forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 11-14-2011, 06:26 PM
DON'T even think about reading this book. It is full of lies! LIES I SAY!

Credits: 36,424,333
TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.
TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
32 bit

Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,313
chilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aura

32 bit Windows 7 supports, in theory, 4 GB of ram (x86).
It gets mapped down to 3GB due to various reasons, including PCI address space.
(note, they _could_ support 64GB but choose not to, see Windows Server 2008 limit on x86).

None of which explains the slowdowns though. In no particular order, you may want to:
Clear browser cache, disable various browser add-ons.
Erase temp files.
Stop running services you don't need.
Check the system with a different virus/malware scanner.
Defrag the hard disk.
Make sure your disk controller is running in AHCI mode (if you are using SATA drives and have a good AHCI controller).
Format and start fresh (ouch).
Somehow trade in your 32 bit Win7 for 64 bit. (also ouch but you'll get all 6GB of RAM).
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM

Code:

I forgot to mention that this 7 was an upgrade from 32 bit vista, in which I apparently found a workaround for the 4gb limitation. I don't remember how i got around it, but with vista I was running all 6gb with no problems (aside from vista sucking of course). It has been 6 weeks since I upgraded to 7 and friday was the first time I have experienced this problem. Before friday it was using and recognizing all 6gb ram, and I have not upgraded any hardware in some time, at least since I got 7.

Last edited by TheJuice : 11-14-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,313
chilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aura

Maybe some PAE setting on the motherboard or some extender software that leverages PAE.

Does this look familiar at all?
Old 11-14-2011, 07:26 PM

Code:

That does look familiar, and might be similar to how I fixed vista to run more than 4gb. I will give it a shot, but won't hold my breath. if it doesn't work, I am just going to scrap this installation of 7 since I fucked it up in the first place (long story).

thanks.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:36 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 3,775
heywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Installation of Windows 7

Code:

----------------------------------
Try doing this:
1. Grab a "live cd" linux distro and boot the system up with that. Transfer everything over to a jump drive(s) will you get your shit off.
2. Go here and download a certified copy of Windows 7. You will need a Windows 7 license, but I'm not here to show you how to use google.

Code:

3. Burn the ISO to a 4.7gb DVD
4. Make sure your system is set to boot from the CD/DVD drive (in system bios, boot order).
5. Boot the DVD, wipe it clean (format) and install Windows 7 w/ sp1. That little 8mb partition is usually where the hardware provider puts their crap; you can delete it because it'll be geared towards Vista and you're trying to get Windows 7 on it, right?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 3,775
heywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to beholdheywoodjablowme is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Hardware reserved memory

Code:

As per Microsoft
Code:

Hardware reserved memory usually is memory reserved within the BIOS for built-in display adapters. IE: in a desktop with an external video adapter, it'll usually have memory built onto the card so it won't use system memory but laptops usually have video built onto the system board, so require onboard memory. What changed recently? Upgrade your BIOS? You should be able to go into the BIOS and change the amount of memory that system is taking up for video to something like 256mb, and that should reflect what Windows sees. Good luck.

ps: try doing a BIOS update as well.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I perform ILLUSIONS! "Tricks" are what a whore does for money

Credits: 985,109
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.

My laptop isn't reading discs properly anymore. It knows one is there but won't run it. For example I put in a DVD, It spins, the little icon shows up with the film name but it won't play.

Can anyone help? Does it just need to be cleaned?
R.I.P The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobs View Post
Damn you Eccles! *shakes fist*
Nothing I post is mine
Old 11-19-2011, 04:43 PM

Credits: 79,165,467
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:

sounds like it is time to replace the drive.
Have you tried other disks?
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!

Last edited by TheSNakE : 11-19-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I perform ILLUSIONS! "Tricks" are what a whore does for money

Credits: 985,109
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.

Code:

CD's it'll play but not recognise any info. A game it showed was there but said it wasn't.

is there anything I can try before replacing it?
R.I.P The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobs View Post
Damn you Eccles! *shakes fist*
Nothing I post is mine