forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 09-02-2009, 03:12 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,588
styx66 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Bad.

So bad.

But at least it got me to play the game again.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,263
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Usually you seem to be about right with movies but I couldn't disagree more. It is nowhere near that bad at all. I liked it a lot, as did the other 7 or 8 people I went to see it with. I think this could be a case of seeing so many movies you have lost the ability to enjoy something for what it is? It isn't my favourite Tarantino movie, that doesn't automatically make it one of the worst films ever made.

I think that some bits were intended to be longer and certain stories should have been carried out more but overall it was something a bit different. Some of the performances I felt were amazing, such as Christoph Waltz and some of the scenes somehow built tension as I watched better than a lot of 'supposed-to-be-better' films I have seen in a while.

I don't know what you friends did to you while you were watching this movie for you to hate it so much but I walked in to it seeing it as a new film, not as a Tarantino film or a Brad Pitt film or any kind of expectation and it probably made it a lot better. Just watch it as, look at those silly people on that there big screen - ain't that just the darndest thing you ever did saw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator24 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Scots are awesome! They like to yell and drink and fight and make the best Scotch in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foetus View Post
they make pretty cool tape too
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 AM
I know my behavior can be... *erratic* sometimes

Credits: 49,975
Pobs is considered by many to be the illest
Pobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illestPobs is considered by many to be the illest

Code:

You didn't like it then?
You should be so lucky to have Pobs mount you and destroy your mangina with his monster cock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodiemaxx View Post
Pobs= pimp
None of these links are mine.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs?

Credits: 649,847
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle

Enjoyed it a lot.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,991
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Here's why I didn't like it... and I'm gonna use some spoilers here so if anyone doesn't want to know why then they need to fuck off or it's getting ruined for them...

I didn't like it because it was a long, drawn out, anticlimactic piece of shit. This movie was amped to be Brad Pitt and his merry men going around and killing the shit out of nazis. Instead we get Brad Pitt killing nazies for about... what would you say? 20 minutes? 30 minutes? That's about how much Brad Pitt is in this movie.

This movie is not about Brad Pitt or his group of nazi killing soldiers. It's about a woman who plans to exact her revenge on the nazis that killed her family by burning down a theater when a bunch of important nazis are in it. And they spend an hour building up to premier, then a half hour introducing some soliders and Diane Kruger and by the end of that scene i nthe bar you're like "Oh, this is gonna be awesome, shootout in a small german bar fucking yes!!!!!"

And what happens? BOOM BANG POW BANG POW!!!! Over in literally 10 seconds. Thanks Quentin! Thanks for nothing you fuck.

Then you get Brad Pitt talking. Not killing nazis. Talking. A lot. Which is fine, because his character is hilarious, but oyu only get THAT character, the one plastered all over the trailers, the posters, the billboards... you only get THAT one... for like 20-30 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT ABOUT?!?!?!?!?

And then in the end when they kill all the germans in the theater, it's like "Oh, this is gonna be sweet" then it's just fire and Eli Roth and another guy shooting people who are about to die anyways, and that lasts for... 1 1/2 minutes? And then there's no more killing.

You see Brad Pitt and his soliders kill about 15 germans in the entire movie, not counting the open fire on a big crowd. And all this killing takes place in the span of 3-5 minutes.

It's a 2 and a half hour movie that was pitched to the world as a axction packed nazi killfest and it fucking... wasn't. We were an hour and a half through and it felt like we'd been there for 3 hours because we're sitting here watching people talk for fucking 30 minutes onlyt tro get a 30 second payoff for what we just fucking sat through.

It was Death Proof all over again. A movie that had way too much meaningless talking and dialogue for the sake of Quentin Tarantino flashing his dick to everyone on how fucking great he is at writing dialogue. "Hey listen to this, I'm gonna make bad ass dialogue for fucking 30 minutes straight and you're gonna fucking love it".

No Quentin, I don't love it. I don't watch movies for dialogue, I watch them for stories. And the story in this one is about a boring jewish girl exacting revenge on some nazis who happen to be doing it at the same time as Brad Pitt is trying to do it. And the big finish lasts a couple minutes... unlike Death Proof, when it lasted 30 fucking minutes and was one of the most amazing car chase scenes of all time.

We didn't get that here. We didn't get the big fucking war scene to end all war scenes like Quentins past work would dictate, or the trailers would dictate. And in the fucking end, the big evil guy you expect to get his more than antyone else in the film? What does he get? A fucking swastika scar? Awesome. Here's a scar, roll credits.

