forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 10-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 88,488
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of
Arrow Nba

I know a lot of you guys don't like the nba cuz the players are spoiled, etc etc, but if you DO like the nba, we can talk about it here.

Heat fan here, looking forward to the season.

With all the trades and players leaving their teams during the offseason, I'm confused as to exactly who's on which team, but with the start of fantasy basketball, im getting more acquainted with the new looks of teams.

(ie Brand in Philly, Baron a Clip, Yi Jianlian with the Nets, RJeff with the Bucks, Jermaine on Toronto)

Anyway, post ur teams and maybe playoff predictions?

If anyone cares, I'll put mine up:

EAST

1. Detroit Pistons (great regular season team, can't win in the playoffs anymore)
2. Boston Celtics (lost Posey, but same starting 5, so they'll be competitive)
3. Orlando Magic (damn the Southeast is so weak)
4. Philadelphia 76ers (Brand, Iguodala, Andre Miller, damn dawg)
5. Toronto Raptors (they are stacked, homie, stacked)
6. Milwaukee Bucks (They got RJeff, and I know this is high, but Luke Ridnour's a good PG, plus Michael Redd is healthy)
7. Miami Heat (YEEEEEA dawg, gotta have hope that Beasley will begin providing near the middle of the season)
8. Cleveland Cavaliers (they finally got a PG, but they're still the Cavs; LBJ can't carry them)

WEST

1. Los Angeles Lakers (Bynum healthy all year, LO as a 6th man? That's wealth)
2. New Orleans Hornets (CP3's the real deal, and he's got shooters and big men...)
3. Utah Jazz (their division is soft, so they get top spot)
4. San Antonio Spurs (same, steady Spurs)
5. Houston Rockets (Artest is gonna go crazy in H-town; Yao and McGrady will be out for at least 20 games each)
6. Los Angeles Clippers (They look reallllly good this year; imagine if Brand didn't lie)
7. Portland Trailblazers (it'll take too long for Oden to get adjusted to the NBA, but when he does, they'll go on a few 10-game tears)
8. Dallas Mavericks(not to be confused with McCain/Palin)
Old 10-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,813
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Lakers fan here, but not a big NBA fan so I won't try to predict the playoffs because I don't know/care enough about the other teams.

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,809
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough
Default damn it...

I had this epic predictions post crafted with little summaries like yours Heat....and my damn PC crashed. I'm too lazy to retype it all.

I will say, that the above post by Tlock is typical of a Lakers fan ^^^.

Needless to say, I'm a Sixers nut and it's clouded my judgement - I have them winning the East and put the Pistons waay lower than you. I think they're cooked. Celtics will be okay....but the Posey loss is huge and Allen and Garnett HAVE to fall off in production. Pierce too. Their season was like the perfect culmination of every thing at once and I don't see it happening again. Plus, I still think Doc Rivers is a douche.

I don't think the JO trade will change things that much.....that fucker has been mailing it in the past couple years anyway. I hope Beasly is all that you want him to be.....it's an awesome pairing with Wade.

My West list was very similar tho. CP3 is the man. Ogden won't change to conference just yet.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Dicktowel.com

beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

i think u mean oden, and yeah i agree about jo, but hes in a much better situation now, torontos pretty stacked
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,809
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Haha....damn, yah. I just finished booking a trip to Ogden, Utah this morning....haha. I hate when that happens.

I still haven't forgiven the NBA for the Seattle incident though. Ok. City Thunder? WTF is that?

The JO trade was actually pretty good for both teams (which rarely happens) but I just think he's a shell of his former self. Playing with Bosh should help....but it's insane that he's pulling down almost 20 mil per year. His numbers last year were terrible.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Dicktowel.com

their bigs are pretty formidable, though.

bosh
o'neal
bargnani off the bench(good perimeter player)
jamario moon can play
and they picked up roy hibbert, who is strong fundamentally

i seriously think they have a really good roster

not to mention calderon at point and anthony parker(candace's brother) at sg/sf...kapono off the bench for instant 3s
Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 PM

Code:

Maybe or all the players are primadonnas and I prefer college hoops where pride is on the line.

I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Dicktowel.com

im not sure about this, but...

are college players the ones who go on to play in the nba?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:35 PM

Code:

true, but they are playing to get into the NBA and the vast majority of college will not be drafted or considered for the nba. those players are playing for their school and pride.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:14 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 2,743
imnotlistening2u is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

clippers fan here and was very disappointed to hear that Baron may need surgery on his hand that would keep him out for about a month. But a starting lineup of baron, eric gordon (even though I'm not sold on him yet, but cuttino is old as shit), al thornton, camby, and chris caveman is about as solid as we've ever had.

I'll put up my predictions a little bit later when I've got some time to go over the teams, but of course the Clippers are finishing first.