forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Help a brother out!

Last edited by satan666 : 03-22-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: changed "bother" to "brother" (spelling's not my strong suite)
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 PM

Credits: 79,175,651
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

This is what I would do. Format both drives again. Sorry, Unplug the slave drive. Make sure all jumpers and cables are correctly installed. Format the only remaining drive which should be C now if bios and jumpers are correct. Install on C, make sure everything works, then connect the slave drive.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:57 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 42,091
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I'm borrowing a friends XP disc, if this one doesn't work then I might do that.

What sucks is that it seems I can fix it by entering the XP Recovery System, which is found on the XP install disc. Apparently when you boot from the disc it brings up a welcome menu opting to enter recovery mode.

It does not do this, it takes me straight to a list of drives to install windows from. Seeing as how I have two of them, perhaps unplugging one of them and checking the cables to ensure they are connected properly is the way to go. Perhaps it will not bring that menu up, I don't know. Either way, it's fucking annoying, and I need my computer back STAT. I have a website I need to build for a client starting tomorrow and some videos that need a little editing still.

This could not have happened at a worse time, lol

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM

I wouldn't take any chances. You already have problems and you just installed. Who knows what might come up in the future. I found it is better to format and reinstall than spend the hours it takes to fix the problem. You are still going to take just as long doing a repair with the XP disk. Just format and do the cable thing. This way everything is perfect from the beginning. Don't be lazy
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Hail, too the King!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

I HAVE A COMPUTER AGAIN! AND GUESS WHAT FIXED IT!?!?!?!

FUCKING UBUNTU BITCHES

I spent two days running windows recoveries, reinstalls, bios modifications, fucking usb boot disks, home made programing remedies and not a fucking one of them worked.

So I put Ubunu on my USB disk and put it in the computer and booted from it and guess what, NO FUCKING PROBLEMS.

Started up lickity split, instaled with no issues, and now I have a computer again. Granted it probably can't fun the programs I need it to, but it will get the job done for now. Sweet fucking christ I'm glad it's over for now.

Ubuntu, btw, is fucking sick.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Foetus

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
even though you already got this sorted....

im not sure if this is your issue, but im pretty sure you cant use an XP Home disc to repair an XP PRO installation (and vice versa), maybe thats what your issue was here.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:19 PM

If you formatted and reinstalled like I said it would have taken you 2 hours instead of 2 weeks.
Quote:
Hail, too the King!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
gimmebeer or gimmepussy

Credits: 190,303
gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.
gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.gimmebeer is the king of your castle.

yeah, format + install should be the 1st thing to do (assuming you have a proper backup). it is usually the least painful solution

Old 03-24-2010, 03:34 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

you guys do realize I did that like 15 times right? Thats all I was doing, reformatting and reinstalling. For two days, in a dozen different varieties of ways.

You guys also realize that reformatting and reinstalling is what causd this big fucking problem in the first place, right?