forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,702
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough
Default Obama

He's right on track to be the worst president ever:
Linky

Snippet
WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.
"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."
The Commander, clearly angered as he emerged from the session said, "This reimbursement plan would be inconsistent with the mandate ' to care for him who shall have borne the battle' given that the United States government sent members of the armed forces into harm's way, and not private insurance companies. I say again that The American Legion does not and will not support any plan that seeks to bill a veteran for treatment of a service connected disability at the very agency that was created to treat the unique need of America's veterans!"
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 PM
That's MR. MillyMc to you!

Credits: 14,501
MillyMc is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

yeah, bc for the last 8 years the VA was treating vets with such respect and without issue.

if i remember correctly, this is part of the plan that would allow troops to receive treatment, specifically for PTSD, outside of VA hospitals and still be covered.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Credits: 0 [Check]

The United States Armed Forces didn't fund his campaign.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 PM

at first i was wondering why this article appeared so biased and didnt really give the full story. yahoo and ap are usually pretty good........then i noticed that this isnt a news story but a press release. sneaky sneaky.

the VA cannot handle every single veteran's medical issues adequately and has been demonstrated the last couple of years. this plan allows vets to get treatment with their doctors and not have to wait months for the VA to half assedly treat them. why not have the family health insu cover the costs?

if a vet has medical issues so bad that they are maxing out their benefits- they can get disability. and im pretty sure the vets are being forced to see outside doctors so those that have self-employed (ie crappy) insu or no insu can still be treated at the VA- and prob with better car bc there will be less demand for the facilities as the health care has been spread out and not all concentrated at the regional VA.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 PM

Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Because then the vet has to pay for it. The private insurance company isn't going to foot the entire bill.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Code:

You know what the funniest thing about this is?

You fucking liberals are all for nationalized health care for everyone; you guys think it's the greatest thing ever. Then, in the same breath you slam the VA and military health care for being shitty (which it is).... what do you think that is? I'll tell you... it's fucking nationalized health care, but only for the military. So tell me, if the military's nationalized/socialized health sucks, what the fuck makes you think that doing the same for the ENTIRE country is going to be any different?

No matter what, socialized health care will be nothing but lowest bidder health care. That's how the fucking government works. I dunno about you, but I don't like the idea of getting out of the military and then being treated by a doctor because his company was the lowest bidder.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 PM

im not THAT familiar with the bill....im sure there is some sort of provision where you cant balance bill the patient like with Tricare (which is only for active military, right?).

whatever issues the American Legion may have, they are misplaced by taking this dishonest angle with the bill. the intent of the move isnt to place burden on the vets, it is to allow them greater and QUCIKERS access to the health care the quickly need (often mental health problems). if all else fails- they can still go to the VA for free.

my allegiances are obvious, and i dont know all the facts, but it is not fair to present this the way you did like democrats arent looking/caring to solve the problems at VA hospitals and the often shoddy care of the vets.

and instead of pointing fingers at democrats about co-pays, why not point fingers at insurance companies that arent willing to do what you pay them for: pay your medical bills. thats the real scam in all of this.

/high horse.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:17 PM

Code:

you rail against nationalized health care......but then rail when obama is looking to insitute a plan that would allow vets to see their own doctors????

and you talk about liberals, but conservatives want to just throw the baby out with the bathwater: "i cant figure out this healthcare things, so screw it, everybody for themselves". we are the greatest country in the world, why cant we figure it out?

my favorite idea is this hybrid plan. some insurances give you a certain amount of money a year to spend and if the doctors go over, they dont get reimbursed. others had a limit but gave a portion of the leftover to the doctor as a bonus for not spending it all. the bonus to the doctor option had the doctors ordering less tests so they could get their bonus and the other plan the doctors were either spending as much as they could to not waste money. why not have the doctor in the dark about which plan the patient has and force them to treat the patient and not on the basis of the insurance plan.

too confusing to go into greater detail, but you get the point- there are ways to give healthcare to everyone without it being socialized.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
AmylikeWHOA! That's what he said

Credits: 327,593
amylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSF

idk too much about this but my opinion is that in america today law abiding tax paying citizens are treated as the lowest forms of life. fuck the military, theres teenaged illegal immagrants who wanna get knocked up over and over again and continue to fuck around like whores, inducing miscarriages over and over again for which they are treated for free bc they dont have social security numbers or legimate jobs so theres no way to track them down after they leave the hospital. fuck all this bleeding heart liberal bullshit and pc crap. its fucking disgusting.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:23 PM
AmylikeWHOA! That's what he said

Credits: 327,593
amylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSFamylikewhoa is loved by the DSF

Code:

they should be allowed to see any doctor they want. fuck my tax dollars going to assholes with federal jobs and their 10 year earlier goverment given retirement plans. i dont wanna go into the military and neither do a lot of other people so we should all be kissing the asses of the people that every fucking day go voluntarily into it. they fight for this country to keep it free and keep our asses away from where we dont wanna be.