forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 AM

Credits: 79,200,527
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
That's an option:-)
So far pretty much 99.999% of the files I put on my drive have played in my WD Live.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:25 AM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

That's really good to know. Yeah, and let the receiver do the DTS decoding... makes sense.... that is if your receiver has that capability. It's good they didn't add the DTS decoding in the WDTV, that way it keeps cost down.

thanks GF!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
This "love" intrigues me. Teach me to fake it.

Credits: 9,174
mooster will become famous soon enoughmooster will become famous soon enough

Code:

Code:

Code:

http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...&postcount=112

http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...&postcount=113

Boom! Easy as popcorn!

I usually only DL HD movies/shows so I use this on almost every one of them. (Thats why I try to highlight DTS or AC3 in the NFO when I post an HD movie)

You know you loved this post. Click the scales on top and give me some rep.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
satan666

Code:

Yeah but converting is just another extra step that becomes a pain in the ass unless you DL a few movies here and there. Wouldn't it be easier to find a source file that already has DTS?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:22 PM
This "love" intrigues me. Teach me to fake it.

Credits: 9,174
mooster will become famous soon enoughmooster will become famous soon enough

Oh it's definitely a pain in the ass. The way I'm set up now (WDTV right into TV via HDMI) I need AC3 audio for it to work right. I usually try to find just 720p video and AC3 audio so it works right without changing too much. If it's a movie I want in good quality, I'll try to find it in DTS audio and then convert it to AC3 for quick watching. But I'll keep the DTS in the container so that it will still sound good when it's run thru a HT system.

I highlight it so if someone is using the same set-up that I am, they know if they have to convert it or not.

Does that make sense, because I'm confused now...

You know you loved this post. Click the scales on top and give me some rep.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 AM

So I was just thinking how I would post in this thread how much I am loving my WD Live again. I filled a 1.5 tb WD hd with over 1 tb of movies and TV shows which took hours. Then last night I got that color wheel spinning and it never stopped. Hook the drive up to my computer and it works fine. But the WD does not recognize it. Now I am sitting around waiting for this. I'm gonna be so pissed if this drive is shot.

Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Hail, too the King!

Last edited by TheSNakE : 07-28-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 AM
satan666

Hmm... there is a WD TV forum out there (Google it, it should show up at the top) and i bet you can find out if certain drives have had incompatibility issues there.
I'd say if the comp is recognizing it the problem is with the WDTV... not that it is messed up but that there's probably something simple that's not letting it "see" the drive. I'm just spitballing here...

EDIT - well what do you know... the forum is
Code:

That was pretty obvious, i guess.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:27 AM

Code:

It's a WD drive. It better be compatible right? It was working fine, I was watching big bang theory and when I changed episodes, it wouldn't play. Then I tried other files in different folders all over the drive and all I got was a spinning thing. I ran a test and it said the "The second NTFS boot sector is unwritable". What the fuck does it need a boot sector for anyway? I'm aggravated because I'm stuck with my DVD player now and I put all the DVD's in the closet ha ha ha
Quote:
Hail, too the King!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:38 AM
inextricably bound up with perception

Credits: 72,642
dolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thing
dolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thing

i've noticed It tends to take forever to read large drives and freezes inbetween videos sometimes. I like to transfer what im going to watch at the time onto a 2gb flashdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
I take pizza seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
9/11 was an inside job from the Roswell aliens and the Loch Ness Monster
Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 AM
satan666

Maybe they will come out with a firmware upgrade soon that fixes these problems.