forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: How much do you guys normally tip for ok service?
20% 54 52.43%
15% 23 22.33%
10% 6 5.83%
I don't tip at all 1 0.97%
It depends on the total bill 19 18.45%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 12,771
howardstern is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default how much do you guys tip?

Not sure if you guys read this article in the NYT
HTML Code:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/magazine/12tipping-t.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=why%20tip&st=cse&oref=login
It was about tipping and where it had originated. Now i was wondering how much do you guys normally tip. I personally tip 15% for average service but rarely go down to 10% if its extremely bad service (i.e. douche waiter thinking he can remember the order without writing it down and then forgetting the appetizers). After reading this article i say FUCK the tipping regiment. Its just another way of business passing on the 'savings' to customers by making them pay the difference of the service industry of having a minimum wage of $2.15. I always thought that i should give a little more since they aren't getting paid shit, but i have come to realize that its not my fault that they are getting paid so little. They shouldn't depend on me to make up that difference, but whoever they work for. From NYC taxi's having an option of adding a 30% tip on top of your fare to those tip jars at starbucks this is getting out of hand. We should adopt a european/asian method of having a set price that includes the service without having to 'tip'.

as the great dwight schrutze said "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones."
Just convert the files you fucking noob.... and no more requests with 1 post or i will ban you

Last edited by howardstern : 10-13-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM
chuy es mi homie

Credits: 20,460
carajas will become famous soon enoughcarajas will become famous soon enoughcarajas will become famous soon enough

When it comes to typing, here in L.A., I just double the sales taxes... And I only tip waitresses.
But If I have to wait too long for my order, if you forget something.. no matter how many time you come to refill my drink you're not getting a good tip.. Sorry! take it with the cook for fukin up... ask him for a tip! :
But yeah I agreed with you, everywhere you go now there is a fukin tip-jar.. WTF!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 105,862
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

I normally will max my tip around 20% and then drop it from there on how the service was. If the service sucked I think the tip should reflect that. After all they need to know they did a shitty job.

My wife is a server at a local restaurant so we are pretty well versed in what to tip and what not to tip.

Of course we all can do the job, but we are not. The reason we are eating out is b/c we didn't want to cook at home and we are having someone wait on us. Imagine how shitty service would be if the servers did not work on tips. We would never receive a refill, our food would get to us whenever they felt like delivering it. It would be fucked up chaos.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,813
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'd say 10% is the minimum and that is for someone that totally fucks everything up. the high end would be 25% and that is for places that I go to weekly. I tip them higher because they give me perks like not waiting in line, free drinks, and generally better service

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 10-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Shoot first, ask questions NEVER!

Credits: 284,291
Carlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSFCarlos Spicy Wiener is loved by the DSF

Just depends, If I'm at a bar I usually tip the bartender fat the first time just to make sure he hooks me up later. As with food servers it's usually 15% unless the service was superb. Then I'll tip 30% and then next time I come back they remember me and the service will always be the same.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM

Credits: 79,157,911
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

I always over tip, but I was a bartender and I live in NY. Things are just more expensive here. In China there is no tipping allowed. It feels weird. Especially since the bill for 4 people was sometimes less than $15.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:17 PM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 105,862
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
rice is very cheap!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:37 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 13,649
danieldamone is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I tip a flat $5 when the bill is under $10. Over $10, I do double the tax, add a dollar, then, add or subtract additional dollars based on service.
Navin: I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the end of this coronet, right through here, through these valves, right along this tube, and right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't want to get spit on me.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 291,749
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

not my links. always virus check.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,415
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

I have really hard time giving a shitty tip for one reason; all my siblings waited tables (2 brothers, 1 sister) and my sister in law still does. I've heard lots of stories. The business is the way it is so they depend on your tips whether or not you agree with the system or not. I tip waiters, the pizza guy, and the barber (if I tried to cut my own hair, I'd fuck it up). I have a flat $4 minimum no matter what the bill is and then I go up from there based on 20 to 23% of the total bill.

What really gets me is when I go to the Commissary on base to buy food. They have a tip jar for the bagger. Really? I should tip someone because they bagged my groceries? Fuck off. Because of that, I purposely try to time it so someone else is already in line and then I go through the self-checkout.