View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,270
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Some people might buy a gun with good intentions such as protecting their family. Problem is if they get all hot headed about something or decide to go all vigilante then its just a vicious circle.

I personally dont think the majority of criminals are going aroundt trying to murder innocent families. When they see some guy with a gun rather than unarmed they are much more likely to end up in a gunfight. And to be honest, I imagine the criminal with the gun might have it in him more to actually do the damage rather than some frightened guy who doesnt know whats going on.

Clearly the situation is kind of irreversible now. The problem is the way people think rather than the weapons, they believe they have some kind of right to just kill anyone who is threatening. I do understand that some people are crazy and you may have to take desperate measures and the whole protecting your children thing. I would be interested in seeing how often guns ended up being used to save the day and the whole city rejoiced at how wonderful guns are.

I am pretty certain its a cultural thing and as people grow up they are told its acceptable to shoot a trespasser or anyone threatening their family. When people are told something is acceptable and they wont be in trouble for it, then they can go to extreme lengths much more easily.

Anyway sorry I probably started to branch off topic there. I dont truly understand gun crime since its not something I have been involved in and its easier for me to sit here from a distance and go on about it. Scotland is the murder capital of Europe so I read but its 90% knives. If I was going to die I would probably rather be shot once than stabbed repeatedly until I was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator24 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Scots are awesome! They like to yell and drink and fight and make the best Scotch in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foetus View Post
they make pretty cool tape too