forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,717
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

I was thinking it was getting late in the day for you to have not made your Mir hate post of the day.

What do you guys think of BigFoot Silva? I saw that he'll be fighting on the live EliteXC card and was curious as to what other people think about him. I haven't seen much of him so I'm pretty much without opinion.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,075
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

silva is a very good fighter. dont be fooled by his performance against ricco. he came into the fight with a partially torn mcl so you cant blame him too much for not looking great(although he did still win). i think elitexc is setting up a title fight against eilers, who is most well known for his hilarious ko loses. silva has all the tools to be a legitimate force. he is a massive man, has very good jiujitsu and a very underrated standup game but his best asset is his incredible speed for a hw. after he embareasses eilers hopefully he'll get set up in the dream hw tourney, assuming they have one, then we'll be able to see just how good he really is.

oh, and he'd kill mir
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,986
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Good point. Mir is fighting Nog b/c there is no one else in the HW division in the UFC. Who else is better? The entire HW division is shitty, and Nog vs. Mir will sell better than Nog vs. Werdum.

Code:

This is the first I've heard of Silva in the DREAM HW tourney. It's actually the first I've heard of the DREAM HW tourney period. I'm intrigued.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 PM

effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Yeah, from what little I saw I thought that he was quite impressive. He fought at Super HW for a while, right? I'd also be interested in finding out how long his contract is with EliteXC. With a couple of wins on his belt, I could see Dana poaching him if the timing was right AND his contract runs out, given the weight issue. God, Ricco just went down to a joke but I loved watching him on Celebrity Rehab
Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Soze: Does your world cease to exist if Mir pulls off a "who'd he have to blow to get that decision" win, or a win in general? Not that I'm hating, I love Mir that comentator, not Mir the fighter
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 PM

Code:

if dana is true to his word then werdum vs nog should have happened because werdum is obviously the better fighter. but it's not like dana has never gone back on his word...
Code:

Code:

they said in the beginning they wanted to do grand prixs in all divisions but nothing much has been said recently. elitexc and dream have a partnership so if/when they decide to do a tourney i'm willing to bet silva would participate
Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Not a Dana Whiite fan eh? Watching fights with you would be interesting Soze. I think we would give each other a lot of shit.

Maybe Elite will send over Kimbo so we can see him get destroyed by a dude like Fujita or Yoshida in the first round of the tourney.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM

I think watching fights with Leroy AND Soze would be pretty sweet. I always know the most out of my boys when it comes to MMA but you guys would pretty much dwarf me when it comes to MMA knowledge. However, it would definitely be pretty fun.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM

Code:

i used to love dana white but now the guy says shit that is so blatantly untrue that it is getting very annoying. he's taking the role of promoter too far

and yes, the dsf mma guys need to get together to watch some fights. we may all end up getting drunk and beatin the piss out of eachother but after that i think we could get along just fine and have a great time!!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:43 PM

Code:

There's a very good chance that I'd try to get drunk & guillotine one of you guys, but I could see it being good times. So, I know you guys are both watching UFC 86 this Saturday, right?