forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,987
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

“Ultimate Fighter 7” winner Amir Sadollah has posted a statement on his official website regarding his withdrawal from his scheduled bout against Nick Catone on the main card of this weekend’s UFC 91 event due to injury:

To all my fans,

I really appreciate all the support you have sent my way and I am so sorry I am not able to fight this weekend. I trained harder for this than any other fight in my life and I was looking forward to this more than you know.

It started on Friday with a small mark on my leg. I immediately went to the doctor and he gave me medication and told me if it got worse to go to the hospital. Well, it got worse and on Sunday I went in and have been here ever since. I am hoping they will discharge me by Thursday.

I am very sorry if I disappointed anyone. A lot of work by a lot of people went into this. For it to end with something totally out of my control makes it difficult to swallow. I will be back in the gym as soon as possible and will be ready to fight as soon as Joe Silva can get me back in.

I’d like to thank my coaches, trainers, SuckerPunch, fans and sponsors (TapouT, Sprawl, THQ/UFC Undisputed 2009 and HelpingHealthClubs.com) for their support. Nobody is more disappointed than me. I appreciate everything everyone put into this and can only look forward to getting back in the octagon as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Amir
Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

speaking of Kim Couture i saw this today

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Kim Couture, the wife of current UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, has reportedly filed for, and was granted, a temporary restraining order against Affliction figurehead Todd Beard, who has apparently made threats against the Couture family in the weeks following Randy’s decision to part ways with the clothing brand:

Randy and wife Kim claim Affliction Prez Todd Beard has been on a campaign of terror against them since they asked for an accounting of profits. A Las Vegas judge just issued a temporary restraining order, prohibiting Beard from going near Kim, and that includes going near the MGM Grand when Randy fights this Saturday. And Beard can’t go to the hotel during the weigh-in the day before either.

According to Kim Couture’s declaration, Beard has made “a series of threats and acts intended to intimidate me and otherwise coerce me to ‘back off.’”

She goes on: “My fear of Mr. Beard is well-founded given his extensive criminal history. Not only has he been convicted of numerous state and federal felonies relating to fraud ...he has engaged in numerous acts of violence, including violence against women.”

The beef between Beard and the Couture’s began after Randy decided to return to the UFC, putting any chances of a Couture-Fedor super fight on the backburner. Following Couture’s decision to part ways with Affliction as a business partner, Beard began making some choice remarks about Couture, including telling ESPN Radio’s Steve Cofield that he hoped “Brock Lesnar [expletive] kills Randy when they fight.”

MMA Payout has more details here and it seems that Beard has a longstanding criminal record, which I’m sure made the restraining order a no-brainer in both the Couture’s and the judges’ minds. It’s a good bet that unless Beard is gone, Randy won’t be doing any kind of business with Affliction in the near future.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:57 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,076
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

you said she broke her nose on the first punch when she actually broke her jaw. i never said she didnt break her nose later. but to be honest i'm too sexist to give a shit about women's mma especially when it involved two broads who are so untalented.

rickson was ten times the fighter royce ever was and every member of the gracie family will admit to that as well. the reason royce was in the first ufcs was because he was the skinniest and most unthreatening looking of the family. he was 175 pounds dripping wet so it was more impressive to see a skinny guy sub a bunch of scrubs rather than a chiseled animal like rickson do it. so i'll say it again royce was never the best of the best and that is not "personal opinion", that is a fact.

and i was never flaming you i was just pointing out your mistakes. feel free to respond anyway you want but if you have any sense you'll see you were wrong.

oh and i'm still waiting for that interview about urijah...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:59 PM

Code:

here is another bit about the Couture / Affliction fight

Lawsuit Filed in Couture-Affliction Dispute

November 12, 2008

MMAPayout.com has learned that a lawsuit was filed this morning in Las Vegas by Kim Couture, wife of Randy Couture, against Affliction owner Todd Beard. The suit alleges that Beard threatened Couture and seeks a restraining order preventing Beard or others working in concert with Beard from interacting, communicating and/or having any contact with Couture, including attending the events surrounding UFC 91 this weekend at the MGM Grand. A temporary restraining order was granted by a judge this morning.

