forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Foetus

Credits: 0 [Check]
Default Studio Plots Downfall of Hitler Meme on YouTube

Studio Plots Downfall of Hitler Meme on YouTube

'Hitler Reacts to...' -- that patron saint of YouTube memes -- seems to be on its way out. The clips, which dub a scene from the 2004 German-language film 'Downfall,' are being rapidly pulled by Constantin Films, which is claiming copyright infringement.

The film features Hitler (portrayed by Bruno Ganz), ensconced in his bunker, learning he cannot win the war. The viral video versions tweak the subtitles to have Hitler reacting explosively to current events, both mundane and massive, including Michael Jackson's death, Kanye West's VMAs incident and the Hollywood adaptation of 'Twilight.' All have been major YouTube hits.

"Earlier today, someone attempted to upload a new version surrounding the massive iPhone 4G news. Unfortunately, as you can see on YouTube, that video has already been removed," TechCrunch reported yesterday. The New York Times covered the phenomenon in 2008, estimating more than 100 instances of the Hitler meme.

"We as a corporation have a bit of an ambivalent view of it," Martin Moszkowicz, an executive at Constantin Film, told the BBC. "On the one hand, we are proud the picture has such a huge fan base and that people are using it for parody. On the other hand, we are trying to protect the artists."

It's that "protecting the artists" vagary that has Constantin Films attempting to remove all the clips. "It is a task that can never be completed. They are popping up whenever we are taking one down," Moszkowicz said.

'Downfall' director Oliver Hirschbiegel expressed an opposing view in an interview with New York magazine's Vulture: "Someone sends me the links every time there's a new one. I think I've seen about 145 of them! Many times the lines are so funny, I laugh out loud, and I'm laughing about the scene that I staged myself! You couldn't get a better compliment as a director. I think it's only fair if now it's taken as part of our history, and used for whatever purposes people like."

"Killing 'Hitler Reacts' has to be the worst decision in movie-making history since someone gave Rob Schneider a job," says Nick Douglas, senior editor at our viral-minded partner Urlesque. "Before, there was this film called 'Downfall' that a few American film and history buffs knew. After the 'Downfall' parodies, there was a whole new audience. I'm tempted to say it's because Old Media doesn't get it -- but I think it's more nuanced. By now, most studios and labels sort of 'get' what's going on -- they just want more control."

Douglas also wonders if the videos' creators may be able to defend their mash-ups as protected works of parody. The Supreme Court defines parody as "the use of some elements of a prior author's composition to create a new one that, at least in part, comments on that author's works," Douglas points out. "Seems like the 'Downfall' parodies fit that description. They make comparisons between an important historical event as interpreted by the film and much sillier modern events. But who's going to fight a court battle over a YouTube clip?"
Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs?

Credits: 671,351
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle
Default Toilet paper wipes out 27,000 trees a day

Toilet paper wipes out 27,000 trees a day

Worldwide, the equivalent of almost 270,000 trees is either flushed or dumped in landfills every day and roughly 10 percent of that total is attributable to toilet paper, according to the latest issue of World Watch magazine.

"Meanwhile, growing populations, adoption of Western lifestyles, and sanitation improvements in developing countries are driving the increased use of toilet paper," the magazine added. "The result is that forests in both the global North and South are under assault by paper companies competing to fill consumer demand."

"Steadily increasing demand for toilet paper in developing countries is a critical factor in the impact that toilet paper manufacturer have on forests around the world," says author Noelle Robbins in a Worldwatch Institute news release. "And with the increasing pressure to reduce and discontinue the use of old growth forests, the move is on to tree plantations."

But according to Robbins, this cure could be worse than the disease, Worldwatch said.

"While the paper industry often touts plantations as the solution to creating an ongoing supply of virgin pulp and fiber, these monocultures often displace indigenous plant and animal life, require tremendous amounts of chemical pesticides and fertilizers, and soak up large quantities of water.

"While some toilet paper manufacturers rely on forests, others turn to trash cans for their raw materials.

