forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,936
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
the Devils, have been their fan since they were the Colorado Rockies when i was a little kid and continued to like them after they moved.

i have been to an Avs game right behind the bench. they played the Wild it was
jose theodore's first game there
Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 4,470
Nigel_Stompbottom is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Good call on the team.
Brodeur needs to get himself in shape if he wants to surpass and be a better goalie than Roy. It seemed like he is just interested in breaking his records and mailing it in. Not to mention, he is injured all the time now it seems. The Devils are not the biggest player in NHL as they used to be, after losing Stevens, Niedermeyer and Gomez.
Strong franchise tho.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:42 PM

Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

Code:

brodeur is in great shape and has played an average of 78 games a season and the games he misses are only to give a game to make the back up try and earn a reason for being on the team. this is his first big injury where he has missed more than 3 games in a row for his career, he only needs about 15 wins this year to break Roys record. and 8 shutouts to break the record for that.
i am glad that they have learned how to play as a team cuz when they had a back up in net they were for sure to lose. they rely way to much on marty in net to save them, so i hope when he comes back that they keep playing like they are not, puck possession and control not all D and wait for him to make the big save while standing around
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Theres no doubt about it, Marty is the best goalie of our life time. He outshines Roy in every aspect, including class. I hope to Don Cherry that he can take up all the records that Roy had, and thats just because I despise having 33 retired in my home teams rafters.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Code:

to be fair, roy really did most of the best things in his career in Denver, whe cups, the wins, the assault charge from beating his wife, and so forth. did they retire Borque's jersey in Colorado also?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM

Yeah, 77 and 33 are retired in the 303.

And I am not a fan of either being retired. Borque was a Boston legend that came to town in a pre-cap era where you could buy a team. It was pretty much like signing with the Yankees, winning the World Series, then calling it a career.

As far as Roy goes, the man was classless when he was in Denver (I heard stories) and he proves even more that he is classless out of it. Right now, he has about as much credibility as Sean Avery.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Code:

i have to agree with you on both aspects, but a bit different opinion on 77. he was the rental player if there was a definition of it. was looking for his cup and that was the end of it, there is no way that a guy that plays a year with a team should ever have his number retired (unless its 99 and had it retired by the league). 77 should not have had his number put in the rafters.

as for 33 i guess they put numbers up as for what they did on the ice not for how big a prick they were off, cuz i am sure there would be 1/2 as many numbers retired in all the sports (baseball had ty cobb and babe ruth that should not have theirs retired meanwhile some of the black socks guys still should have no matter if they bet on the game, same as pete rose)

and avery is a waste of skin
Old 01-12-2009, 12:32 AM

I will grant you that, we don't hold the players whose numbers we retire in the highest of regards always. Hell, OJ Simspon is in Canton, so there is proof positive that anyone with physical talent can get themselves into the HOF. Borque was a total rental player, which happens in all of the major sports save for the NFL. In the NBA, they dump a player for cap space. MLB, they dump a guy for prospects. NHL, trade deadline is a must to get that push for playoffs.

But, to retire a jersey of a guy that is a good performer and also a public prick, thats just wrong. No one liked Roy and the after-the-fact shit that is coming up is almost a non-surprise.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:41 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,543
thenobody is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Patty Roy

Yeah, ol' number 33 is probably the only goalie in history to turn an on ice tantrum into a trade demand, and then into a bitter rivalry. Kind of a dink, no doubt.

Brodeur, on the other hand, is a class act. I dunno which goalie Nigel is thinking of, but it sure ain't Marty. Last time I checked, it wasn't easy to "mail in" 4 Vezina trophies in the last 5 seasons, much less to do it with smaller pads than most goalies today are using. The guy is an ageless wonder, and when he comes back, the Devils will be a team to be reckoned with.

Any Westerners here? I'm a Flames fan myself.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,543
thenobody is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Hagman?

If anyone watched the Leafs Panthers game tonight, Niklas Hagman scored the prettiest goal of the season.

I'm pretty much in disbelief.