forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,753
execution_style9 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Randal I totally agree. I have been a little bit upset that so much blame has been given to Silva, he freaking blusted up Leites with limited chances, and was throwing combinations with evil intent. Plus he is a counter-fighter! At least to get stuff going, then Silva begins really initiating the action. Leites started dropping to his guard because he knew if Anderson got the Muay Thai clinch, or even just land a 3+ combo, then Leites was going to drop. That fight's lack of action was totally Leites fault, and they need to look into that yellow card system that Pride FC had. Take away money if someone stalls, I bet that would discourage it better than anything else.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,517
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

^^^ +1
Silva owned him, and had no incentive to risk.
I like the yellow cards - save many a fight back then, and still in K-1.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,213
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've never been a fan of yellow cards. I think the ref should warn a fighter for trying to avoid the fight then start taking points or just DQ them. I don't care if a fighter doesn't want to engage, it's when a guy intentionally falls down when the other guy comes at him that annoys me. At least try to pull guard.

That was a matchup that could have easily been the 2nd or 3rd fight on a good PPV or a headliner on a free card. Fuck it though, I got about what I expected from that card so I can't really complain about spending the money.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,826
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I understand Silva is a counter puncher and was following his strategy (which worked and he won), but dont you guys think Thales knew Silva is a counter puncher and hence was trying to draw the fight out as long as possible and look for the submission. I dont see any other way he could have won. I guess the UFC needs to foresee this happening with clashing fighting styles. Silva needs to be against an aggressive fighter for him to get the knockout fans crave. I am mainly bitching because this has happened twice and evans v machida has the potential to be a point battle as well. As Randal said I shouldn't complain since I spent the money...

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 04-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Credits: 8,753
execution_style9 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Randal - I am fine with points being taken away, or the yellow card system, just something to discourage the fighter from avoiding action.

TLock - I think that all of the blame should be put on Leites. Silva went after him numerous times, only to be thwarted by Leites dropping to his back like a bitch. As far as the Silva vs. Cote fight (where you said that "this has happened twice"), that is again unfair to Silva. He pushed the action against Cote, kicked him several times in the first round (including a couple to the legs - that might have contributed to the injury later), and even bloodied Cote up with a knee to the face - all in the first round. In the second, Silva once again landed more kicks, and did a little damage on the ground while in Cote's guard. That was another one of Silva's opponents who did not want to fight the Spider. I certainly think you have the right to complain - because you did buy the fight - but I think your criticism should be aimed at the guy who avoided action.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,213
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
It's not necessarily a style thing. Leites didn't belong in that fight. He wasn't on the same level, that's why his only chance was to do exactly what he did. They needed a MW title fight and he was the easiest sell at the time so they sold it and people bought it.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 18,011
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

just watching tna and bobby lashley showed up at the end of the program. wonder if its for an extended amount of time or just back in wrestling for a bit
Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 6,388
lefthandblack is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default different styles meet

Remember UFC 1?
Win, give up or get knocked out!

In those days it was really interesting when different styles met. Nowdays it's as if MMA means a new style of it's own. But it doesn't, does it? True MMA means adapting to new fights/fighters by using different strategy every time. Chuck Liddell has one strategy only. That doesn't make any champs. Silva has proved he can handle the best jitsu-guys (well, apart from the Jews, then...)

Yes, what we need is Brock Lesnar do lose some weight, so HE can punch Silva out...
Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 6,388
lefthandblack is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

btw, have you seen the new TYSON movie?

There's a guy who never kept his hand up. He punched guys out before they even began fighting back. It worked for awhile though.

Great movie btw. Tyson actually seems INTELLIGENT. Analyzing his career and life.
See it.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:34 AM

Credits: 8,078
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

yes, it was awesome

Code:

lol, what?

tyson was known for his defensive abilities. outside of being batshit crazy he was damn near the perfect fighter