forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > Stepfather's Own: > I am - Making Myself Famous of the Day

Old 05-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Xenophobia is a hardwired cognitive disposition that is impervious to empirical modification

Credits: 68,467
xeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handle
xeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handle
Default Convert PDF to Excel

Anyone have any recommendations short of buying Adobe Acrobat?

I want to transfer a large batch of data from my old point of sale software to my new software, but the old software will only export to PDF and I can't get into the database. Long story short the new company will do all the transfers for me if I can find a way to convert to Excel.

So this is basically a one time only deal, so i really don't want to buy Adobe Acrobat just for this because i doubt I will use it again. Google gives dozens of options, both online and on the desktop. I think I would prefer something on the desktop since it is such a large file.

Any suggestions? I don't mind paying for it, just didn't particularly want to spend $200.

Lunatic fringe.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 AM
MadamMeow

Credits: 0 [Check]

You can try these. I know nothing about them though.

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Code:

Old 05-28-2013, 01:15 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,003
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

Did you have a contract to use the "old" PoS software which has expired (for whatever reason)? Software companies are not allowed to own the data stored, managed and modified by their software.

I know it's been almost 20 years, but federal law used to require that at the end of licensed use, customer data must be made available in a format able to be imported into another system.

In other words, if the law hasn't been changed, the "old" PoS software provider MUST provide you a means to usably access the data collected through the use of their software.

So I would contact them and ask for a conversion program. I will be shocked if they don't have such.

Or, find out what database format they use.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Xenophobia is a hardwired cognitive disposition that is impervious to empirical modification

Credits: 68,467
xeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handle
xeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handlexeno23 has more rep than you could handle

Code:

I could probably raise hell and get him to allow access, but I'm not sure it worth it. We still have the data, and can use the software to access ti as long as we want, I just don't think the guy will give us the ability to directly access the database. He could probably claim his software could be stolen by a competitor. Also, our other store is going to continue to use it until we are completely set up with the new software, so I want to keep on his good side until we are completely through. I am going to run both programs simultaneously for a year or so so I can still look up customer history, but I want to get the inventory in the new software. A lot of keystrokes to re-enter, you know.

I think I found something that will work. Looks really cheesy (Wondershare - who the fuck calls their stuff Wondershare??) but all they do is conversion utilities and they have good reviews and the test conversion I ran came out perfect. And it is only $19.95 rather than a subscription to an online converter. For $20 I'll take a chance.

Lunatic fringe.