forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Have you tried it?
Yes 26 56.52%
No 10 21.74%
Maybe if someone had some at a party 7 15.22%
Hell no I'm to much of a sissy 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2008, 08:54 AM

Credits: 79,162,337
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
really, I thought it was totally illegal. I'm going to have to try that link you posted. I've been looking for good Absinthe for a long time but I am too chicken to order it through the mail.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 AM
....raw doggin' it since 1980!

Credits: 13,842
Choppie is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

The only reason I ended up ordering was because they have that money refund if your shit gets snagged by customs. Sometimes customs invents reasons to snag shit, which basically translates to party time at that asshats house.

Code:

eabsinthe.com

For other hard to find booze...
drinkon.com
Old 06-17-2008, 09:37 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 12,782
howardstern is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

yea, i agree the shit they bring is nothing like they have in europe. went to madrid to visit a friend who was studying abroad. she took me to some shot bar that was literally a whole in the wall, started taking shots and then the bartender offered up absinthe. my friend warned me about it but i decided to go for it. took 5 of them before i felt the effects and the room started spinning but it wasn't the usual 'drunk' spin. it felt like a combo and of getting high and getting buzzed. it had a sort of a licorece after taste and def don't remember anything that night.
Just convert the files you fucking noob.... and no more requests with 1 post or i will ban you

Last edited by howardstern : 06-17-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,628
onemanrace is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Absinthe is god's gift to the spirit world.
Used to drink a lot of it. Went through a bottle a week at one point.

I'd recommend the Café Alex (as we called it):

Make a really good strong cup of espresso.
Pour in 1 or 2 shots of absinthe - don't stir, or mix, just let it settle.
Drink.
Enjoy.

After a few of those, you feel kind of drunk from the ears up.
It was like discovering a whole new way to get drunk.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

The US version is some weak shit called Absente. It's not the real Absinthe.
A lot of people may think they have had Absinthe in the US bars but it was the legal stuff which sucks, i hear.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,628
onemanrace is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Which is one of the reasons I'm glad I live in the UK.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,509
boozindblender will become famous soon enoughboozindblender will become famous soon enough
Default Absinthe

I had it when I was working in Holland a few years ago - the real stuff tastes terrible but can really mess you up.

The stuff they bring over now is really diluted.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:38 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I drank it when visiting Avignon. I have had it both where the sugar cube is set on fire, and where is it is melted with water. I prefer the sugar set on fire and the carmelized sugar dripped into the Absinthe. I still prefer Everclear though.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:42 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 5,104
wrongthorpe is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Absinthe is amazing!!

For the record it is wormwood that had been banned for along time here in the states. It was legalized again in December of 2007. Stay away from the cheap stuff as it is horrible. The way to tell whether you have good stuff or not is based on the hue of the liquor. A quality Absinthe will be brown with just a hint of green. The lower quality the more green and mouthwash the appearance is.
There are 3 main Absinthes on the market in the states right now that have all the real ingredients. You have Lucid that is imported from Spain it has a higher alcohol percentage than any of the current products on the market. There is Kubler which is imported from Switzerland, it is only around $20 wholesale a bottle. Passable but easily the cheapest produced and tasting of the bunch.
Then there is St George which is distilled by the cats out of Alameda California.
By far the best available in the states. It distilled by Hangar One which does an amazing variety of vodkas. The owner spent upwards of $200,00 perfect his recipe. He would distill it, taste it, then pour it down the drain. It retails for around $60 a bottle.
There are two quick ways to properly mix the absinthe. The quick bar method is to put ice and water into a sports top water bottle. Pour your shot of Absinthe into the rocks glass. Place a sugar cube on the Absinthe spoon over the Absinthe and light it on fire. Let it burn for a moment or two, then slowly squirt the iced down water over the top until it fully dissolves into the Absinthe. The other route takes longer but yields a better product. It requires iced water in any kind of container with a slow drip spigot. You slowly open the spigot so it drips over the sugar. takes a couple of minutes,
but is truly delightful. Either method should result in a cloudy appearance to the absinthe.
If you hate black licorice/anise, you will never like Absinthe.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:05 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

"Absinthe can be and occasionally is seized by United States Customs if it appears to be for human consumption and can be seized inside the US with a warrant.

A faux-absinthe liquor called Absente, made with southern wormwood (Artemisia abrotanum) instead of grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium), is sold legally in the United States and does not contain grande wormwood. This was the first US approval referring to "absinthe" on the front label; the front label says "Absinthe Refined" but the TTB classified the product as liqueur."