Thread: Mma
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,715
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

I think if the UFC decides to not expand their own brand into the lower weight classes, then the WEC could definitely put on a premier PPV with some of their lighter weight classes. Faber and Torres are real deals, and if they were able to get some more fighters from over seas in those weight classes over in WEC they'd DEFINITELY have enough to put on a PPV.

What will be interesting to see is if Zuffa, and to a lesser extent UFC, at some point, sees that they could really make more money consolidating their product and adding those lighter classes to UFC would just further their hold on American MMA product. Shit, you throw a 145 weight class at BJ, I'm sure he'd love to fight Faber (although, hasn't Faber trained with BJ? I think he did prior to the Pulver fight but I'm not sure...) I like keeping them separate, personally, but I'm also not sure how committed to that idea the UFC really is. . .only time will tell.