Fuck Inglourious Basterds. It's a 2 1/2 hour cocktease that feels like 4 hours of meaningless, useless, dialogue that gets you to a big fucking dickslap in the face. It's like riding a rollercoaster up the lift to about 500 feet and expecting the big fall to be thrilling and exciting and fast and awesome, and all it does it drop you about 10 feet, satop immediately and let you take an escalator back down the other 490 feet.

Fuck this fucking piece of shit

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

I have always hated Tarantino movies... only exceptions for me are Res Dogs and Pulp fiction... everything else sucked (although i havent seen Ingl Bstrds).. I never voice this opinion usually bcuz everyone and their mothers thinks he is great

I agreed with Gallow on the dialogue part. Screenwriting 101: universal rule is dialogue should either provide exposition or move the story forward. In the very beginning of the movie you have just a little bit of time to do some not so meaningful dialogue if you really want to.

The opening scene in Res Dogs is a perfect example. They are all sitting around talking about tipping... not the most meaningful dialogue but you are able to get a glimpse of each character's personalityand the dynamic of the group is established. So that scene works with all the dialogue. But SO many of his scenes are him stroking his cock by writing way too much meaningless dialogue.

my .02
Old 09-02-2009, 12:10 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Code:

THANK YOU!!!! Me and my friend had the same discussion. Reservoir Dogs' intro works because you learn all the characters nuances and what makes them tick. The intro to this, while not a particularly bad intro IMO, was still WAY TOO LONG. We get it, the guy is pure evil, move along. It's 2 1/2 hours of Tarantino flexing his dialogue writing cock to the audience and people are eating it up.

Like I give a fucking shit about this annoying German solider and his exploits. Like I give a fucking shit about this stupid bar game these soldiers are playing. Like I give a fucking shit how good the strudel is at this fucking restaurant. Like I give a fucking shit about how good the farmers milk is.

Fucking knock it off, Quentin

Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Would you like some making fuck, berzerker!

Credits: 2,255
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

I just re-watched Natural Born Killers, and although it wasn't as good as the many times I watched it in the OOD hut on base when I was enlisted, it was pretty fucking good. Way better than the only other movie we had in the OOD hut (Over the Top). I finally saw Pulp Fiction a year or so ago and it's one of my favorite Tarantino movies, but in general he doesn't excite me.
-SRD
Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

EXACTLY -- the speil Tarantino gives Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction about how he buys the coffee and he buys it bcuz he likes coffee that tastes good and all that shit.... FUCKING POINTLESS.

there are so many instances of this in his movies.

OH, and if you ever wanna really get shitty on Tarantino i wrote a paper for my screenwriting class (yes, i actually took open admissions continuing education screenwriting classes) in which i had to research him. In doing all this research i found out that he is really the ultimate plagarist. Most all of his major scenes in pulp fiction (and some in other movies) are stolen scenes from various movies. He cobbled them together and filled in the gaps and made it all work together. Around that time he was dating Margaret Cho and she wanted him to work on her show. Instead of wrtiting an original scene for her show he took one of his own scenes and changed it a little to put in her show... like seriously, if he's so creative why couldn't he write a new, original scene for his GF's show??

Well, since then a LOT of people have called him out on this ( i found this out around 1995). So what he started doing is not hiding it but making his films as "homages" to the originals or the genres. Like Foxy Brown. I don't know if Inglorious Basterds is anything near the same as the original but there exists a movie of the same name.

But seeing that you're a film buff i bet you already know all of this...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

I talk on a Cubs forum where they disagree with every movie I like or dislike and when I provide actual excuses as to why I liked or disliked a movie, most of them being related to the actually writing or filmmaking process, they tell me I'm wrong when I know I'm right because I'm not basing these off my personal opinions, I'm basing them off the ins and outs of making a proper movie/script that I learned from teachers and read about from industry professionals.

I too have taken a screenwriting course. 3 of them actually. I've written a couple screenplays, as well as several television pilots. My daily reading involves several screenwriting/filmmaking websites that teach the craft and the business from insiders. And eveyrthing I've read and everything is written is based on one thing... don't let the dialogue draw out too long if there's nothing left to say that's important to the plot.

This shit is there for a reason... because movies are meant to be made that way. They all follow the same formula, and those that don't follow the formula are always the ones with the extremes in opinion where it's either brilliant or terrible. Most arthouse films are this way. That's why the majority of the people who love them are pretentious cocksuckers who think they're better than everyone else.