forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 547,334
deadinabottle is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
thanks for the help pen and stromm. unfortunately the drive had failed and i lost a ton of work. i did however order a drobo so that something like this doesnt screw me over with work again.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Sorry to hear it... I was hoping I was wrong thinking that the drive was FUBAR'd. Lemme know how the Drobo works for you.

Last edited by DSF Guest 8 : 09-10-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 7,734
kt2008 is being mentioned in polite conversationkt2008 is being mentioned in polite conversation

i'm running vista and ie,does anyone know why pages don't automatically refresh? example:when i go to this thread tomorrow it will stop at the post above this one and i will have to hit refresh to see whats been posted since
Old 09-12-2008, 04:03 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 23,157
jljones83 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default question

Question:
long story short: my shitty computer has xp pro sp1 installed, and everything needs sp 2 now. i kinda want to d/l a cracked copy of sp2 windows xp pro on torrent, transfer it onto a 2 gig sd card, since the pc has no disc writer, transfer the files to the mac, burn the cd, write the drive to zeros, and install the fresh windows copy.
a. will this work?
b. is there an easier way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyBastard View Post
Jones, I just squealed like a little Bavarian schoolgirl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
JlJones, the wise and imminent sage of cock molding.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,779
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Question:
OK BC has a Maxton 750GB (I think) external hard drive. I'd like to also use it as a place to store a backup of my hard drive. And yes I know to have another back up as well since externals can fail/get damaged etc. If I remember right, it should be plug n play. I can connect it via USB to my PC. I see the drive as one of my removable drives. It's actually labeled MP3 player since I changed the drive label on that drive's display. Got tired of remembering which letter was memory card and which was my USB on the front of my PC.

I don't know what all details you need on my PC. It's an HP Pavillion s7310n with a 200 GB HD. Do you need processor stuff and all? Cuz I don't know off the top of my head. I know I can look it up though.

Anyway...I plug in the external. It shows up, lets me explore it even some. Then BOOM! BSOD. Now, since switching to Vista, I've had no BSODs at all except the time I fucked up and deleted some needed files and had to do a clean install. And since then...none until I hook up the external drive. When I had to do the clean instal, before doing it, the external saved my ass. I was able to use DOS and move my info I wanted to save from my PC to the external thankfully. But moving it from the external back to the PC was a pain thanks to all of the BSODs. And now, I can't even do the backup to the external without seeing blue..then red cuz it annoys me.

Any thoughts? Is it a driver issue? I saw something completely unrelated but similar sounding on a blog I read. The new IPod 8 update causing BSOD with some machines. The blame there was listed as certain HP and Logitech drivers. Or is there some patch, program etc I'd need to install? Or am I just doomed to let BC have that full 750 GB to himself? He's nice enough to share so I thought I'd take him up on the offer since he's usually stingy with his space.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM
kicked the fuck out

Code:

Check this setting...

Tools, Internet options, Browsing History Settings, Check for newer versions of stored pages - set to Automatically.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 AM
kicked the fuck out

Code:

Yes it will work at long as you burn the CD as Windows Compatible not MAC...not really an easier way without a burner unless your PC will boot from USB
Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 AM
kicked the fuck out

Mrs. BC lemme research your prob before answering
Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,779
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'm in no hurry. If you take your time, I don't need to do a backup right away! If you answer me, I have work to do.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,829
Voodoo35 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Simple question....

I have a question.............
I am using a 2GHx Power PC G5.....I have iMovie and made some dvd's by importing photos from iPhoto. I have a new DXG 5.1 mega pixel digital video camera. When I take the video from the camera...the files are .asf. They will not import because Quicktime Pro will not recognize them. I have also imported DVD video, made from a VHS tape....same problem....asf files. What is a good software to convert them to something usable. I am making a sports highlight DVD and have hit a brick wall.
Any help with the question will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.