forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 11-16-2008, 02:48 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,078
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

a lot better card then i expected. and some things i picked up on after watching last night.

i'm finally ready to call florian one of the top ten lightweights in the world after that dominating and frankly quite surprising, at least to me, victory over stevenson but he still doesnt create any problems whatsoever to penn.

lesnar vs nogueira is going to look exactly like sapp vs nogueira. i'm not putting down lesnar by comparing him to sapp but i just dont think he can avoid a submission by nog just yet, but thats not to say he wont kick the shit out of him before tapping.

the best heavyweight on that card was gonzaga. he is without a doubt the future of the division. as long as he doesnt mentally break like he did against couture(the broken nose was a big reason why he did) he will be very hard to beat. and at 256 lbs he looked incredible.

if randy couture still wants to fight, and be relevant, he needs to swallow his pride and drop to 205. he obviously still has talent but he is just too small for the monsters that inhabit the ufc hw division. hell, couture-liddell IV could be prety cool to see

jorge gurgel probably has the lowest fight iq of any in mma. for christs sake go for a fucking takedown!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,214
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Do you still think it was a shitty card? All in all, I thought it was pretty good. We got to see all of the under card too which means I didn't have to find them on the internet this morning.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:02 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,078
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

Code:

Old 11-16-2008, 03:12 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Code:

Ignore my last post. You already answered my question
Code:

I agree with everything you just said. He'll still lose to BJ, but he is a top 5 lightweight in my book. I never expected him to own Joe like that.
Code:

I'm sure Lesnar is going to be in the gym every day training nothing but sub defense for the next 6 months. It probably won't matter though.
Code:

He broke mentally against Werdum too. The fact is, he has looked great against lower level competition, kicked the shit out of Cro Cop, and has been absolutely destroyed by the two legit top 10 HWs he has fought. I want to see at least two fights against guys like Kongo, Herring, or even Carwin before he is dubbed a legit HW threat again.
Code:

You really think he is too small? Lesnar is the biggest out there and he didn't really control Couture.

I mean, really if he is going to cut, then 185 is probably a better place for him than 205. He is still smallish at 205. Plus, he'd probably have to fight some guys who train at his gym to get to the top of 205. Not to mention, Randy vs. Silva and the opportunity to have held 3 titles seems really promising for UFC 100.

Code:

He is an idiot. That's really all there is to it.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:21 PM

Code:

yeah, saw that when I scrolled down. I tried to tell you to ignore it, but it took me a long time to get my post up. Long reply.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 18,011
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

Affliction Entertainment on Monday officially announced many of the fights that will appear between their return to pay-per-view on Jan. 24 and the undercard bouts that will air on HDNet the same night.

As previously announced, the main event will pit top heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko against Belarus product Andrei Arlovski in a five-round title fight.

Also officially announced on Monday were the addition of both Josh Barnett and Vitor Belfort to the card, but neither fighter has an opponent named at this time.

The card will feature a light heavyweight showdown between Renato "Babalu" Sobral – who coincidentally will also compete on Nov. 21 for Strikeforce in a 205-pound title fight – against former Olympic silver medalist and top middleweight Matt Lindland.

Dan Lauzon, fresh off a win in World Championship Fighting over the weekend, faces former International Fight League standout, Chris Horodecki in a lightweight showcase.

For the fights to be broadcast on HDNet as part of the preliminary card, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will try to avenge a loss from early in his career as he faces the last ever IFL light heavyweight champion in Vladimir Matyushenko.

Also on the card will be Jay Hieron making his Affliction debut against Jason High, Mark Hominick taking on LC Davis, Albert Rios versus Antonio Duarte, and Paul Buentello against Kiril Sidellnikov in a heavyweight bout. Brett Cooper is also on the card, though no opponent has been named yet.

Affliction is expected to announce more fights in the coming weeks leading into the Jan. 24 card.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,826
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

[quote=Randal Graves;169249]

You really think he is too small? Lesnar is the biggest out there and he didn't really control Couture.

I mean, really if he is going to cut, then 185 is probably a better place for him than 205. He is still smallish at 205. Plus, he'd probably have to fight some guys who train at his gym to get to the top of 205. Not to mention, Randy vs. Silva and the opportunity to have held 3 titles seems really promising for UFC 100.
[quote]

I think randy does need to drop down to 205. The heavyweight division is filled with guys that are too big for Randy to handle. I suspect a Couture v Liddell IV might be in the cards as a co-main event. Randy only wants big paydays and PPV numbers (since he probably gets a percentage).

A Silva - Couture fight would be epic and the chance of holding 3 belts in the UFC would be historic.

