forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Does The Constitution Grant The Right Of All Americans To Own And Carry firearms?
Yes Without Restrictions 46 54.12%
Yes With Some Restrictions 32 37.65%
No 7 8.24%
Im Not Sure 0 0%
Im Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 62,019
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
But those two statements are in conflict. If as intended in the original construction of the constitution, to be able to defend ourselves from tyranny then we we need the resources to do that. You can have all the guns you want. A rocket down your chimney means endgame! If you support the constitution as written then you should allow any citizen to have the same weapons as those who would oppress the citizens.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:29 PM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

Credits: 1,258,024
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.

Code:

Serious background checks are already being done, it's mostly people's bitching on how long they have to wait to pass it. Waiting a few days aren't going to hurt someone unless they're in some dire danger. More likely for most people, it is not. Laws already on the books are not really fully implemented but what's needed is to close the loopholes to purchase firearms from private individuals and dealers at gun conventions.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 9,652
Captain Obvious is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

How extensive can you make it? They won't help with first time offenders and repeat criminals who haven't been convicted.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Has the odd ability to always find himself under falling anvils.

Credits: 75,123
Kyle E. Coyote is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Yes. Fuck yes, absolutely. I did my term paper on this, interviewing and citing sources from law enforcement officers, scholars and shooters alike. All the evidence points to the Second Amendment being intended for individuals, and even togun control being a waste of time (even increasing crime rates, as seen in Britain and Australia). The CDC even recently released a report stating that NO gun control measure in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD has reduced crime rates ONE IOTA. But instead of sitting here for an hour typing feverishly myself, I'll let Penn & Teller drop the logic bomb on you instead.

Trust me, these vids are hilarious and more than worth ten minutes of your day:

Code:

Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,884
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've argued this with too many people in my life, but whatever. I know a guy who owns about 10-15 guns. He believes it is his right to carry a gun anywhere he wants and if he sees a crime taking place, he has the right to shoot the person committing that crime. I find that to be complete shit. Call the cops, it's their job.

I have no problem with people owning guns. I have a couple myself. I personally have no interest in them and never shoot them. They just aren't my thing. People use the 2nd amendment as a crutch way too much. Come up with a better, more logical reason for gun ownership than a vague statement that was written 250 years ago. I would love to see someone argue a zero gun control policy without once mentioning the 2nd amendment.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,963
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

i wish we could legally carry a weapon, other than hunting. or that i could get one sent up from the states for me to have in my home.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:29 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 5,465
Badcat is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Excellent point you make there. Rockets for all!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM

Code:

Oddly enough, I totally agree with you here.

And by the way, if you would really like to see that argument made, I'm sure I could find a spare fifteen minutes....
Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,700
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Code:

Do it. Do it. I'm just as curious to see it as ya'll are.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Well, like I said, different organizations have done studies proving it. For example, the CDC released a study that stated than no gun control measure anywhere at any time in history has reduced the crime rates. Then there's the FBI study showing gun control has no effect on how criminals obtain guns. Then there are the simple comparisons to be drawn between places with and without gun control. Finland has the third largest amound of guns per capita in the world, and yet still has a lower crime rate than Britain, which has a very low number of guns, both per capita and over all. Same with Germany (lax gun control) and France (strict gun control), New Zeland (lax) and Australia (strict), Texas and California. On top of all this, there's the statistics showing that after England and Australia's bans on guns, crime went up. Overall as much as 40%, with gun and knife crime jumping up more than 400% in some places.

Want more?

Code: