forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]
Default Movie Discussion Thread

ITT: Anything about movies. Trailers, reviews, news, pics, behind the scenes info... anything goes.

If you're looking for the "What was the last movie you watched" thread you can find that HERE.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
satan666

I saw this and wanted to post it just in case anybody was thinking of going to see it.

Shamalamdingdong's decisions are ruining his career,
Old 06-30-2010, 09:31 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,865
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

That wasn't his decision, that's just him.

I'm actually having a discussion abnout his terribleness on another forum.

I just don't get how Hollywood can continue giving him work. I decided I hated him as soon as I saw him brand Unbreakable with his name all over it as if I should be impressed that he came up with it just because he came up with the Sixth Sense. He makes one successful movie with a big surprise ending and all of a sudden he can start tossing his name all over the adverts of his films like he's fucking Spielberg? Cocky son of a bitch. "A Steven Spielberg film"? That's a welcoming message, it's a strong selling point because people know he makes quality films. "An M. Night Shamaylan film"? That's a warning. I can't not see that movie fast enough

Sure enough, whatever movie of his that I decided to watch from that point on (Unbreakable, The Village), or stop watching in the middle of it (The Happening), I hated.

Also, and both of these stories are true, M. Night was "inspired"/stole the idea for The Sixth Sense from an episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" about a teenage boy who can't figure out why the girl he likes won't talk to him anymore. It revolves around a ring that never leaves his finger and the shocking twist ending is...you guessed it.

Also, and this is less known, but still true (it was told to me by my screenwriting teacher who worked for the Universal Pictures marketing department in the 90's)... the studio did heavy rewrites on the script, for which he was credited. That's why TSS is the only halfway decent movie he ever made. Every one after that was his own "auteur" creation.

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
satan666

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Well, he keeps making bad decisions is what i meant.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

"The Last Airbender is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented."
- Roger Ebert

"The Last Airbender isn?t that much different from the rest of this summer?s generally dire multiplex fare?from "The A-Team" to "Jonah Hex"... But it is remarkable in one respect: It?s the worst of them."
- The Onion (A.V. Club) Keith Phipps

"A toxic potion that will put children to sleep and kill his (M. Night Shyamalan) career."
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Joe Williams

"This colossal folly, the fiasco of the summer of 2010 ? gives us all a ringside seat at the sight of Mr. ?I See Dead People?s? career gurgling down the drain."
- Orlando Sentinel, Roger Moore

"The problem -- the catastrophe -- of The Last Airbender is not in the conception but the execution. The long-winded explanations and clumsy performances are made worse by graceless effects and a last-minute 3-D conversion that wrecks whatever visual grace or beauty might have been there."
- The New York Times, A.O. Scott

Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Trailer for the remake of "Let The Right One In"

Titled: "Let Me In"

1) It's blasphemy that they are even considering remaking this movie, but...

2) This is a really good trailer

3) I really like Chloe Moretz as a young actress. Her choice of roles has been pretty superb thus far in her career (500 Days of Summer, Kick-Ass, and now this)

4) This movie appears to be a shot-for-shot remake of the original, and I loved the original.

Even though I fucking hate it when Hollywood remakes shit they shouldn't have to remake, this one appears to look as if it will do the original justice. Is it too soon, though? Definitely... but this remake looks really really good, which I suppose you can credit to the source material.

I just hope it doesn't end up sucking a big fat cock so that people aren't leery towards watching the original. The original deserves all the credit it can muster.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Foetus

Code:

i loved the original. not sure why they felt the need to remake it
Old 07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I perform ILLUSIONS! "Tricks" are what a whore does for money

Credits: 982,437
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.

Code:

Because studios don't think Americans read subtitles

Code:

Considering nothing they've done it.

Having seen the original I don't know whether I'll bother to check this one out. Depends on the reviews it gets I suppose
R.I.P The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobs View Post
Damn you Eccles! *shakes fist*
Nothing I post is mine
Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Would you like some making fuck, berzerker!

Credits: 1,644
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

So over the course of the last week I've been watching all 6 of the Star Wars movies in bits during my lunch break at work. What I'm struck with now that I've almost finished A New Hope is how horrible the continuity is between the original movies and those abominations Lucas made to increase his bottom line. A few examples:
1) Obi Wan doesn't remember R2-D2 or C3PO in ANH but does remember to give Luke the lightsaber and that he fought with Anakin in the Clone War.
2) The story he tells of Owen Lars being afraid Luke would follow Ben off on "some damn fool idealistic crusade, like your father" indicates that Owen knew Anakin much better than just babysitting his cougar while Anakin slaughtered Tuskens.
3) Judging by the the film, Luke and Leia appear to be about 20 years old or so. Judging by RotS, Obi Wan appeared to be about 30-35. That means that the Alec Guiness Obi Wan was only about 50-55, but he looked way much older.

There's more, but anyone else?
Breach my ringmeat weirdos.
Always THAT asshole
Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 PM
satan666

Code:

I still haven't even seen the 3 prequels and i doubt i ever will. I have all 3 on blu-ray but i have no clue why.

When the first one came out i was going to see it in the theaters but friends told me it sucked so bad and it was a kid's movie so i never got around to watching it. Then the 2nd one came out and i couldn't see that without seeing the first prequel. Then the 3rd came out and i came to the realization that i have no interest in seeing any of them or else i would have by now.