View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,548
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
1) What will that solve? The imam that wants to build it is one of the best chances we have at reducing hostilities with the Islamic world. But I had this thought when we first went to Afghanistan. I told my cousin to dip his bullets in bacon grease. But, eh, spiteful for just being spiteful doesn't solve anything.

2) Complete agreement.

3) Its a local issue, the local board took a vote and voted 29/1 in favor. It'll bring jobs and revenue to the area. The legal avenue is like this: its protected by the constitution, so there's no argument. I actually understood with the President said which was that they had the legal right and (on that friday and left it at that) on the following day said he wouldn't comment on their wisdom. Personally, I'm torn on their wisdom. Intellectually, I can see the merit on building so close as a show of solidarity with the basic principles that were intrinsic with the founding of this country. It tells the world, you can be ignorant but we're not. My gut feeling is I don't want the extremist assholes (I don't think religion has a thing to do with it, a shit is a shit regardless of your beliefs IMHO) to be happy about it. What's the final tally for me is that we have far more to win by having it than not having it. But I still don't think its a great idea.

4) We have christian religious sects in this country that do the very same thing. Hell they just busted one right outside of Waco a year and a half ago. I think the practice is atrocious but its not uncommon. At all.