forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 107,331
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

Throw the hole damn unit away and go get yourself a Mac....
Old 10-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,646
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Thats what I do. Also you might want to try to write a new master boot record. Its done the trick a few times. Usually this is a symptom of an impended hard drive fail.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:44 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,063
Marcusrab is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Hmm..

You are in a bad way.. I, however, see this quite often.. I run a helpdesk so there are allllllwwaaays people's PC's crashing.. this one is kind of hit and miss..

the first thing I do is get a copy of GWSCAN (it is incorporated into UBCD)

Code:

Download that.. the goto hard-drive tools, i believe it is f2, then go over in the screens till you see GWSCAN.. use the highest version.

Do a extended test.. this will do a couple things for you, it will repair the hard-drive and also, tell you the status of the hard-drive after it repairs (write errors fixed, read errors fixed, ETC)

If that finds no errors.. you can do kind of what the other guy suggested.. but a little different.. windows gives you the option to delete JUST the windows directory.. now, granted, this wipes the registry.. and you *will* have to re-install your programs, you lose no data (Desktop, Internet favorites, My documents, ETC) and it deletes ONLY the windows directory.. so if you have previous backups.. or you use a software like turbotax or the like.. which puts past returns and what not on your system, you wont lose them..

Anyways, if it comes down to it, and this is the final straw.. to do this install you start your windows install as normal (Put disc in drive, change boot order, etc).. get inside the install.. hit enter to continue.. f8 to accept the agreement.. that all goes on.. it will say you know, there is already a windows version installed.. hit escape to "not repair".. pick your partition.. typically C:, it will again complain there is a windows install there.. hit C to continue..

STOP:

This is the important part..

you want to pick

Leave the current file system intact

After this.. it will say that \windows already exists....

Hit L.. this will delete ONLY the windows folder and will leave *ALL* other folders intact.

AS ALWAYS.. I suggest making a backup before dicking around with annny file system work.. but, if you don't have this option.. i routinely do this without problems.

The only thing you might run into is that it might, upon bootup, register 2 versions of windows.. and make you pick before you login to windows..

If this happens, this is also a very easy fix, It just involves editing one txt file.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to PM me any q's or anything..

Marcus
Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 PM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 107,331
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

Code:

NOW how are they suppose to follow these directions and still work on their system? how do you keep a window open??? LOL
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM

Credits: 2,063
Marcusrab is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default uhm..

I suppose he could print the directions :-)

or if he's feeling old school.. write them down.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:01 PM

Credits: 522
TheDrunkElf is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Thumbs up

Code:

Just throw this out there.. from the download page..:

Dear User,

due to massive leeching abuse (and DoS attempts) I feel forced to
use this redirection page for the download of the UBCD.

Please click on the following link to download:
Code:

Feel free to link my mirror on your website.

Cheers
~Harry
haraldkraft.de

Note: This is a genuine redirection page by the owner of this website/server.
It is not caused by the current DNS problems.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 10,895
adhesivestp is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

hey guys , i appreciate all the suggestions. I'm finally free this weekend to fnally really look at my computer. As of now I did try another hardrive and i still get the same error. I've also tried booting both with windows server 2000. But it ends up going blue screen. So maybe its just hardware? Could maybe my network card or some other hardware be causing the problem?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,056
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Number one cause of a BSOD is bad RAM. First, note which sticks are in which slots, then take out all the RAM and put it back in in the same place. Or take them out one at a time and reseat them. Don't just push on them and assume they are being reseated. Make sure the clips swing fully into position. Boot up and see what happens. I can't count how many times RAM has worked itself loose.

If that doesn't work Take out all the RAM and put the "last" stick in the first slot. Don't put any other RAM in unless your system requires 2 sticks to work. The objective is to reverse the sticks in case some are bad. I've seen the first stick bad, but the others OK many times. Boot up and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, use the next stick by itself.

You could also get us the BSOD code (top line on the screen) as it'll help us figure out what hardware is flaky.
Closed Thread