"Advocates of recycled toilet paper point out that converting virgin pulp to toilet paper requires more water than recycled paper and makes use of the tons of already used paper that fills landfills. Various estimates place the quantity of waste paper tossed into U.S. dumps and landfills at 35-40 percent of total landfilled mass."

"Toilet tissue, whether manufactured from virgin pulp or recycled paper, will continue to be an important part of daily life in Western countries and in developing countries emphasizing improved sanitation to mitigate health concerns," Robbins said.

"Education of consumers; improvements in quality, pricing, and marketing recycled products; and willingness to consider toilet paper alternatives such as water for cleansing must be pursued to meet the needs of a growing global population."
Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Foetus

Credits: 0 [Check]

Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Would you like some making fuck, berzerker!

Credits: 3,813
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Didn't read this, but the headline is priceless, toilet paper "wipes out" trees.
Breach my ringmeat weirdos.
Always THAT asshole
Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,347
underweardog is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Wow! Having a clean ass is a western concept!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
gimmebeer or gimmepussy

Credits: 191,167
gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.
gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.
Default Norsk Hydro buys Vale's aluminium business

Code:

Norwegian aluminium producer Norsk Hydro has agreed to buy a majority stake in the aluminium operations of Brazilian miner Vale.

The deal is valued at $4.9bn with Vale receiving $1.1bn in cash and a 22% stake in Norsk.

The Norwegian firm said the deal would improve competitiveness by securing access to bauxite and alumina.

About 3,600 Vale employees will be transferred to Norsk, which already employs 19,000 people in 40 countries.

Vale is the world's third largest coal mining company.

As part of the deal, Norsk will buy Vale's 60% stake in the world's third-biggest bauxite mine, Paragominas, Brazil.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 PM
DSF is how I roll, bitches !!

Credits: 106,513
dice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handle
dice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handle

Code:

There's 2 lucky guys in this video... The arrested guy is fucking lucky that she was nice enough to come forward instead of saying "oh fucking well"... The second lucky dude is the fucking jabroni sitting next to her as her boyfriend .

Also, this video seems to pose as advertising for her career just as much as being a news story lol

Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 PM
DSF is how I roll, bitches !!

Credits: 106,513
dice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handle
dice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handledice1883 has more rep than you could handle
Default Phillies Fan Tasered After Running Onto Field

I think this is the most ridiculous use of the taser that I've heard... He ran onto the fucking field... Tackle his ass and then let the game keep going... He doesn't look dangerous, he just looks retarded...

This could go in the sports thread or the thread but I figured to put it here...

(Video and picture of said tasering is at the bottom )

==============================================

Phillies fan tasered after running onto field

PHILADELPHIA ? A police officer used a Taser gun to apprehend a fan who ran onto the field during a Phillies game Monday night, and the team and the police are investigating whether it was an appropriate use of force.

The fan, wearing a baseball cap, red T-shirt and khaki shorts, hopped a fence and scurried around the outfield, eluding two security officers in the bottom of the eighth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals. One officer used a Taser and the fan went down in a heap. Several Phillies placed gloves over their faces and appeared to be stifling laughter at the wild scene.

Phillies spokeswomen Bonnie Clark said the police department is investigating the matter and discussing with the team whether using the stun gun was appropriate.

Police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore told The Philadelphia Inquirer police internal affairs will open an investigation to determine if the firing "was proper use of the equipment."

Vanore was not made available to The Associated Press when a call was placed to the police department's public affairs office late Monday night.

The teams said it's the first time a Taser has been used by police to apprehend a spectator who ran onto the field.

The fan was 17-year-old male and he will be charged with criminal trespass and related offenses, the team said. The Phillies did not release his name because he is a juvenile.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Credits: 79,201,752
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:

Lupe Fuentes, yummy. http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...&postcount=124. Jo posted some pics. Can't find any more on the forum.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I kill grownups for fun but for a lollipop, I'm gonna carve him up real nice

Credits: 553,164
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

Code:

Maybe it's the neck tattoo that makes you want to be married to a chick who fucks dudes on film for money.