.
Besides, we don't have much in real rock to hold onto - that's why this album disappoints me. Even if it is a good fuckin' dance album, it's a loss of a frontman.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 2,288
stlove1000 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

It's a disappointment. I expected him to evolve, but not in that direction.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:08 PM

Credits: 6,388
lefthandblack is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Come on Eileen!

Come on guys!(?)
This dude has done it all. What is he to do?
The same thing all over again? Don't thinks so (and thank god for it, I heard Status Quo is about to tour again...)

Chris Cornell has one of the best voices in rock today.
Now, he's about to kick ass in a new genre.
You don't have to like it - it's just the way things are.
He'll be back; blacker deeper sunnier than ever.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM

Credits: 10,263
marccrow will become famous soon enoughmarccrow will become famous soon enough

Chris Cornell is a God among musicians today. I will have to agree that at first listen, Scream sucked a big, fat, donkey's dick. But at least he has talent.

Take a listen to this, if you haven't already and see what you think.

1 Doesn't Remind Me (Audioslave)
2 Like a Stone (Audioslave)
3 Wide Awake (Audioslave)
4 Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden)
5 Be Yourself (Audioslave)
6 Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
7 Original Fire (Audioslave)
8 Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
9 Peace, Love, and Understanding (Elvis Costello)
10 All Night Thing (Temple of the Dog)
11 Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)
12 Call me a Dog (Temple of the Dog)
13 Thank You (Led Zeppelin)

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.