forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,779
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Kind of a weird sub-topic for one thing mentioned here... do you have any specific FF extensions you can't live without? I always love seeing the ones others use because I am a bit of an extension whore according to some people in my life.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:05 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Alcohol 120% (various editions - black and bloody avail below)

Alcohol 120% has a wizard-based interface that is handy for managing CD images and virtual drives. The program handles most disc image formats, including ISO, Nero, CloneCD, and CDRWIN. Profiles let you save copy settings for audio, game, data, discs. The advanced settings are ummm...limited but still, the functionality of the application is more than offset by any shortcomings.

If you uh *ahem* make backups of you software and say the file created is a .iso, .nrg, .bin, img, etc...Alcohol 120% can burn that image to a CD-ROM or in some cases mount the image as a Virtual CD (although I would Daemon Tools for that).

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
From the vendor:

Alcohol 120%, is a powerful Windows CD and DVD burning software that makes it easy to create backups of DVDs* and CDs. In addition, the program lets you store your most used CDs as images on your computer, so you can call them up at the click of a button.

Home users make backup copies of their game CDs and movie DVDs*, allowing the kids to treat multimedia disks roughly, without destroying their value.

Librarians and school administrators use Alcohol 120% burning software to archive their institutions' collections of recordable media, protecting themselves against the daily wear and tear that damages discs.

Business users use Alcohol 120% burning software to make duplicate backup copies of software titles, ensuring that they will continue to have access to their licensed software, even if their physical CDs become damaged and unusable.

With Alcohol 120% burning software, you no longer have to worry about CDs or DVDs* getting lost, stolen, or damaged. Duplicate discs work just like the originals, and your entire collection can be archived safely.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Credits: 54,967
Thomas Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

Here are two FF extensions that i can't live without.

Super Drag and Go makes browsing super quick. And if you see a link you would like to explore later just drag it to open a new tab and you can come back to it later. Makes MySpacing awesome too.

Extends the power and control of you tab functions!

Let me know what you thought of these!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
kicked the fuck out

I have used those in the past but they do not work on the newest version of FF3. If you can't live without those add-ons do NOT upgrade FF
Old 07-31-2008, 03:44 PM

Thomas Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

Code:

Oh ok. Good tip!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM

What about Yahoo widgets??

I love these things. You can add them on a whim since they don't "install".
They have a million of them for every purpose including games. They can always sit "on top" of all programs so you can always see them (good for stock tickers etc).

Check them out! http://widgets.yahoo.com

I use a couple of them to control my iTunes.

This one is "iTunes Popup". It shows album artwork, song title, and album name.
The one with the little stars is "mini-rate" which allows you to rate your songs.
You can control where they sit and how large they are.

I also use "itunes shortcut" to control my itunes functions with keyboard shortcuts.

There are so many different ones you will get lost with them.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,779
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

One of my fave extensions had a problem being compatible with TMP and I wasn't giving it up for the things I wanted in TMP. I can't remember now which one it is either. TMP would allow me to remove a few separate extensions for a single one. But... that stopped me. I use MR Tech's Tpplkit or whatever the new name is to override max version compatibility (and also added the override to about:config before getting that extension) so the max version issues don't bother me too much.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:37 AM
kicked the fuck out

Tweak VI

Unlike other tweaking utilities, TweakVI bundles lots of different utilities in one. It was developed to combine both tuning and optimizing features to increase the speed of your Windows Vista system. It's the worlds first software for Windows Vista to combine both customization, tweaking and optimization features.

TweakVI tunes Windows registry settings only - it does not touch your hardware at all. It does not over clock or change your physical hardware and/or driver settings. So it CANNOT damage your systems hardware.

Activate hundreds of hidden Windows Vista settings
clean your registry
activate system and software restrictions
display detailed system information
create a 256 MB RAM drive
protect your privacy
clean your hard drive
manage TrueType fonts
improve your internet connection
optimize your CPU
optimize your RAM
manage system updates, and much more ...
you can even transfer your tweaks and settings to other machines!

The basic version is free. Get the advanced version instead

Code:

Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
chuy es mi homie

Credits: 20,465
carajas will become famous soon enoughcarajas will become famous soon enoughcarajas will become famous soon enough

Hi, pendragon
I've been having a problem with WinRar (I'm using the 3.71 version-I got it from the Apps thread)
For example: I downloaded TuneUp Utilities version 7.0.8004 (thank you by the way)... winrar opens the window when it finish donwloading, and when I try to drag the two files to my desktop it gives an error message:
Tune[1].rar: No Files to extract

What I've been doing is, I save the file to my desktop and I use PowerArchiver to open, it opens fine and I could drag the files to my desktop without a problem... but now my free 30-day trial is up.. and I keep geting that annoying message that I shouldbuy buy...:

It doesn't do this everytime, I noticed it only happns when I try to drag .exe files... any ideas what's wrong.

I know that I could just keep powerachiver to open files when winrar can't, but I would prefer to keep only one compression program, winrar..

Thanks in advance
Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 PM
kicked the fuck out

Code:

I uninstalled my version of Winrar and Tuneup. Re-downloaded and installed the versions I have posted and installed with problems. I also verified it on clean laptop I keep for testing.

Get the corporate version of winrar in this thread and see if that solves your problem. The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is a conflict with powerarchiver. I have never used that program so I am just guessing here.

Also try making a temp folder on your desktop and drag the files to the temp folder.
Closed Thread