In support of this request, the complaint includes a summary of a private background check on Beard. The background check allegedly discovered Beard to be a five-time felon with prison and jail time served. Among the offenses Beard allegedly committed are forgery, fraud, domestic abuse, and DUI. The complaint also alleges that Beard appeared in a Los Angeles court room just last week on a charge of threatening another’s life.

The alleged threat to Couture took place on Friday, October 17. The following Monday the infamous Affliction-UFC conference call took place during which Beard and Lorenzo Fertitta were reportedly involved in a shouting match. The next day Beard made a highly publicized appearance on the Scott Ferrall show on Sirius Satellite radio.

Randy Couture is business partner of Beard and Affliction as co-owners of the Xtreme Couture clothing mark. However, the relationship has become increasingly hostile since Couture’s decision to return to the
UFC. This suit appears to mark the beginning of the end of that relationship.

More Details on Couture v. Beard

November 12, 2008

MMAPayout.com broke the story of Kim Couture’s lawsuit against Todd Beard this morning. More details are now available thanks to court filings obtained by MMAPayout.com. Couture’s application for an order of protection against stalking, aggravated stalking, or harassment confirms that the Coutures business partnership with Beard is at the heart of the current dispute.

Couture alleges that Affliction, through its President, Todd Beard, has failed for the last 12 months to honor its obligation to provide timely accounting statements of the Xtreme Couture clothing line.

“Not only has Beard refused to cooperate, but instead, he has resorted to a series of threats and acts intended to intimidate me and otherwise coerce me to ‘back off’ on my insistence that he and his company give proper accountings,” Couture stated in her application for a protective order obtained by MMAPayout.com.

“These threats culminated in a series of calls to me and my attorney, Sam Spira, on October 17, 2008,” the application goes on to state. “During those calls, Todd Beard, in the most profanity laced and obscene filled rants, literally screamed at the top of his lungs that he would “get” us and otherwise make us regret that we had persisted in our efforts to get proper accountings.”

In an interesting twist, MMAPayout.com has learned that Donald J. Campbell is serving as Couture’s local attorney in the matter. Campbell is a highly respected Las Vegas attorney who became familiar in MMA circles last year for his representation of the UFC in its dispute with Randy Couture. His involvement is sure to raise eyebrows.

The application is supported by an affidavit from James Perry, former FBI agent and personal investigator. Perry alleges that “a nation-wide criminal records search has revealed Mr. Beard to be a career criminal.”

“As the Court can readily see from a reading of [the] Affidavit, my fear of Mr. Beard is well-founded given his extensive criminal history,” Couture stated in her application. “Not only has he been convicted of numerous state and federal felonies relating to fraud (a grave concern given his refusal to provide me with proper accountings) but further, he apparently has engaged in numerous acts of violence, including violence against women.”

The supporting affidavit alleges that Beard has been arrested for desertion, drunk driving, under the influence of cocaine and disorderly conduct, and theft. Beard is also alleged to have pleaded guilty to five felonies including forgery, illegally operating a telemarketing boilerroom without a license, conspiracy, mail fraud, and wire fraud.

Beard was also allegedly subjected to a previous temporary restraining order for domestic violence that resulted in him being compelled to attend a certified batter’s program from twelve months and enroll in AA.

Most recently Beard was allegedly charged with making a criminal threat on October 3 in California.

Last edited by Goat Gosselin : 11-13-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:03 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,076
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

man, you must really hate couture if you'd like to see him get murdered by fedor
Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM

Code:

i dont want to see him murdered but i think that if randy wants to fight fedor so badly that he went thru all the hassle and shit with his contract with ufc, that i would like to see him get that fight. i think that he would be in a world of hurt against fedor. i would just like to see him have that fight before too much longer.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Happy belated BirthDay to UFC. Happy 15th

Code:

Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,104
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Pete Sell fucking pisses me off. I just watched his fight with Scott Smith. It was a great fight, but Sell is supposed to be a very high level Jiu Jitsu player. Why the fuck must he trade punches until he gets knocked out?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,733
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Contrary to my custom title, I'm still not sure what to think about the Brock/Couture fight. . .although I'm going to have to make a call pretty soon on MMAPlayground.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Code:

im torn with this fight also