forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,864
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Another forum I use implements a Thank You button that requires folks to click it to see hidden content (links). IF you implement that then you know who is downloading what. For some reason I always liked that, you can track who is appreciating your post, and it could also replace the rep system if folks ultimately don't want it.

I don't mind the "Thank You" and/or "Like" button, or some variation of it.

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Oh, in regards to Usenet files... it's somewhat complicated because certain files are relegated to certain usenet hosts. And some people don't have what is known as "retention". If you're using a basic access account to Usenet, you get maybe 10-20 days of retention, meaning you get access to those files for that long. If you're paying $11 a month or so, you get over 1000 days easily, meaning posts made a couple years ago are still valid.

On top of that, even without an SSL downloading from Usenet is pretty damn secure, but most people don't download form Usenet because they don't know what it is nor do they know how it works. There is a pretty substantial learning curve if you're setting it up yourself. IT took me a few hours to set it up and get the hang of it. I was, however, also setting up scripts known as SickBeard and Couch Potato, which are scripts that will automatical ownload movies and tv shows you want for you, automatically extract them, and rename them how you want (i.e. TV Show Name - SE01E02 - Title of Episode.avi) and alsl place the in the specified folder.

Usenet makes downloading autonomous if you require it to be. Otherwise getitng files individually requires going to indexing sites which operate exactly like a forum. suppose for those without access to those we could bogart the linksand post them here, though I'm not 100% sure if those links only work for others subscribed to the same usenet provider (I'm with one called Supernews)

OH! Also, with Usenet you can download at your full internet speed capabilities. I routinely download shows and movies at 2MB per second. I downloaded all 5 seasons of Mad Men in 720P (over 100GB worth) over night in about 4-5 hours.

Usenet is the titties.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,415
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Goddamnit. Stop being funny! I still can't rep you.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 AM

Credits: 79,157,913
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:

I have threads that get thousands of views a week, and I've gotten rep maybe a half dozen times from it. People are ingrates. No one feels the need to say thank you anymore. Posting is a thankless job. Do it for your own pleasure. Don't expect anyone else to give a shit.

Code:

tl;dr
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM
The Master gives the gift of control. The slave gives the gift of submission. image host

Credits: 12,257,116
Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.
Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.Wood Dragon can't stop predicting to the shindig.

Code:

That is too true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamMeow View Post
I like dick, a lot.
Joe 1961-2012 miss you buddy

Old 06-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Foetus

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

an nzb is an nzb....it will work regardless of which provider you choose, as long as they carry the group hosting the file, and your retention is good enough. most providers are reaching 1000 days retention, and im not sure very many ISPs even provide access to newsgroups anymore (if they do, it sucks).

as for finding files, there are plenty of search engines, and headers to create your own nzbs, so you never even have to use a different site.

Last edited by Foetus : 06-14-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I may not be attractive but... oh nevermind.

Credits: 57,155
Magnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
Magnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorMagnusrex is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Could we get a mobile app for this thing, but android only, none of that pussy apple shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschef View Post
CAN TWINKIE NEED MORE ROIDS HAVE BANG SHORT UGLY TAN BITCH MICHELOB
Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Foetus

Credits: 0 [Check]

also, i think someone asked satan about posting nzbs a couple of years ago. he didnt understand them, and didnt like the idea of having a bunch of posts with attached files. i think
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Code:

There is an app that costs like $2.99 or $1.99 or so called TapaTalk. You have to implement it into the board for it to be used, but it's a pretty slick app that works really well and allows you to browse your favorite message boards, provided they're supported by TapaTalk.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Code:

Good to know. We would have to integrate a new line of downloading for everyone though for it to really be worth a damn. If only a few people use Usenet around here why bother? I think if everyone gave it a shot and realized how life-altering it is in terms of your free downloads, they'd be all over it. Usenet really is my favorite thing ever right now.