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,826
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Mixed Martial Arts Makes Its Way to High School (NY Times)

WINCHESTER, Mass. — At the high school in this small, pretty and proper-looking town near Boston, a student was being choked by another student — with the school’s permission.

Just another meeting of the Winchester High mixed martial arts club, which may be the only of its kind in the country.

It began as the brainchild of In-Goo Kwak, a senior at Winchester who began campaigning for the program when he was a freshman. A student of martial arts since age 8, he wanted to create an outlet for students who were not interested in traditional sports.

Now housed in the school’s wrestling room, the club has nearly two dozen participants, ages 14-18.

At a class last month, Kwak arranged for a guest instructor, Marcelo Siqueira, someone who planned to make regular appearances. Siqueira runs a martial arts center in nearby Somerville and was a national karate champion in Brazil. He has a black belt in Brazilian jujitsu and studied at the famous Chute Boxe mixed martial arts academy in Curitiba, Brazil.

Siqueira was here to help Kwak, one of his students, and also to scout for potential talent. Siqueira manages a few professional fighters. He understands all too well the sport’s violent reputation, having fought in Brazil’s Vale Tudo arenas, the home of the no-holds-barred, bare-knuckle matches that gave birth to mixed martial arts.

“A lot of people think it’s too aggressive or violent,” Siqueira said of the sport of mixed martial arts. “But after a while, they see a different perspective.”

He added that the club offered an opportunity to pour out aggression in a safe environment designed for it. He spoke passionately about the self-discipline required to be a fighter.

Mixed martial arts was illegal in nearly every state in the country in the early 1990s, but is legal in most states now. The sport outgrosses professional boxing in pay-per-view revenue. It is now an arena for serious athletes. To succeed, a fighter must acquire the skills of four separate combat sports — boxing, wrestling, kick-boxing and submission grappling — and combine them.

Kwak lobbied for the program for two years before it began in 2006. When school administrators saw his commitment and professionalism — he pursued everything from correct safety measures to financing — they supported the club.

The school’s only concern was that the students were not actually hitting each other. They practice kicks and punches to pads, but do not kick or punch with one another. The club has not had a serious injury in the two years it has been active.

Brian Carroll, the athletic director at Winchester High, said he was thrilled with the program’s success, in particular mentioning the students’ dedication.

“They worked extremely hard,” he said. “They’re dedicated. So any way we can support them, we’re going to.”

Kwak said one of his goals with the program was to offer something to students who were not “the jocks who dominate the sports.”

Alex Woudard, a freshman, said he did not like sports like baseball or football because they were too slow.

“I started a few weeks ago because I watch this stuff on TV and I wanted to do it for real,” he said.

In the beginning, the club met once a week, with about five students. Kwak has done all of the organizing for the club, including fund-raising. Last winter, he went to business after business in town, asking for donations. In exchange, he offered to use the companies’ logos and mention them as sponsors in the club’s introductory brochure.

But beyond that, he did not have much to offer. That, coupled with his age, got him turned away frequently. Of about 100 businesses, 10 donated money. But Kwak slowly began to receive support.

Tom Defranzo Martial Arts, a local tae kwon do school, donated equipment. Kwak has developed a list of guest instructors like Siqueira. Robert Flint, a graduate of Winchester High who is a martial artist, donates his time several days a week.

“I thought it was a joke the first time I heard about it,” Flint said.

Kwak, who plans to stay involved with the club after he graduates, said his goal was for his group to compete with other clubs. He has reached out to Boston University’s mixed martial arts program to try to organize a meet.

The potential is there. Wrestling, vital to a complete game in mixed martial arts, is a sport in which Winchester High excels. Its wrestling team has gone 60-0 in the past two seasons.

And that means the so-called jocks have a place in the program, too. Brendan Cleary, a three-year member of the wrestling team, was one of the first students to sign up for the club and helps out with instructing.

In Siqueira’s class last month, he explained the process of training in mixed martial arts to the students circled around him.

“You don’t teach M.M.A., you teach the pieces,” he said.

He said the sport required skill in boxing, wrestling, submissions and kicking. He then taught a basic wrestling move, the shoot, but with a twist. He begins the technique with a punch to occupy the opponent’s hands.

At the end of the lesson, the students lined up and one at a time sparred with him. For the students, it was an opportunity to battle a world-class athlete.

“That’s perfect, there’s nothing you can do,” one student said in frustration as he sparred with Siqueira. From somewhere among the group of students watching came this response from Flint: “Could have something to do with him being a world champion.”

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,753
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Great find TLock.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 18,011
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

Code:

haha this is some funny shit