forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Haha awesome... a fellow screenwriter. I really suck at writing in general but i excel at screenwiting. Not trying to have a pissing contest bcuz i dont write anymore but one of my screenplays has won 2 festivals.... each time part of the prize was "signing" with an agent which sucked because the agent had control of my script for 1 year. When they couldnt sell it i regained control of it and after the second go-round i got tired of it and was pretty much over it.

It was also reviewed by a national screenwriting author and teacher (Dawn Greenfield Ireland). She gave me a written assesment and said it had the possibility to be the next Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.

I wish i had the internet back then bcuz there are so many resources available now to help out. Classes and talking to other screenwriters are all i had... i had no idea what a "forum" even was haha..

should we start a screenwriting thread?

EDIT - i also have all these rejection letters from the studios. It's amazing to read these because half of them don't even sound like they read past page 10... oh wait, that's usually how it goes. Or a junior agent reads it for "coverage"... ghey
Old 09-02-2009, 02:53 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,958
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Wow, that's awesome. Had no idea. You learn something new every day. I'm not a pro or anything either. My screenplays were written for class, but they were nonetheless full length screenplays that were written basedon the teachings of my professor, Thomas Lakeman, who hasn ow retired from teaching to become a full time novelist as he's had 3 books published (The Shadow Catchers, Chillwater Cove, and Broken Wing). But he was in the movie industry in the 90's and got to know the ins and outs of how the industry works and what they look for in a script and he used this knowledge to teach us, so I consider it to be professional knowledge. So when I use this knowledge to explain why a movie sucks and I get "You're an idiot and you suckj" as a rebuttal from a casual movie goer a to why I'm wrong, I tend to get a little pissed.

MY friend (who also hated the movie I refered to earlier) are filmmaking cronies (we made that film I posted about in the private thread) and we've been working on a full length that we're going ot try and fund ourselves and hopefully try and get a real cast since we know some potentially interested parties. We're just fucking lazy.

I tel lyou what though, watching Entourage is like inspiration extreme. You want to live like this? Get off your ass and write.

If you're still into that stuff, check out http://www.johnaugust.com

He's the guy who wrote "Go" and a bunch of other stuff, mostly some Tim Burton stuff, but he's had that blog for like 7 years and it's rife full of brilliant information and advice. God is it awesome.

That's awesome about your script and shit. Do you have it in digital format? I'd love to read it. We had a writing thread a while ago, I posted a link to my first screenplay in it. It sucks, it was going good and then it was fucking writers block city, and then I had a week to finish it so it was rushed and terrible

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 12,212
GeminiEye is being mentioned in polite conversation

Thoroughly enjoyed

Last edited by GeminiEye : 09-02-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Code:

You can't hotlink from IMP awards, which sucks because they rule... but I see you're referring to Lymelife. I wanted to see that. Luckily a DVDRip was released today

Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,817
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Adventureland

Really enjoyed this flick

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 3,858
DontSnatch is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

fucking win. i swear i get smarter reading rants like this lol
Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

I have it in digital format somewhere. I'm sure it's packed away in some box. I have moved at least 4 times since then so it might take me awhile to find.

I don't even remember any writing thread! I guess we can start another one... i am sure that it will all come back to me even though it has been years.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 12,212
GeminiEye is being mentioned in polite conversation

Great Movie
Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 PM
The Juggernaut Of Ejaculation

Credits: 105,346
Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.
Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.Five Inch Taint says don't you wish your rep was hot like his.

Based on a true story. The story was better than the movie. 3 out of 5.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Code:

http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...ead.php?t=7275

Booya