forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,184
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Anyone think Yves Lavigne might be done with the UFC? I just watched the Nover-Bradley fight and after the controversy of the Sell-Brown fight a couple of months ago, you gotta wonder.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:30 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,078
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
rampage is just a slightly stronger, dumber, poorer game planning version of rashad. i put the over/under line of punches he lands at 4 and i'm seriously thinking about talking the under...

and enough of all this machida bs, the real mma superstar is fighting tonight, jose motherfucking canseco baby!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,078
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

you know prior to the near murder of drago i would have probably said that yves was the second best ref in the ufc behind herb dean and i'm sure he'll stick around but man, those are two pretty big fuck ups.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,500
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

That Nover one was tough, cause he did go limp and pancaked pretty hard quick - but yeah, it's looking like his tendency is toward a quick stoppage trigger. And Bradley kinda screwed it a bit by dragging Yves and continuing to strike. The correct thing for Bradley to do was immediately stop, then file a protest if he was not awarded the TKO right there. The fact they were stood up after Bradley finally stopped is the greatest problem, cause Yves pulled off Bradley when he continued to throw and Nover showed lfe.
Reffing is an incredibly tough job to begin with, and the only reason I'd stick with him is the experience level - he's seen alot, and this one wasn't as clearly an error as Sell IMO.
Plus, if UFC's gonna break into NY, France, Germany, etc. it's gotta edge toward caution - so this would go into the highlite reel toward that.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Code:

I'm willing to give him more leeway on this one than the Sell fight. Nover did take a couple of big punches and did go limp for a split second. If you're going to fuck up as a ref, I'd rather see it be an early stoppage than standing there with your thumb in your ass while a guy gets his head caved in.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 PM

Code:

I've been thinking about taking a nap and waking up to watch it live. It's just better.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:17 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,547
jm11324 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, the UFC does not hire or choose the refs. They are assigned and paid by the state or country's athletic commission.

Dana White clearly dislikes Steve Mazagatti, and has said he's not a good ref, but Dana has no say in whether Steve or Yves works in a UFC fight.

Yves should stick around just because of the brownie points he won doing this:

Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 PM

Code:

I know the athletic commission chooses the refs, but there is no way Zuffa can't lean on the commission if they really don't want a guy.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,500
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

All that aside, if Dana wanted him gone/barred from Zuffa events... it's done.
Boxing's been through this for decades. Coming from a guy who lost 3 to TKO in serious amateurs, which is a motherfucker, I know even at that level manipulation of the refs assignments occurs.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,825
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

machida will hammer Rampages front leg...i think someone needs to take him down and see where that goes...

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...