forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I am Jack's wasted life.

Credits: 17,613
Marie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Airlines work out an average weight, per person, which must be calculated into their flight plan because it effects airspeed, climbing and descent and travel time. The overall weight of a plane effects how much jet fuel it uses per minute (measured in lbs, not gallons, a 150 seater plane uses around 600 lbs per minute, in case anyone is wondering...a flight from JFK to LAX uses about 40 000lbs of jet fuel). And all this during a fuel crisis...haha.

Why don't you get a discount due to morbidly obese people as you call them?

Well lets say you choose to to bring the maximum allow to checked large suitcases (weighing the max of 50 lbs each, so you don't get charged extra for them), as well as the maximum of 2 carry on items, we'll say weighing 30 lbs each, plus your own body weight which we will use 180 ilbs for this. That equals 340lbs, not fat, but pretty fucking hefty.

Now lets say some fatass is a computer programmer who weighs 320, as has 1 carry on bag, weighing 20 lbs, cause he's only going on a business trip for a day to fix some network, and then flying back.

In this case, you guys both "weigh" the same.

My point is, airports are already tied up with terrorism bullshit, long waiting lines, annoyed customers, and delayed planes etc etc. As of now, this isn't as big a problem as you may deem it to be. The last time you rode a plane, how many MORBIDLY OBESE people were actually ON the plane?? Seriously? How many did you count?? 2? Maybe 3?

So sit down, watch your movie, eat your peanuts, and appreiciate the fact that your travelling across country in a few hours, while people in India still walk two days to go to the doctor.

PMs, no emails.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 64,343
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

^^^you're AWESOME

about a man and his horse
Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive... even with my military discount

Credits: 6,189
idahotransplant is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Sorry, we'll no longer be serving peanuts on this flight. Too many allergic people can't be responsible enough to know they can't eat them or die. Enjoy your nice pretzels.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:15 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,815
retlok is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I don't remember which airline I flew recently, but they had stopped serving peanuts for that reason exactly. I'm not sure if you knew this or were being sarcastic, but I wanted to verify it anyway.

I think it was North West, because that airline sucks balls.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:21 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive... even with my military discount

Credits: 6,189
idahotransplant is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I knew they stopped. I've flown a bit in the last few years. Some airlines don't do peanuts at all, some still do.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Has been Kicked the Fuck out!

Jan and Scott is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

You don't have to be a "rocket surgeon" to realise that the heavier the aircraft is, the more power is needed to get it into the air.

From NASA..

There are four forces that act on an aircraft in flight: lift, weight, thrust, and drag. Forces are vector quantities having both a magnitude and a direction. The motion of the aircraft through the air depends on the relative magnitude and direction of the various forces. The weight of an airplane is determined by the size and materials used in the airplane's construction and on the payload and fuel that the airplane carries. The weight is always directed towards the center of the earth. The thrust is determined by the size and type of propulsion system used on the airplane and on the throttle setting selected by the pilot. Thrust is normally directed forward along the center-line of the aircraft. Lift and drag are aerodynamic forces that depend on the shape and size of the aircraft, air conditions, and the flight velocity. Lift is directed perpendicular to the flight path and drag is directed along the flight path.

Just as the lift to drag ratio is an efficiency parameter for total aircraft aerodynamics, the thrust to weight ratio is an efficiency factor for total aircraft propulsion. From Newton's second law of motion for constant mass, force F is equal to mass m times acceleration a:

F = m * a

If we consider a horizontal acceleration and neglect the drag the net external force is the thrust F. From the Newtonian weight equation:

W = m * g

where W is the weight and g is the gravitational constant equal to 32.2 ft/sec^s in English units and 9.8 m/sec^s in metric units. Solving for the mass:

m = W / g

and substituting in the force equation:

F = W * a / g

F / W = a / g

F/W is the thrust to weight ratio and it is directly proportional to the acceleration of the aircraft. An aircraft with a high thrust to weight ratio has high acceleration. For most flight conditions, an aircraft with a high thrust to weight ratio will also have a high value of excess thrust. High excess thrust results in a high rate of climb. If the thrust to weight ratio is greater than one and the drag is small, the aircraft can accelerate straight up like a rocket. Similarly, rockets must develop thrust greater than the weight of the rocket in order to lift off .

NOTE: We must be very careful when using data concerning the thrust to weight ratio. Because airframes and engines are produced by different manufacturers and the same engine can go into different airframes, the thrust to weight ratio of the engine alone is often described in the literature. High thrust to weight is an indication of the thrust efficiency of the engine. But when determining aircraft performance, the important factor is the thrust to weight of the aircraft, not just the engine alone. Another problem occurs because the thrust of an engine decreases with altitude while the weight remains constant. Thrust to weight ratios for engines are often quoted at sea level static conditions, which give the maximum value that the engine will produce.

Editor: Tom Benson
NASA Official: Tom Benson
Last Updated: Mar 14 2006
+ Contact Glenn
Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 37,073
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:

Rocket surgeon? Hey Einstein, I believe the term there is rocket scientist. But hey, thanks for the lesson in aeronautics.

Marie-Eve is right.

Last edited by Striker : 05-29-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Typos galore
Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 2,295
doubledip is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Probably the most annoying post I've EVER seen...EPIC FAIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_dile View Post
He is absolutely adorable.... I agree with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. cellany View Post
I'll third that- way adorable. I told him months ago he's totally my type.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,779
admiral is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I had a friend who is allergic to peanuts. It is so bad for some people that even being around them is bad.
His college roommates played a joke on him by leaving an open jar of peanut butter under his bed one night and he almost had to go to the Emergency Room.

Peanuts can mess people up.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Has been Kicked the Fuck out!

Jan and Scott is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Errrrrrr...it's a joke.
A cross between two expressions..."rocket scientist" and "brain surgeon".

Humour pills are on sale this week at Safeway..aisle 6, near the toilet paper.
Good luck.
Closed Thread