View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,429
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Ribs!
Probably the most controversial to prepare cause everyone has their 'technique', but here's how I do 'em generally:

I usually prepare 2 racks of babybacks brined and braised.

Brine:
* 36 ounces beer
* 3 tablespoons kosher salt
* 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon celery seed
* 2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
* 2 teaspoon liquid smoke

1. If the store hasn't done it, be sure to remove the membrane on the back (slide a sharp knife under there to loosen it, then grab it with something dry like a paper towel and pull it off).
3. Mix together beer, salt, brown sugar, celery seed, cayenne pepper, black pepper and liquid smoke in a saucepan.
4. Heat over low heat, stirring gently until all the salt dissolves; allow to cool.
5. Place rib sections in a large ziplock or resealable bag and pour the cooled brine over; squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the bag.
6. Allow the ribs to brine in this mixture overnight, rotating bag occasionally.
7. Using a drip pan and wire rack, I tent my ribs in foil with the brine in the bottom of the pan.
8. I grill using indirect ~250 degree heat for about two hours. (I turn off one side of my gas grill, and bring up the heat with the other.)
9. To finish, I throw the ribs on high fire for about 5 minutes a side and braise with either a drizzle of honey mixed with Chipotle Tabasco or a BBQ sauce.

Damn! now I'm hungry!

Last edited by Fever : 07-02-2009 at 10:49 AM.